150 Calories (or less) Snacks

Options
Hi guys! I've been meaning to make a huge list of all of my favorite 150 calories or less snacks and post it. Since time is not allowing me to do that, I will post what I have right now - please post your ideas so we can all share

~ 4 ounces of baby carrots and two tablespoons of fat free Ranch dressing. I find that the carrots are harder to chew, so that prevents me from eating them too fast. Also, 4 ounces is a TON of baby carrots (I’ve found between 20 and 30). With them being so small, they also keep me munchin for an hour and let me brain register that I’ve eaten.

~ Athenos Greek Yogurt doubles – they have these in different flavors at the grocery store. They’re only 100 calories – the yogurt by itself is really bitter and tastes like you’re eating sour cream, but mix it with whatever comes with it (I get the honey ones – yum!) and they’re delicious.

~ Mrs Freshelys granola bars – okay, get this – I found this one AT THE DOLLAR STORE!!! Generic Nutrigrain bars! I saw them in blueberry, strawberry, and apple cinnamon. Whole grain oats, and fruit filling. Comes in a box of six for a dollar – and 100 calories each!!!!

~ Fruit snacks – this one surprised me. The Great Value (Wal-Mart) brand gummy fruit snacks like you put in your kids lunch boxes are 100 calories a pack! I got a pack of, like, 35 for four bucks. Gives you the right amount of sweet, and allows you feel like you’re cheating when you’re not.

~Green Beans - Now these little green guys are not only good for you, but they're fun to eat (I know I'm weird!) I buy the canned ones, which are about 20 calories for a half cup, and add bacos, which are 30 calories per tablespoon, then pop them in the microwave for a few seconds. Gives me that bacon flavor that makes green beans so good, and they fill me up without filling me out!!!

Anyhow that's all I have right now. Will add more as I come up with them!

~Misty

Replies

• Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I like,
    boiled eggs,
    hummus with baby carrots,
    whole wheat toast with some sliced tomato and guacomole,
    granola bar
  • ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Add air popped popcorn to the list. 3 cups (popped) is 45 calories and also packs 12 grams of Protein, and 18 grams of Fiber. That's of course not adding anything to it. Try it - it's not bad! :)
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    100 cal packs of microwave popcorn
    Fiber One Bars (or in my case, Market Pantry Fiber Bars cause I am cheap)
    Laughing cow cheese as dip for things (esp. baby carrots)
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream
    WW Giant Latte bars
    Tablespoon of Peanut Butter
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow now also makes chocolate candy snacks. I just finished a little pouch of "Dreamy Clusters", which are crunch crisps and creamy caramel drenched in milk chocolate. Each pouch is 120 calories, 6g fat, 115g sodium, 20g carbs, 10g sugar, 1g protein.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    12 grams of protein in POPCORN? I had no idea! Nice. :)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow now also makes chocolate candy snacks. I just finished a little pouch of "Dreamy Clusters", which are crunch crisps and creamy caramel drenched in milk chocolate. Each pouch is 120 calories, 6g fat, 115g sodium, 20g carbs, 10g sugar, 1g protein.

That sounds delicious!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple (Fuji) dipped in a TBS of melted peanut butter (JIF) ~180 cals.
  • ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    12 grams of protein in POPCORN? I had no idea! Nice. :)

12 grams of protein in air popped, unflavored, unsalted, unbuttered popcorn - You got it! Check my diary, I eat it everyday.

Here's a link about how good it is for you - http://www.livestrong.com/article/265098-health-benefits-of-air-popped-popcorn/
  • BecBe4
    BecBe4 Posts: 20
    Options
    There are some awesome snack ideas here! Thanks everyone, I really needed some new ideas.
  • MistyNoble1987
    Options
    More stuff to add to my list!

~Goldfish - "The little snack that smiles back until you bite their heads off!" I really like the Mix Ups pizza flavored Goldfish. These guys are really yummy and an easy snack to grab. Calorie count - 140 in approximately 55 pieces. Lots of little fish to keep you snacking forever! Great alternative to greasy chips because these are baked and not fried!

~Materene GoGo Squeezable On The Go Applesauce - these things are AMAZING. They come in four different varieties (Apple, AppleCinnamon, AppleBanana, and AppleStrawberry) and they are only 60 calories a pouch! Great to throw in your bag for a snack at work, whole you're hiking or camping, or just easy to keep and have applesauce anytime and any place you want without requiring a spoon or refrigeration, and they're just the right amount of sweet to satisfy my sweet tooth! My favorite is the AppleBanana flavored!!! Not sure about your local Wal Mart but the Wal Mart here up the street from me has these on sale for a four pack for a dollar - they're normally 87 cents each, so I stocked up!!!

