lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Broccoli and peas.
  • rainbowdarling
    rainbowdarling Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No matter how I try, I can never manage to like the following:

- Fish. Gag-city.
    - Peanuts. I really want to like them! Will only eat really creamy peanut butter. I'd rather eat almond butter.
    - Olives. Unviersally.
    - Mangos. Weird, slimy texture. They're good *in* things, but that's it.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on hummus. But at least you have tried it!! I can't get past the color/look to put it in my mouth!!!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    raw vegetables....yucky...i love them cooked though

SAME! I really wish I liked raw veggies...those salads are so good for you! But alas, I do not. At least I eat vegetables now. The first 18 or so years of life I pretty much avoided them.
  • MistyNoble1987
    Options
    Tomatoes. Cooked or raw, I can't stand the buggers. But I'm really weird. I can eat ketchup and sauces that have tomatoes in it, and I like Spaghetti sauces and salsa with it in it... But the salsa has to be like Pace or similar to it. As far a Hummus, I like it but it's not my favorite. I'll eat it cause it's good for me - I never thought about using it as a spread on a sandwich or something - I'll have to try it!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Quinoa...I had the red variety and not sure if it was the way I prepared it but it was gross. Don't think I would try it again though lol Also brussel sprouts...ick. My mom would always make them because my brother loved them and I would force a few down but don't really enjoy them.
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow, this could be a HUGE list for me!

Biggest one(s): Seafood/fish in general, I know it's so good for me, but I've never found any type of water critter I can eat! Yuck!!!!

A lot of foods simply on texture alone..coconut, love the taste (& the rum) but not the actual texture...bleh! Broccoli, cauliflower, oatmeal....OK, I won't go on, but there's A LOT!!! Which sucks because my fiance' is a fabulous cook and I won't eat all the stuff he wants to make for me! :cry:
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Bananas. I hate them, hate hate hate them. But man, they are a wonderful food
    THIS! I can't even stand the smell of bananas.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    If you don't like salmon, maybe try tilapia. It does not have that fishy taste or smell to it. :)

I agree. I love tilapia, but salmon tastes too fishy for me.
  • bossymom
    bossymom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    broccoli and cauliflower. Yuk.
  • smartin0619
    smartin0619 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! I think it smells good, I just can't make myself swallow it. I have tried many many times to make myself eat it! I just can't get over the stupid texture!

Same! I forced myself to eat it this week for breakfast because ti is good for you and filling... Ugh I had to choke it down and got about half way there and had to stop. It is just a bowl of mush!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Salmon and tuna - fine, but any other fish... :sick: I'm with Jim Gaffigan on that one: "Hey, this smells like a dumpster - let's eat it" But I do like hummus with pita bread - yum.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hummus! I can understand why some people wouldn't like it though.

Actually, this post got me thinking, there are very few "healthy" foods that I dislike... I can't stand mushrooms and olives! Other than that, I enjoy pretty much anything. I'm getting tired of Zucchini; I'd rather not eat it anymore for the rest of my life. I think it tastes ok though. I even love broccoli so much I could eat it raw. I always considered myself to be somewhat fortunate that I just happen to truly enjoy healthy food...... I also enjoy unhealthy food though. Sometimes that becomes a problem ;-)
    I'm the same way . I don't like carrots cooked and I'm not a fan of radishes, but cut the radish up small and hide it in a salad I can eat them, however I cannot stand okra. Other than that I can eat pretty much any veg raw or cooked.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What "healthy" foods do you wish you enjoyed, but just cant seem to make yourself like them?

Bananas! I hate the texture, smell, and taste. Also oatmeal. I do eat oats raw or in granola but can't stand that icky sticky texture of it cooked.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options

Funny considering your user name MAMA MONKEY! LOL

I used to love bananas but something happened to me in my 40's .. the long strands of skin on them, gag. They are either too ripe or too green/hard as a rock. They are perfect for about 10 minutes - by the time I get them home from the grocery store they look disgusting so I have given up on them!
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options

I hate bananas too! Apparently since I was a baby.

I also can't stand peanut butter (I know if you made a peanut butter/jam sandwhich and didn't clean the knife before putting it into the jam jar!)

And hot dogs. Well..basically all "meat-in-tube". (sounds dirty, but isn't)
  • richakim
    richakim Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't mind Hummus but it is high in fat content....however, my biggest challenge and one that I ALWAYS avoid is cottage cheese.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Quinoa...I had the red variety and not sure if it was the way I prepared it but it was gross. Don't think I would try it again though lol Also brussel sprouts...ick. My mom would always make them because my brother loved them and I would force a few down but don't really enjoy them.

I grew up hating Brussel sprouts. And I still hate them boiled or steamed, which is the only way my mother ever cooked them. But I absolutely LOVE them roasted in the oven with olive oil, garlic and chili powder. I eat them 2 -3 times a week now. I like quinoa, but only like it if it's very dry. If you get too much liquid it has an odd texture that is off-putting IMO. I like it best cooked in low sodium chicken stock with plenty of Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning. Also like to stir in finely chopped kale or collard greens when it's almost finished cooking.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain on the hummus. I have the same problem with beautiful colorful vegetables. When I see a beautiful stirfry with all those colorful beautiful vegetables I get almost giddy.. then I taste it and I remember that these things are kind of yucky.

I'm getting better and I keep trying it just thinking that one day it will taste delicious to me.

Have you tried home made hummus? It has a different texture than the store bought.. Also if you make it yourself you can leave it chunkier if you want and mash it by hand rather than in the food processor.
  • KnightOwl
    KnightOwl Posts: 38
    Options
    Seafood. Bleckkkk. So gross. But it's supposed to be so good for you! :(