help with a weird problem.. any ideas what it could be??

Options
2»

Replies

• Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My best friend gets like this and she says her saving grace is cranberry juice - if its not something serious, this would definitely be an option to help.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    This is WAY more common than you might think, and is something that most of us do NOT have to grin and bear :) The reasons that could be causing this are more numerous that you could mention, and most will be identified and remedied with a quick trip to the Docs :))))
    Don't let frequent 'urges' impact your lifestyle any longer, please go see your GP xxx
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    This is WAY more common than you might think, and is something that most of us do NOT have to grin and bear :) The reasons that could be causing this are more numerous that you could mention, and most will be identified and remedied with a quick trip to the Docs :))))
    Don't let frequent 'urges' impact your lifestyle any longer, please go see your GP xxx
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking fluids about 1 or 2 hours before you go to sleep. I know I have to.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    1. Are there any "natural diuretics" (Google them) that you've recently added as a staple to your diet?
    2. Started any new workout routines that beat the heck out of your core?

I don't think I need to explain the diuretic explanation. Core workouts...if you're doing anything to build core muscles, you are aggravating the muscles *right* near the bladder and causing them to swell - in turn giving your bladder less storage room. When I first started doing planks I would notice that the stomach/pelvic muscles would randomly (and painlessly) contract on their own and I doubt that stopped while I slept. Eating foods that make you gassy or constipated can also give you less bladder room. Are you snacking on gassy foods right before bed?

And now I'll cover my *kitten* and say: "Call a doctor because I'm not one." X-)