Speaking of What Not to Wear...your list

Options
ladybug1620
ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
If you could make a list of things that people should never, ever wear, what would be on it? Mine:

Guys in white sunglasses. If you are male and wear these, you are automatically a tool in my book. Sorry if that offends anyone lol.

Socks with sandals

Higher socks (calf, tube, etc) if you aren't wearing pants/jeans to cover them

Colored socks if you aren't wearing jeans/pants to cover them

Shirts that show bra straps. Don't wear a racer back tank with a regular bra. You will look trashy.

Capris with athletic shoes. Unless they're workout capris.

I'm sure there's more. Stay tuned.

Replies

• FearOfFrying
    FearOfFrying Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I always try to avoid wearing black socks with sandals at the same time as my lime green mankini, if any ladies want fashion advice don't hesitate to contact me. Rob
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    NOBODY should wear spandex at Walmart. Just sayin'!
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    I do a lot of stuff you hate.

I guess on my list I'd include: collar popping
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I always try to avoid wearing black socks with sandals at the same time as my lime green mankini, if any ladies want fashion advice don't hesitate to contact me. Rob

LMFAO!!!!! GREATNESS! :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Just because a bikini will fit doesn't really mean you should wear it (me included!)
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Speedo bathing suits (guys) unless you are an athlete.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Fanny Packs
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I own two pair of white sunglasses :noway: One are Oakley's with an mp3 player right in them so I can tune out the mean woman at my kids sporting events...the other a cute pair of Louis...Eeeek :noway:

Way agree with the trashy statement of the bra and shirt straps...I wont even let me 14yr old daughter do this.

How about pants down to the knees with boxers on...SMH

Oh well to each there own :laugh: :tongue:
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options

Oh my word.... I laughed so hard I spit tea all over my computer monitor! Thanks for the laugh, Rob! :laugh:
  • ladybug1620
    Options
    I think we need a picture of this.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Pajamas out in public. Unless you are really sick and just need to run to the store for something quick. Otherwise please take the time to join the land of the living and put some clothes on!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Tube tops. Especially with a bra underneath.... (or if you can't pull it off without)
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Shirts that show bra straps. Don't wear a racer back tank with a regular bra. You will look trashy.

Worse when clear straps are used. Yuck! I don't know why they bother me so much but I can't stand when I see people with clear straps-- WE CAN STILL SEE YOUR BRA STRAPS! YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ANYBODY! INVEST IN SOMETHING STRAPLESS!
  • ladybug1620
    Options

Worse when clear straps are used. Yuck! I don't know why they bother me so much but I can't stand when I see people with clear straps-- WE CAN STILL SEE YOUR BRA STRAPS! YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ANYBODY! INVEST IN SOMETHING STRAPLESS!
    haha love this one!
  • Thorneapple
    Thorneapple Posts: 154
    Options
    Halter tops or animal print dresses to work (unless you work at a night club). It just doesn't seem business approriate to me.

And can people please stop wearing pants that are so big the waistband hangs around the hips?
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Pajamas out in public
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    White pumps or sandals with black pantihose.
  • RubyA2011
    RubyA2011 Posts: 66
    Options
    Men ::: Speedo's -- Unless you are aged 20-30 and have the body of a god -- an Bhudda doesnt count!
    Socks & sandals

Women::: Hate to see bra straps showing under vest tops etc (big pet hate of mine)
    Bra's that are too small
    Thongs showing at the top of jeans/trousers/skirts

Im sure i will think of more too!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

LOL Dude! your a trend setter!! how has GQ not contacted you yet!!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think socks with sandals should be illegal. Jail time - no exceptions. If the offender is a minor, then the parent should have to serve a double sentence.

Capri pants - a "no" in my book for almost anyone. Make up your mind - pants or shorts!!

Pajamas in public - if you can't get dressed, don't leave the house.

Any shirt that shows more of your boobs than it covers, unless it's in a club and even then it's iffy.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the list toppers.