Calling all musicians

Options
Jon_Rod
Jon_Rod Posts: 158
Hey all,

I thought it would be fun to see what type of musicians are on here.

You can list what instrument you play or what type of vocalist you are. I'll start:

I play the Piano/Jazz/Rnb/Reggae (i play by ear)

I sing RnB and Gospel/ I am also a shower singer ahhahahahaha:laugh: :laugh:

So what do you play or what is your style of sing?????

Replies

• TaekwondoRobbie
    Options
    Hey Jon :

I play guitar and bass. I love playing the blues. But I play gospel and christian contemporary as well. I own two gutiars now. A
    Washburn Nuno Bettencourt signature N2, and a Walden electric accoustc. Plus I have a Marshall amp, a Peavy, a Line 6 and
    effects rack.

Love to rock out and jam with buddies .

Rob
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Undergraduate Degree in Choral Music Education, with Jazz, Voice and Guitar (Acoustic and Electric) as primary instruments.

Also play Drums/Percussion, Saxaphone, Flute, Piano, Violin and Trumpet.

HAve sung in Classical choirs for 20+ years along with several forays into Musical Theatre.

Currently sing primarily classic rock tunes in conjuction with whatever I'm playing on the Acoustic or at the Piano.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Flute (concert), trombone, trumpet, baritone/euphonium, oboe, french horn, bassoon and tuba through school years. Still play flute, tin whistle and native american drone flut with my band as well as hand drums (multiple styles to include djembe and doumbek)

For vocal, I am an alto and will sing just about anything given the opportunity ... LOL
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've studied classical piano and voice most of my life. Participated in various choirs since I was teeny tiny. Just love it!! Nowadays I'm hanging out with my creative genius and jazz master boyfirend :smokin: so I've been dabbling with more "relaxed" styles. We actually have an informal gig this Saturday, and I'm a bit nervous, because it's not the usual setting I'm used to performing in! I'm a soprano. I am also learning to play the accordion, (my boyfriend randomly surprised me with one our first Christmas together) and that's been a wild ride so far!
  • rachelowow
    rachelowow Posts: 47
    Options
    Hey!! I play the drums on rockband lol.. hoping to learn for real someday.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • katihamlin
    katihamlin Posts: 41
    Options
    Undergraduate degree in Piano Performance.
    Masters degree in Music Theory
    Heading to PhD in Music Theory this fall!

I play clarinet, guitar and love love love to sing (soprano or alto, which ever is needed). I also dabble in percussion and other wind instruments, but piano is my first love :)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    guitar player here.
    Rarely pick it up anymore.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I sing Contemporary Christian/Spanish also. I can play the tamborine pretty well:happy:
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Guitar - Bass - Triangle

Blues/flamenco fustion with guitar, Metal and Punk on Bass, and Thrash Metal and Grindcore on Triangle
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options
    Wow.... everyone, this is amazing!!!!!:drinker: :smokin:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Vocals, guitar and infrequent bass.....I have three schecters, one is a C-1 classic, the damien elite FR, and the omen 6 as a backup....playing through a peavey valveking 212 with a pod xt live for any/all sound effects. Fronted two original bands as lead singer/rhythm guitarist, also have done leads on occasion for cover bands, but am taking a short break from the music scene
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    :heart: Music :heart:

I've played flute for years, drums, and some air guitar. :wink:

I can sing alto or soprano and tend to like being more on the soprano side... but I love to sing, and sing anywhere and everywhere I can...and my friend who is also a singer and I can't help but harmonize to every damn song on the radio...
  • Delboy1961
    Delboy1961 Posts: 26
    Options
    saxophone..................played for 3 years , self taught.I now play in a band but would not call myself a musician yet
  • Delboy1961
    Delboy1961 Posts: 26
    Options
    double post
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I am a professional singer (Classic Rock to Jazz) with a background in Theater. I play the Keyboards/Piano and have a guitar, that sadly gets no love....
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I play flute and piccolo. Band and symphony orchestra as well as soloing (usually with piano accompaniment, though I've done it with full orchestra too). I've even played jazz flute ... that's FUN.
    My favorites, I think, are the good old classics. LOVE playing Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, etc.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I play flute and piccolo. Band and symphony orchestra as well as soloing (usually with piano accompaniment, though I've done it with full orchestra too). I've even played jazz flute ... that's FUN.
    My favorites, I think, are the good old classics. LOVE playing Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, etc.

Ahh yes the piccolo...I miss playing that....and I also love playing the classics.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I learnt the cello when I was a kid for years but gave up as I wasn't very good compared to my peers.

Now I play the guitar, badly and sing worse.

My kids as pretty talented, my daughter plays the flute and the guitar, my don the guitar and the trombone. Both are in a couple of choirs as well.
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I play guitar, keyboards, write songs lyrics/music and sing lead vocals in 2 different cover bands locally and 1 band that does originals.