Hummus :(

Options

Replies

• michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like houmous a lot, but for me it's cottage cheese - I just think it looks gross! I made myself buy a chive and onion flavoured one the other day though and I have it with me today for lunch, so wish me luck!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i only like home made hommus. i hate anything supermarket bought, it doesn't actually taste anything like real hommus.

perhaps you should try making some.. it's easy, quick and cheap. i use canned chickpeas, add lemon, paprika, garlic, tahini, salt, olive oil and water and blend it up.... sensational taste, and so much different from any store bought i have ever tried.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Bananas. I hate them, hate hate hate them. But man, they are a wonderful food

Whaaaaaat?! :frown:
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    YES! I feel the same way. The texture of hummus is just.... bleh. And it's mealy. I'm the same way with yogurt. It has to have granola or something in it or I can't eat it.
  • mirapaigew
    Options
    I also can't stand asparagus by itself. I love it in pasta or cooked in a dish. But alone? PASS.
  • mirapaigew
    Options
    OH! And any kind of melon. Honey dew, cantaloupe, watermelon... Bleh.
  • leshagen
    leshagen Posts: 36
    Options
    I understand your frustration when there is something everyone loves and is good for you but you just don't like it. I've tried mushrooms and asparagas many times with no success. Just can't stomach them. Have you ever tried making your own hummus? Maybe you can make it a texture that will suit your palate. If not, at least there's plenty of other good stuff out there :D
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Nuts. I can eat them in chocolate, chopped and sprinkled on top of a cake or other dessert or mixed with other things in a meal but on their own? Blech! This goes for all nuts I've tried. I can't stand peanut butter either.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Eggs!! Unless they're so mashed up in a cake or something that I dont even know that its there. I hate everything about em.
  • aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge texture person too. I can eat greek yogurt because it's thicker, but regular old yogurt has to have some granola in it for me to get it down. I MADE myself like hummus. I realized that I can't eat it on something soft (a wrap, a sandwich, etc) but love it on crunchy, salty things (my fav are Stacy's Pita Chips). If you really want to like it, experiment with how you're eating it!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Raw spinach! Yuck!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Egg whites. I have to have whole eggs mixed in for omelettes or scrambled eggs, or I just eat the yolks of boiled, fried or poached eggs.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Eggs!! Unless they're so mashed up in a cake or something that I dont even know that its there. I hate everything about em.

Me too! Horrid, horrid things! I used to gag just feeding them to my kids when they were little! I can just about stomach an omelette if it has so many veggies in it that I can't taste the egg! I wonder actually, whether it can be made with just the white? I love meringues because they're not eggy, so I reckon it's the grimness of the yolk which wigs me.

I also cannot bear green peppers, especially if they're cooked. :noway: Why eat green ones anyway? Why not just have nice, ripe ones?! :laugh:

ETA: Porridge made with milk! Errgggggg! I like it made with apple juice, with sultanas and flaked almonds added. I like it in muesli, but made up with milk and sugar is surely the food of Satan! :devil:
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    Celery.. that's basically it!
  • teetees40
    teetees40 Posts: 30
    Options
    I agree w/Greyhoundluv - hate salmon! Wish I didn't. Love Hummus though! :)
  • ohhbee2012
    ohhbee2012 Posts: 17
    Options
    olives! green especially..the flavor contaminates everything!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Vegetables in general. There are very few vegetables that I will eat. I wish I could because they are good for you, but hopefully my fruit intake and vitamins can supplement the lack of veggies.
    Me too! I can take raw carrots with ranch dip. Asparagus is okay. Green bean casserole is good, but probably not good for you. I just don't like veggies! Now gimme some taters though- those I like!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list for salmon. I love many other fish and types of seafood, but don't much like salmon at all. It has such a strong flavor.

For everyone who mentioned the texture of oats, have you tried steel cut oats? It has the same flavor as rolled oats (regular oatmeal), but a completely different texture. It looks more like bits of rice, and has a much chewier texture. It does take longer to cook though, 20 to 30 minutes instead of just 5.

I do love hummus though. Homemade is the best. You can control the texture and make it anything from somewhat grainy to super smooth like peanut butter. (And you can add in extra garlic... yum.)
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Avocado. I'd rather eat wallpaper paste... mixed with vomit.
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! I think it smells good, I just can't make myself swallow it. I have tried many many times to make myself eat it! I just can't get over the stupid texture!
    Oatmeal is the WORST food ever.... I gag trying to eat it because of the texture....:explode: :explode:

I'll only eat it in cookie form...:drinker: