Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Don't know what to think about this

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Sounds like your doing everything correctly. At first I thought you had a HRM watch as well.

As long as you have put in correct, age, weight, etc for your profile and your resting heart rate, as others have mentioned.
    Is there a setting for v02 max?

I used to move furniture for a living. I wish I had these things back then and know what I know now.
    If your always moving, your heart is racing, 140's, your sweating?
    I've burned 800-1,000 calories an hour.
    What are you doing to get your heart rate up to 185 though?

That rate should be from high intensity exercising .

edit: Just read your last reply.. Yep I'd say it's doing it right.
    Once you get resting heart rate properly put in, then you'll get more accurate numbers
  • ddonkeys
    ddonkeys Posts: 56
    There is actually no input for resting heart rate. To get my heart rate up that high could have happened one of 3 times during the day. I think it was this one though... I had to pull 12 bozes of tile and put it on a pallet for a guest. The catch is that we can't have pallets on the sales floor for long periods of time. I put the 12 boxes on the pallet in about 10 mins. Each box weighs about 65 pounds and is very compact if that means anything. There is no setting that I have found for v02 max
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    It very well could be correct. When i worked at the HEB warehouse (grocery chain here in tx) we had 10-14 hour shifts, and you spent all day running up and down a long *kitten* line picking up cases of whatever and throwing them up on conveyors. The faster you went the more money you got so people were busting trying to make that extra cash. Buy first break, about 3 hours into the shift, my clothes were totally soaked. I lost about 35 pounds working there.... of course when i quit i gained it back plus about 50 more.....:sad:
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    LOL that is awesome! I wanna burn 9000 calories a day!!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    some people just do burn a lot I guess. You might be one of those lucky ones, but if youre regularly burning that much a day, im surprised that you need to still lose weight
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    There is actually no input for resting heart rate. To get my heart rate up that high could have happened one of 3 times during the day. I think it was this one though... I had to pull 12 bozes of tile and put it on a pallet for a guest. The catch is that we can't have pallets on the sales floor for long periods of time. I put the 12 boxes on the pallet in about 10 mins. Each box weighs about 65 pounds and is very compact if that means anything. There is no setting that I have found for v02 max
    I just d/l'd your manual and quickly went through it.. no resting heart rate or v02 max setting (Polar's - another company that makes HRM has those settings).
    Moving furniture I remembered many days where my shirt was soaked Of course it was those very hot days and you have to put a 5 bedroom house into a tractor trailer.

How many calories have you thought about eating daily?
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    No offense, but I highly doubt you are burning that many calories. I'm not saying what you do isn't hard and I am sure you burn a high amount of calories compared to others, but that's just insane.

If you have a resting heart rate of over 100bpm then you need to go see a doctor FAST. A resting heart rate for a male of 27 years of age that is considered poor is over 80bpm. If you have over 100bpm you may be suffering from heart arrhythmias, tachycardia. The lower your resting heart rate the better, not the other way around.

I think you need to go see a doctor if you are being serious. I think you also need to recheck your calorie burned in a day too. If you are losing 9000 calories a day and only eating 2000 calories then you would be losing 2lbs a day. I don't think you'd need to be on this weight loss journey if you were burning that much.
  • ddonkeys
    I am eating about 2,000 calories a day. I did say that what I thought was my resting heart rate was actually just me sitting around for a few hours doing nothing. And yes I am losing between 1 and 2 pounds a day. I used to eat closer to double the amount of food that I am right now.
  • mommiedawn
    mommiedawn Posts: 53 Member
    You'll get this thing figured out! I just got a Polar FT7 last night and went for a walk/run and was pretty amazed by the results. So I'm interested i how this turns out for you. Let us know when you have it figured out!
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    YOur body gets used to the work, so even though it says that many calories, don't take it as I have TONS of calories to spare.
  • ddonkeys
    erinhale not to worry I'm not looking at it as calories to spare. This was more of a personal experiment to show me little things like when I sweat where my heart rate is since I tend to sweat a lot when I'm working. Turns out I really start sweating at 160 where I start dripping. I had done some working out and had logged my calories burnt and ate some of them back (not even to where I was at my target) and gained a little weight back. From that I figure that I'm the type of person that should eat some of the calories burnt back but not much if I'm to lose the weight.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    I am eating about 2,000 calories a day. I did say that what I thought was my resting heart rate was actually just me sitting around for a few hours doing nothing. And yes I am losing between 1 and 2 pounds a day. I used to eat closer to double the amount of food that I am right now.

Well, unfortunately, 1-2 lbs loss per day is NOT healthy. You will end up with some serious health risks. I would agree that you should probably get a check up.
  • jenkins1103
    jenkins1103 Posts: 50 Member
    That's awesome...Keep up the good work
  • ddonkeys
    I've talked with local fitness experts (mma trainers, physical therapists, gym trainers, semi-pro athletes) and 1-2 pounds in a day is healthy. Any more then that is where most of the problems begin.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    I've talked with local fitness experts (mma trainers, physical therapists, gym trainers, semi-pro athletes) and 1-2 pounds in a day is healthy. Any more then that is where most of the problems begin.

Um no. Health experts (and responsible and knowledgeable trainers) recommend no more than 2-3 lbs per WEEK. And that's for someone who's obese. You are not at a point where more than 1-2 lbs per WEEK is healthy. With the amount of fat stores you have, you're almost certainly cannibalizing a LOT of lean tissue (muscle). Someone who is morbidly obese (100+ lbs to lose) can sometimes get away with losing quickly because they have large amounts of fat stores. You do not. Someone with your level of fat stores simply cannot lose 1-2 lbs a day of fat.

Might want to read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/222019-60-lbs-in-60-days?hl=60+lbs

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 983 Member
    Heart Rate Monitors are only able to calculate calories expended when you are at a fitness level heart rate. They calculate the calories expended using a series of mathematic equations that just don't work when you are at a resting heart rate. You would have to purchase a BodyBugg or something similar to calculate daily calories expended.

At least that was my understanding of it! :smile:

^^^^^^^^^ what she said.... HRMs can only accurately calculate calories burned during exercise - when your heart rate is elevated.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    This thread makes me.........

businessman-banging-his-head-against-the-wall-ispc026073.jpg
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Bottom line, YOU CAN'T WEAR AN HRM FOR REGULAR CALORIE NUMBERS. That's not what they are designed for, and they are wildly inaccurate in this capacity.

If you want your daily calorie burn, buy a bodybugg or a bodyfit media device. these devices are designed for full day calorie counts. HRM's are for exercise, that's it. Period, end of story.
  • Jessika616
    Jessika616 Posts: 41
    Or, I would suggest getting a Calorie Report Assessment. They will be able to get your resting heart rate and can tell you how many calories a day you burn with your lifestyle. You will then also walk/run on a treadmill and figure out your zones. Worth the hour and money.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,289 Member
    Michael Phelps burns less than that on an Olympic race day.

I call fail.

Get a new one if you can't set the RHR and get a read somewhere in the 2000-3000 Cals per day rate. C'mon, you know better.....:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!