Lateral thinking puzzle

Options
FearOfFrying
FearOfFrying Posts: 127 Member
so, here's how it works, I give you a quandary and you need to ask me questions that I answer yes or no, I may give hints. If you know this one please don't spoil it;

A man lives in an apartment on the 14th floor. He leaves his apartment at 8am, gets in the lift, takes it to the ground floor and gets on the bus to work. On his return he enters the lift, takes it to the 9th floor, gets out and walks the rest of the way up the stairs.....why does he do this?

Replies

• noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Is there a hot chick who walks the stairs around the same time he comes back to the apartment?
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    i think you may have neglected to include the additional information regarding rainy days.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Does it have anything to do with the time? (You mentioned what time he went to work)
  • FearOfFrying
    Options
    Is there a hot chick who walks the stairs around the same time he comes back to the apartment?

No, there's no one else around
  • FearOfFrying
    Options
    i think you may have neglected to include the additional information regarding rainy days.

Nothing to do with rain
  • FearOfFrying
    Options
    Does it have anything to do with the time? (You mentioned what time he went to work)

No, time is not an issue, he always does the same thing whenever he leaves the apartment
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    for exericse?
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Does he do this EVERY day, or just this one particular day?
  • FearOfFrying
    Options
    for exericse?

No, nothing to do with exercise
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    does the lift go all the way up?
  • FearOfFrying
    Options
    Does he do this EVERY day, or just this one particular day?

Everyday
  • FearOfFrying
    Options

Yes, nothing wrong with the lift.......he gets in it on his floor on the way down
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Is he apart of MFP and trying to get his cals burned at the last minute....i mean since he is a man:wink: naturally he would procrastinate to the last minute.
  • FearOfFrying
    Options
    Is he apart of MFP and trying to get his cals burned at the last minute....i mean since he is a man:wink: naturally he would procrastinate to the last minute.

Lol, no, nothing to do with calories or exercise
  • JEK717
    Options

Lol, no, nothing to do with calories or exercise

Oh darn!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

Yes, nothing wrong with the lift.......he gets in it on his floor on the way down

I have been in hotels where the elevator can go only so high. You must change elevators to access the higher floors.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    tell me...what does this man look like?
  • FearOfFrying
    Options
    Hint; he doesn't
    want to do this, he has to
  • JEK717
    Options

I have been in hotels where the elevator can go only so high. You must change elevators to access the higher floors.

Oh yeah...duh i should have known that...the one i worked at...it was funky....you had to go up one way and down the other.....weird!
  • FearOfFrying
    Options
    tell me...what does this man look like?

You have to find out, if you want to know