Summer of Change Student Edition (Week 1)

Options

Replies

• GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    i TOTALLY had a cheat day yesterday. Hopefully it doesn't affect my first weigh-in. I lost a pound and some inches!

I was exhausted from such a long shift the day before. So my mom took me out to lunch... and my friend.... and then there was frozen yogurt.... Although the frozen yogurt was probably the healthiest thing I ate. Ha.

Oh well. I'm back on track today :D
  • kayladiane5
    kayladiane5 Posts: 94
    Options
    TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN!

I am gonna have you join next week, because it's easier for me in general. Reply to next week's post and youre in.
  • misjesica
    misjesica Posts: 21
    Options
    I've been getting in some GREAT workouts, but I'm eating so unhealthy! Again I really need to cut out diet sodas, I just feel gross drinking them... and then my Dad has been cooking a lot of carb-heavy foods since I'm home visiting for a few weeks. He loves to cook, especially Italian food... so I've been eating a ton of pastas and they just make me feel heavy and gross.

Luckily we have a busy week ahead of us and it sounds like he'll be cooking some lighter dishes, but it's still going to be a challenge to resist all the junk food the rest of my family eats. I love being with family, but it'll be A LOT easier when I'm back at my own apartment and do my own grocery shopping and cooking. I think I'll feel a lot more in control of my diet (:
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been getting in some GREAT workouts, but I'm eating so unhealthy! Again I really need to cut out diet sodas, I just feel gross drinking them... and then my Dad has been cooking a lot of carb-heavy foods since I'm home visiting for a few weeks. He loves to cook, especially Italian food... so I've been eating a ton of pastas and they just make me feel heavy and gross.

Luckily we have a busy week ahead of us and it sounds like he'll be cooking some lighter dishes, but it's still going to be a challenge to resist all the junk food the rest of my family eats. I love being with family, but it'll be A LOT easier when I'm back at my own apartment and do my own grocery shopping and cooking. I think I'll feel a lot more in control of my diet (:

Yay for great workouts! I've never been a soda drinker myself (I go straight for coffee or scotch, lol), but when my hubby was trying to cut back, he switched to Izze "soda" instead. It's made with juice, so you have to count the calories, but it's mixed with sparkling water instead of typical carbonation. Now, we make our own with V8 fruit fusion juice (half a serving) and a little San Pelligrino. This combo also makes a less-sugary cocktail for girls' night when mixed with a little vodka :)
  • newkay
    newkay Posts: 20
    Options
    i used to LOVE diet coke...not even sure why but i dont even crave it or any other soda at alll anymore.. but anyways.. my mom started buying Clear Choice sparkling water.. its nothing like soda water or tonic so dont get turned off right away.. try it, its good!! and its 0cal so its even better :)
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had been doing pretty good all week until yesterday.... I had a friend come into town so of course there was drinking and eating out involved. I didn't even finish my diary for yesterday. Hopefully I made up for it today. I ran for 30 minutes and did Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism for 45 minutes. Next weekend is going to be hard though, I'm going home for the weekend so I'll probably run into a lot of the same problems misjesica has been having. Hopefully it doesn't throw me off track too much! Any advice?
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    I think summer is really hard for everyone, because you have all of this time to workout and keep active, but due to barbeques, picnics, going out to eat and hanging out with friends it's hard to maintain a healthy diet. Even making small healthy decisions when you go out impacts your week.. Keep this in mind.
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    *bump*

I hope this groups still open! I'm at work right now on my phone but I'll come back and post a proper introduction when i get home :)
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been gone allllllll weekend. Visited cousins and the boyfriend and it was lovely. Cheated quite a bit, but that's ok :D

So weigh in day is which day again? For some reason I thought it was Wednesdays but now maybe I'm getting the impression its earlier?
  • whiskyzee
    Options
    The first post says to post your weight by Tuesday night at the latest (I believe new charts go up on Wednesday?). I'm weighing tomorrow morning for the week. I've been on a 2 wk. plateau, and I'm ancy to see if it has budged yet.
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    Everyone must weigh in by Tuesday at midnight for your weight to be recorded. If you don't, your weight will remain the same for the following weeks.
    I'm weighing in tomorrow because that's when I normally do.
    After you do your weigh in, either send me your new weight in a message or post it on this topic.
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    weighed in this morning @187.8.... I hope it's not a fluke. I like the 2.2 pounds down! :-)
  • misjesica
    misjesica Posts: 21
    Options
    I weighed in at 139 lbs this morning! I was so relieved to see the number, but the weird thing is that I don't feel any thinner :( I think after more toning and yoga, I might feel a bit leaner. Right now all I still feel like is pudgy. Booo.
  • whiskyzee
    Options
    143 (and half an inch off my middle)! Does this mean the plateau is over? I'll take it!
  • AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    246.0 lbs today! Flying high!
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    Great job to everyone who already lost weight! Way to go. I decided I am going to weigh myself everyday so that way I can see my weight more and be more focused. Once a week isn't cutting it for me.
    I also decided I need a diet reform.
    Who wants me to post this next weeks challenge tonight? Or should I wait until tomorrow to give people a chance to enter in this weeks weigh in.
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    Who wants me to post this next weeks challenge tonight? Or should I wait until tomorrow to give people a chance to enter in this weeks weigh in.

i'd wait until tomorrow. i'm excited to see this week's challenge!!!! i weighed in this morning at 131. Didn't budge. Dangit. Whatever, I had a bad week and knew it.
  • believeinmagic
    Options
    So I weighed in this past weekend and I weigh 158 lbs. My goal would be about 150 or 145, I dont want to be too thin, I would like to keep my curves :) But right now, I hit a plauteua, kinda sucks but Im going to stay positive and eat more protein,up my intensity on the treadmill and vary my workouts. Does anyone know of any good ab workouts btw?
  • Abaestuo
    Abaestuo Posts: 4
    Options
    @Believeinmagic,
    if you have an iphone, itouch, or ipad, Get the Nike Training Club (NTC) App! It has the best workouts on it, and you can do them from home. :D

I weighed in today at 139.8~ Super stoked! This was kinda a bad weekend for me and I was really surprised to see the numbers go down. I've noticed I've been eating smaller meals and feeling fuller Whoooo!! :D
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    I had a rough weekend :/ I was excited at first to try on swimsuits, but doing so made me realize what a long a road I still have to go... Still have big boobs, icky back, giggly legs. I was hoping to be more impressed with my body this summer, but in a swimsuit I still feel like the shame chunky monkey :(

I did lose a pound this week though. I'm at 177. I also lost an inch off my hips and half an inch off my waist (or vise versa? I can't remember)

Can we post measurements on occasion as well? I find with using weights I have more results in measurements than actually weight at times.