~Snack Wells single serving packs: I am soo addicted to these things! Snack Wells has these single serving packages of yummy snacks that are low in calories! The ones I like are the Brownie Bites, which have 150 calories, and the Fudge Drizzled Carmel Covered Popcorn is only 130 calories! Both amazing and there are other varieties as well, I just can’t think of them at the moment!

Time for work, will work on this list and continue to post as I get them!

~M
  • MistyNoble1987
    Options
    More to the list, now off to work!

~Nutrigrain bars: These things are amazing. They have a good amount of fiber and nutrients in them, and they’re really good! They come in many varieties, but the one I like the most is the Yogurt Strawberry ones, and they’re only 130 calories each.

~Triscuits – These things are AMAZING. To be honest I’ve stopped having to take my fiber supplement after eating these everyday! There are several varieties (I eat the cracked black pepper and olive oil) and at 20 calories a cracker, they’re good for you and good to you! You can do all sorts of things with them – melt cheese on them and make nachos, make tiny pizzas out of them by adding cheese and pepperoni, cold dips, hummus and so many other ways to munch on them – you’ll never get bored! I’ve started replacing my chips with these with my sandwiches and stuff!

~Whey Protein – now, I had to get use to the texture of it, but at 100 calories per scoop and 15 grams of protein, it was worth getting used to! I get the strawberry flavored and I used it in one cup of Simply Almond milk (35 calories), and it’s a healthy version of strawberry milk! Of course if you don’t want to spring on the extra calories you can also make it in water. Throw it in a blender with some milk and ice and it transforms into a delicious smoothie! You can do so many things with it, I love it!
  • axzl32
    axzl32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    6 brazil nuts are great and high in good cholesterol (to combat the bad stuff!) + high in protein
  • rgutie1
    rgutie1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Fruit and Veggies
    Bananas (~110-120) I find bananas very filling
    Clementines (~40)
    I second the carrot sticks and hummus

Bars
    Kellogs cereal bars (90cals)
    Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Nut Bars (These are actually 160-180 calories but I find them to be super filling and tasty, especially the peanut, to the point where i sometimes use as a meal substitute in a pinch)

Sweet
    Skinny Cow Choclate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich- The very best low calorie preparred dessert in my opinion (150)
    Jello MousseChoclate or Caramel Temptation Cups (70)

Also I found that having coffee or a hot earl grey tea around makes it much less likely that I will want a snack in the first place.
  • MistyNoble1987
    Options
    Gots more!

* ¼ cup Jelly Belly jelly beans – O.M.G. I am SO glad I found this out! 35 little Jelly Belly jelly beans (about ¼ of a cup) have only 140 calories in it! I don’t know about you, but I am OBSESSED with jellybeans! If you go to the Jelly Belly Belly Factory in California they have this tuff called Hodge Podge which is a mix of all the non jelly bean misshapen candies, and they have these things called Belly Flops which are imperfect jelly beans... Hodge Podge – 150 Calories per ¼ cup! I can’t stress enough how much I love jellybeans!

* One Medium Sized Egg – weather you hard-boil it, scramble it or sunny side up it, the incredible edible egg has protein in it to make you full and keep you full for a bit, and you can’t beat it for about 75 calories!

* Fruits and vegetables – now, this is a given, most vegetables are about 50 calories in ½ cup or more, same for fruits. Bananas range between 110-130, apples 120-140, and the other fruits are about 100 calories per fruit – it would take me ages to sit here and write out everyone!

* Sugar free popscicles – I get the jumbo bag of 12 twin pops for like two bucks at walmart – they have 30 calories for each twin pop! Great for those hot summer days!
    * Sugar Free Jello and pudding cups – There’s always room for Jello! The single serving containers have 30 calories each, so eat it up! Single serving cups of pudding – weather it be chocolate, vanilla, or swirled they run about 70 calories a cup!

* Sargentos Light String Cheese – I don’t know about you, but I love cheese! These things are only 50 calories per string cheese, so I can have my cheese fix!
  • defenestrate
    defenestrate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Warm apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon
  • MistyNoble1987
    Options
    Warm apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon

I'll have to try this one. Sounds tasty
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    * Sargentos Light String Cheese – I don’t know about you, but I love cheese! These things are only 50 calories per string cheese, so I can have my cheese fix!

Cheese always seems to get such a bad rap - When it's only bad for you when you eat it outside of moderation. Love pepperjack.
  • becky2967
    becky2967 Posts: 124
    Options
    my low fat snacks when i have one are 1. skips chrisps (97cal) per pack. 2. fudge chocy bar ( treat size ) 115cal or my favourite low fat cream & strawberrys. with 8 strawberrys and 1 serving of cream its about 90 cals .
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Whole grain waffle (70cal) Peanut butter (95cal)

Kix (110 cal)

Pretzels minis (12 for 120cals)

Many more
  • nt2012
    nt2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    clementines - 30 calories each and readily available this time of year