SLIM FOR SUMMER - AND BEYOND!!!! :o)

Options

Replies

• melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Okay...here we go... I started drinking my veges (smoothies)........hope it helps me...:drinker:

OMG!!! I love Green smoothies!!!

My favourite is :

2 big handfuls of fresh baby spinach
    1 scoop protein powder - I use vanilla or natural flavour for this recipe
    1/2 banana
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 cup of soya milk....

Blend well and .... WOW!! Tastes like banana and peanut butter smoothies, can't taste the spinach, and half hour later I can feel my skin glowing with the goodness from it!!!! Fills me up for ages and so healthy!!!!

I think I shall have one next week!!!

Thanks for the reminder hunny :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • arianeeducation
    Options
    Im joining too:smile::drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi Everyone :)
    In september I am going to Dubai with my boyfriend for two weeks and I want to make sure im beach body ready!
    I need to lose between 7 and 10lbs to feel comfortable in my bikini.
    I can't realistically start my diet until the 1st June, as I'm on a disgusting revision diet which involves snacking and convenience food
    boo hiss! but once my exams are finished i can be focussed to lose this extra weight.
    Good luck everybody else with achieving your goals! xx

Hi Hun!!!

Glad to see you joined us now anyway. Your right, you must concentrate on your exams right now!! GOOD LUCK, and we'll be here for you when your ready for that bikini toning session in June!!!!
    Sounds like it will be an amazing holiday!!!

Do what you gotta do for now and we'll see you in June xxx
  • melgibson
    Options
    Well, here goes, I've been using this site for 75 days now, and this is the first time I have posted on anything. Started logging everything with a friend, but we both seem to have lost our motivation. I tend to slack off too much when I'm not held accountable, so thought maybe it was time for a bigger support system. Until about 2 weeks ago I was down 8 lbs, but seem to have thrown away all my progress pretty quickly. I seem to lose and gain this same 8 pounds once or twice a year, would like to finally break through this cycle and lose 15-20, and finally achieve my goal weight. Trying very hard to figure out what makes me self sabatoge every time I really start seeing results. Any tips on that? I love working out and have recently started working on running again too! Hope to hear more from all of you! Feel free to send friend requests!

I think I am in a similar place to you, I do the same thing, I start to get the results then think oh I can have a treat or two now, and completely undo all my hard work, BUT not any more, I MUST focus, I need to see time IS ticking away and I WANT to be at my goal, the only way I'll get there is by doing it myself so I have to go through it.
    I have had to work through some inner demons which make me think I won't want to be that size or I'll not be happy when I get there but the truth of it is when I do reach my goal weight I AM HAPPY and I need to stop slacking off and get it done!!!

Self sabotage is a funny thing, I think we all do it sometimes, for me it's like I kid myself into thinking I can get away with it, like my body won't notice that half a packet of biscuits!! But the truth is my body is looking for any opportunity to regain what I have already lost and I need to be ultra careful or I'll gain.

I accept this now and MUST remind myself and stop myself when I'm tempted, and if I do make a mistake, not allow that to be the start of a day full of mistakes - or more, but to stop it in it's tracks and control it before it's spiralled badly.

Running is something I need to get back into too, we can encourage each other with this, I need to start running 3 times a week and things will be easier for me, I know it!!!

Wish you all the best here :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Im joining too:smile::drinker:

YAY!!! Welcome aboard!!! :flowerforyou:

So what are your goals?

Where would you like to be in 8 weeks?
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i am in!!! I need all teh help i can get!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    i am in!!! I need all teh help i can get!!

YAY!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Great to have you with us!!! :flowerforyou:

So what are your goals for the next few months? Where would you like to be by summer?
  • easyoff
    easyoff Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I have a wedding to go to New Years Eve, my Sons, so here I go. I want to lose enough to look good in a nice dress.
  • easyoff
    easyoff Posts: 5
    Options
    I am on Weight Watchers with a friend who is doing it also.She is my weight loss buddie. I think keeping track here is going to help.
  • jklapatch
    jklapatch Posts: 29
    Options
    I'd like to get in on this as well. My biggest thing is someone keeping me accountable. There are plenty of days that I get off track and I think it's just gotten to the point where it's no big deal to me since I've largely been off track for the last decade...

I think you have come to the right place :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Great to have you here!!!

So what are your goals? Where do you want to get to?

I'd really like to get down a few pants size- I have an enormous closet of clothes and I can wear maybe 10% of them... I'm down to my final pair of jeans that fit :( I blame it on the return of leggings :) Damn those comfy elastic devils! I refuse to buy new pants to accommodate my new flub!

Haha!! I have the same!!
    A whole stack of amazing jeans, just one size too small!! I absolutely refuse to chuck them all out and give up!!!
    I have an entire wardrobe full of gorgeous clothes and funky tops that are just too snug to wear now.
    I think we should have a good look through our clothes, pick out some amazing things that we miss and put them in full view somewhere, I will hang my favourite 'skinny jeans' on the front of the wardrobe at night time, with one amazing top so when I see it in the morning I will feel that I would like to be able to wear them again soon.
    Clothes should be able to motivate us!!
    I love my clothes and really miss wearing some of them. But most of all I miss feeling that size :sad:
    I KNOW if I stick with it solidly for 2 months I will get back into most of these clothes.

We CAN do it!!

Great idea! It actually reminded me of one of my students who did a self-management project and everyday she put on (or attempted to) her favorite pair of jeans that no longer fit. She said it gave her a lot better feedback as opposed to the scale. Heading to the closet now!
  • jklapatch
    jklapatch Posts: 29
    Options
    Well, here goes, I've been using this site for 75 days now, and this is the first time I have posted on anything. Started logging everything with a friend, but we both seem to have lost our motivation. I tend to slack off too much when I'm not held accountable, so thought maybe it was time for a bigger support system. Until about 2 weeks ago I was down 8 lbs, but seem to have thrown away all my progress pretty quickly. I seem to lose and gain this same 8 pounds once or twice a year, would like to finally break through this cycle and lose 15-20, and finally achieve my goal weight. Trying very hard to figure out what makes me self sabatoge every time I really start seeing results. Any tips on that? I love working out and have recently started working on running again too! Hope to hear more from all of you! Feel free to send friend requests!

I hear you! Every time I get on a roll, I think I trick myself into thinking I can slack off a bit, and one cookie turns into daily cookies. I think it's important to constantly be setting new goals so that you always have something to be working towards. I think too often we focus on weight, and when we don't see the immediate results, we get discouraged (or, after achieving our goal weight, we think we're "done"). I'm going to try to start setting weekly goals for myself like increasing water intake, decreasing processed foods, increasing exercise minutes, etc. There's always some healthy behavior to work on- moreover though, I think that once you get into to working on one thing, you're more likely to make other healthy decisions as well (I mean, maybe that's just me, but after I get home from the gym, I'm a whole lot less likely to dig into the potato chips). Worth a shot maybe to keep your motivation up.
  • KendraLF
    KendraLF Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I hear you! Every time I get on a roll, I think I trick myself into thinking I can slack off a bit, and one cookie turns into daily cookies. I think it's important to constantly be setting new goals so that you always have something to be working towards. I think too often we focus on weight, and when we don't see the immediate results, we get discouraged (or, after achieving our goal weight, we think we're "done"). I'm going to try to start setting weekly goals for myself like increasing water intake, decreasing processed foods, increasing exercise minutes, etc. There's always some healthy behavior to work on- moreover though, I think that once you get into to working on one thing, you're more likely to make other healthy decisions as well (I mean, maybe that's just me, but after I get home from the gym, I'm a whole lot less likely to dig into the potato chips). Worth a shot maybe to keep your motivation up.

I'm working on setting some new goals. I have just not yet figured out what will get my motivation back. I like the idea of weekly goals, maybe just taking one week at a time will help. Thinking for a couple weeks might have to throw in a couple extra evening workouts. I think my first weekly goal will be to stop snacking at night, no eating after 9. Of course in order to stick to it I'll probably have to start making myself go to bed at 10, haha, at least the first few days. I'm thinking maybe some new fitness goals are the way to go instead of weight loss, gotta break out of my comfort zone. Weight loss alone has never been a motivator for me, at least not a good one. Maybe I'll actually take some measurements too, Best of luck to all of us!
  • KendraLF
    KendraLF Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I think I am in a similar place to you, I do the same thing, I start to get the results then think oh I can have a treat or two now, and completely undo all my hard work, BUT not any more, I MUST focus, I need to see time IS ticking away and I WANT to be at my goal, the only way I'll get there is by doing it myself so I have to go through it.
    I have had to work through some inner demons which make me think I won't want to be that size or I'll not be happy when I get there but the truth of it is when I do reach my goal weight I AM HAPPY and I need to stop slacking off and get it done!!!

Self sabotage is a funny thing, I think we all do it sometimes, for me it's like I kid myself into thinking I can get away with it, like my body won't notice that half a packet of biscuits!! But the truth is my body is looking for any opportunity to regain what I have already lost and I need to be ultra careful or I'll gain.

I accept this now and MUST remind myself and stop myself when I'm tempted, and if I do make a mistake, not allow that to be the start of a day full of mistakes - or more, but to stop it in it's tracks and control it before it's spiralled badly.

Running is something I need to get back into too, we can encourage each other with this, I need to start running 3 times a week and things will be easier for me, I know it!!!

Wish you all the best here :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

We definately seem to be fighting the same issues. I like the positve outlook you are taking and the determination behind it! That attitude alone will get you far! That's exactly where I was a month ago, and got way too comfortable. Hoping that my next couple of workouts will help get me back to that mindset! I like the idea of being held accountable for my running as well, it's not my favorite thing, but it seems to be the most productive for my body. Ran 1.5 miles last wed, and was planning on putting in 2 today, but had a sick little boy home from school, so friday it is! It's been awhile since I ran 2 miles, but I know my body is fully capable and it's time I prove it to myself! Good luck to you too!
  • svarble
    svarble Posts: 15
    Options
    So is any one on a specific type of diet? What are your eating habits? I'd like to get input!!!

Well... I usually eat pretty healthy stuff, I cook most meals from scratch and always read the labels of everything before I buy.
    I don't eat any bad sweeteners or artificial rubbish, I also avoid all items with MSG in.

I have recently started on a new self written food plan, eating items which encourage fat burning.
    The list is not very long and it excludes pretty much all processed foods, it only allows a few good carbs which I have selected for their weight loss properties.
    I will be following this food plan from Friday onwards to see how it works, I can share this with people if it is successful but it needs testing out fully first to see how it works.
    I have been using it for a month but not very religiously, I need to knuckle down and stick to it properly to see how well it works, but in the last month I have pretty much maintained my weight perfectly even with a good few treats and bad choices, a few dinners out and naughty ideas.
    Usually this would have me gaining loads of weight but I think the fat burning foods have helped me keep the weight off during the good days. I shall keep you all posted on how I do with this and share the information with you if it's working!!!

So what are your habits like?
    Do you have goals that you need to reach with food?

My biggest weakness is biscuits!!! If I could give these up without replacing them for something else bad then I'd have been at my goal ages ago!!
    This will be a goal for me over the next few months - NO BISCUITS OR COOKIES!!!

I have an absolute horrible sweet tooth. I have started back with phase 1 of southbeach. I have done this before and it really does help with my sweet tooth once i am about 2 weeks into it. Bad thing is that I like to have at least 1 day a week to go out and enjoy a dinner out.
    I got totally out of my routine when my husband came home from his deployment. Our eating was horrible!!! He will eat what I cook in the evenings, so that isn't too much of a problem. But he has had to take care of the meals since I am on crutches :angry:

Sweet tooth!! I think that should have been my middle name!!
    You right, any higher protein diet and cutting right back on sugar really helps with cravings for sweet stuff but it takes a while to kick in, I experienced this with the fat burning list too, I felt after a few day much more able to resist my usual downfalls and after a week or two I pretty much lost my desire for them, Amazing really!!

Such a shame about your foot, I hope you'll be all better soon :flowerforyou:
    I bet your itching to be mobile and able to run again?!

So ready to be able to get active again!! At least I'm doing baby steps, getting my eating under control. Then easing back into running and lifting. I have 5 weeks before I can start the elliptical and bike. I have to wait another 11 weeks before I can run again :(
  • svarble
    svarble Posts: 15
    Options
    I definitely need some motivation. I try to look at old pictures of myself before I had my daughter in December and I just get depressed instead of motivated. I only have about 12 lbs to get where I want and 6 lbs until I am back at my Pre Pregnancy weight. Sadly my husband is not motivation because "I look fine". He is a Marine and goes to the gym twice a day while I stuck at home doing what I can on my own! Frustrating!
    I so understand where you are coming from. My husband is in the Air Force and he gets his pt time, plus he goes in early to do his own workout. I feel guilty about leaving him home with the kids in the evenings to go to the gym!
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    ok Mel, you know Im in - today Im going to take control and stop letting it control me ... Im going to do your detox for a few days, but not so strict, so a variation of it, to attempt to get back on track.

