Calling all musicians

Options

Replies

• Utefootball2010
    Options
    What up Jon!?!

I sing anything from R&B to Reggae... I also play the Ukulele and make my own cover's of songs that are in now... :)

Much love,
    Lisiate
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I am a coloratura soprano. Trained in opera, though I have also done session singing for dance tracks. I am currently doing mostly choral singing as opera and small children don't mix.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Lots of music geeks! Cool! I play clarinet and bass guitar. I played upright bass in an orchestra for 8 years, but I don't play anymore. I'd love to take it up again, but I can't afford one.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Guitar, bass, vocals, some songwriting. I play Americana solo and I also play in a contemporary Christian band.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Yeah....i just....play piano....nothin special:)
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    In HS I played Bass Clarinet in Concert band, Tenor Saxaphone in Marching band and Baritone Saxaphone in Jazz band, but I haven't touched any of them since my first year of college.

Now I play Ukulele with a local group and for fun in the yard.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I play the piano but my music theory is terrible! I need someone to teach me!

I also played a bit of the guitar in the past but piano is my main love.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I play the radio. :laugh:

Seriously, I play piano for church occasionally - don't practice nearly as much as I should. I sing alto - duets with my husband or daughter, mostly.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I sing whatever I am in the mood to sing... lol. I quit doing it after I had my kids tho... now I am an in-the-shower singer!

I sound best singing pop music... or nice slow jazz like nora jones... :)
  • Victorian131
    Victorian131 Posts: 130
    Options
    I play the flute, cello, sax and a bit of guitar, I've played in swing and jazz bands, I also sing in a choir at university, nothing professional and all for fun as Im self taught on most of my instruments. My main musical love is folk and metal. Big mix there I know. Jack of all trades master of none I guess, but music pretty much takes up all my free time and I love that :)
    Its great to see so many musicians here! Its always great to meant like-minded people.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I was privately trained for many years in classical, jazz, and flamenco guitar. Obviously, I can also play other genres as well, but they arent as fun for me (I mainly play sheet music). :wink:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I play bass and guitar.

I have a little acoustic gig with one of my best friends.
    I write the lyrics, sing, and play guitar.
    He writes the music, sings when we do duets, and writes the music.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i like this topic!

I just finished my undergrad at U Michigan with a bachelor's in music in oboe performance (but i also play (and prefer) the english horn).

I'll be starting my masters at CCM in september!

I also play the piano, but casually.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    i like this topic!

I just finished my undergrad at U Michigan with a bachelor's in music in oboe performance (but i also play (and prefer) the english horn).

I'll be starting my masters at CCM in september!

I also play the piano, but casually.

Oooh, I love the sound of the English Horn!! We played New World Symphony last spring, and I get all melty over the English Horn part in the 2nd movement.

Is it really true that a lot of people can't tell the difference in sound between English Horn and oboe?
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I play acoustic guitar, I taught myself. I just play songs I like plus a few I've written

I sometimes play at a local jam session on Sunday afternoons but everyone there is so good I get embarrassed to play infront of them.

I'm not really a singer....
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Choral singer, occasional solo in church, just love singing! Some piano--love music theory too
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Baritone here
  • poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Shower singer here
  • Find_Me_Again
    Find_Me_Again Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I sing in the car.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Ukulele, have 2 Soprano and concert (electric acoustic), and Guitar, 2 as well (one electric one acoustic). I play anything from the Beatles to Tom Petty, to Vampire Weekend to Kodaline, to Pink Floyd to Vance Joy, etc.