Just read this, What do you think?

Options
2»

Replies

• PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Also here is the biggest reason I am aiming for understanding protein lately:

A recent study at Maastricht University, Netherlands, showed greater larger thermogenesis and fat burning after consuming protein versus carbohydrate may be related to the glucagon response that is induced by protein, but not by carbohydrates; protein-induced thermogenesis and glucagon response are not influenced by a carbohydrate pre- or post load.4 The researchers also reported protein ingestion can fully prevent the plasma glucose increase associated with a carbohydrate when carbohydrates are ingested after proteins.

pasted from: http://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/articles/2008/04/thermogenic-fat-burners-for-weight-loss.aspx

Thanks, for your insight. I like have articles and stuff to read, to back up other information I am questioning. It seems to be pretty creditedable information.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

There's not really thinking involved here. Just take the main idea and eat the complex stuff instead of the simple stuff. It's not like you get to "not count" those calories... You still count them. You just get far more benefit out of them.

I agree!!!!
  • mommiedawn
    mommiedawn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks, for your insight. I like have articles and stuff to read, to back up other information I am questioning. It seems to be pretty creditedable information.

You are welcome! And I'm like you, I want to get plenty of credible sources before I make some kind of alteration to my diet because we are talking about fueling our bodies! If I'm going to make these changes I want them to be well informed, worth the effort, and capable of making my life easier! Knowledge is powa! :wink:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Seems like too much thinking to me!

What she said. LOL It is interesting though.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Yes protein is good and logically that makes since but I'm not too sure that's lagit. One thing I do know is that Celery takes more calories to digest than the calories that are actually in it. So if you REALLY want to maximize weightloss, eat lots of celery lol
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be (probably not for the lady that was put on the protien diet for health reasons) to try to have a lean protien with every meal and to stick to complex carbs. Complex carbs are so much better for you than simple carbs. They keep your blood sugar levels stable and help with everything from proper digestion, metabolism and the expulsion of toxins from the body. Drinking lots of water is key to helping these complex carbs nourish and flush the system.

I agree with the coment about eating complex carbs with simple carbs as long as the complex carb is more abundant than the simple carb.

For example, oatmeal with a little bit of brown sugar on it is fine.
    A chocolate bar with crispy rice in it is not.