It seems I was super strong until I had my hen weekend then it all went out the window - I should still be strong cos wedding is in August, but I've lost the willpower - but today Im going to dig it up from wherever it's hiding and make it work.

I've not weighed since before I went to Salou and had finally hit the 9 stones, with a struggle after doing your detox, very, very seriously ... 9 stone 12, it was amazing feeling - but I have not weighed since, and truth be told Im probably heading back up towards 10 stone 7 .. cos I put it on sooooo quickly - but today it stops, if I were seriously good today and going forward, I could drop those 7 pounds like a hot potato - but Im still not going to weigh, when I start feeling thinner again, with the help of this group, which should only be a few days, I'll weigh and see what damage I've done.

Are we recording weights and things like that or is it really a support group .. are we having aims, objectives, or just to get thin for Summer, which is good enough for me

ooooh .. IM gonna need all the help I can get !!!!

xxxx
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    hello!! i am in!!! 6 pounds to my goal weight!!! lets do this...nice idea mel :)
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hi, I have a wedding to go to New Years Eve, my Sons, so here I go. I want to lose enough to look good in a nice dress.

Hi there :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Nice to have you joining us :flowerforyou:

You have plenty of time to reach your goal, and I'm sure if you really focus all the way to new year you will be in great shape for the wedding!!
    I'm sure we can all encourage each other along the way :smile:
  • cmyers356
    cmyers356 Posts: 3
    Options
    I Think we sould allll carry a fruit (apple or orange) or whatever ur in the mood for,,,in ur pocket or ur purse !!! Lottsa Luck,,,,,,to allll!!! Have a GREAT DAY!!!!! :flowerforyou: 7485823.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'd like to get in on this as well. My biggest thing is someone keeping me accountable. There are plenty of days that I get off track and I think it's just gotten to the point where it's no big deal to me since I've largely been off track for the last decade...

I think you have come to the right place :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Great to have you here!!!

So what are your goals? Where do you want to get to?

I'd really like to get down a few pants size- I have an enormous closet of clothes and I can wear maybe 10% of them... I'm down to my final pair of jeans that fit :( I blame it on the return of leggings :) Damn those comfy elastic devils! I refuse to buy new pants to accommodate my new flub!

Haha!! I have the same!!
    A whole stack of amazing jeans, just one size too small!! I absolutely refuse to chuck them all out and give up!!!
    I have an entire wardrobe full of gorgeous clothes and funky tops that are just too snug to wear now.
    I think we should have a good look through our clothes, pick out some amazing things that we miss and put them in full view somewhere, I will hang my favourite 'skinny jeans' on the front of the wardrobe at night time, with one amazing top so when I see it in the morning I will feel that I would like to be able to wear them again soon.
    Clothes should be able to motivate us!!
    I love my clothes and really miss wearing some of them. But most of all I miss feeling that size :sad:
    I KNOW if I stick with it solidly for 2 months I will get back into most of these clothes.

We CAN do it!!

Great idea! It actually reminded me of one of my students who did a self-management project and everyday she put on (or attempted to) her favorite pair of jeans that no longer fit. She said it gave her a lot better feedback as opposed to the scale. Heading to the closet now!

Yes!! That is a great idea too!! Maybe we can have a weekly session where we try on some old clothes and see how we are progressing, I only do this when I'm feeling slim these days and then I'm disappointed to see they are still just a bit too tight to wear in public.
    I need to break the pattern and get those last few lbs off and be able to wear these things again, I'm sure once I'm in them I will be able to watch daily and make sure I don;t go back up a size, plus I know I'll feel better so so won't want to over indulge so much.

I will have a good look through my wardrobe and select an amazing top to go with my skinny jeans, I can hang these in full view so when I wake up they will be seen right away, this should remind me from the start of the day that I need to be good!!!
    I'm also going to start weighing in daily again, even though I find it frustrating and very upsetting at TOM (Time Of Month) I find that I do stay more focused daily if I weigh daily.

I officially start my new eating plan tomorrow and am determined to not regain what I have lost this week, I have been detoxing this week and usually I gain a bit afterwards, BECAUSE I relax too much :grumble:

Let us know how your wardrobe hunt went!!!! :drinker: :drinker: