chobani or danon light and fit?

Options
just wondering which one is healthier. chobani has more calories than danon, but less sugar. I eat plain chobani for breakfast every day, but for an after dinner snack if I'm hungry should I be reaching for the danon because of the lower amount of calories? people have told me that chobani is healthier, but I just don't understand why when it has 100 calories and danon has 80! thanks everyone :)

chobani: 100 cals, 7 carbs, 0 fat
danon: 80 cals, 15 carbs, 0 fat

Replies

• SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    maybe it doesn't have aspartame in the chobani? that's not so good for you :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I prefer Chobani. :)

The pineapple is pretty amazing. <3
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Chobani has more protein, a lot more protein, 18 grams versus 3 in Dannon. I like to mix plain greek yogurt with berries. It is very tasty. I think Chobani is healthier
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Chobani also has more protein.
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It depends your personal definition of "healthy" is healthy less calories or less artificial ingredients?

Personally I love my some Chobani or Fage yogurt. Will never go back to Yoplait, Dannon etc.

HTH :smile:
  • kmb2522
    kmb2522 Posts: 48
    Options
    Chobani. Dannon light and fit is filled with fake sugar and chemicals thats why its less calories. i would rather eat a little of the real stuff then more of the fake stuff but thats just me
  • kmb2522
    kmb2522 Posts: 48
    Options
    Chobani. Dannon light and fit is filled with fake sugar and chemicals thats why its less calories. i would rather eat a little of the real stuff then more of the fake stuff but thats just me
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Chobani has way more protein and is much creamier. It's worth the calories.
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It depends your personal definition of "healthy" is healthy less calories or less artificial ingredients?

Personally I love my some Chobani or Fage yogurt. Will never go back to Yoplait, Dannon etc.

HTH :smile:

Holy typos!! To many kids sitting on my lap.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I use Dannon plain as my starter to make my own. It's the best. and SOOO much cheaper and more environmentally friendly than buying all those little containers.

When you make your own yogurt you can control how sour it gets so you can just use a very small drizzle of honey or some crushed up fruit. SO GOOD. Nothing like the store bought stuff.
  • rice161
    rice161 Posts: 59
    Options
    The Chobani is healthier, having more to do with the lower sugar and higher protein while still being low in calories. You're going to feel full longer with Chobani than with Dannon so I eat Chobani most mornings!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Some yogurts have HFC, so read the ingredient list not just the nutirtion facts.
  • jgkimo
    jgkimo Posts: 61
    Options
    Go Greek. Chobani is the best out of all the greek yogurt. Greek yogurt typically contains lower sugar, higher protein (which is a huge plus) and higher amounts of probiotics than other yogurts.
  • AngiMoss
    AngiMoss Posts: 77
    Options
    chobani: 100 cals, 7 carbs, 0 fat
    danon: 80 cals, 15 carbs, 0 fat

There are other factors that people might be taking into account for that you are not when they say "healthier".
    Chobani has 18gms or protein (which helps keep you feeling full). Danon has 5gms. Danon has more sugar...and more carbs which some people pay very close attention to.

In the end, neither one is a bad choice. Much better than reaching for a bag of chips. You might get more out of Chobani (as far as feeling satisfied) but if you are just looking for a little taste of something in the evening than it probably doesn't matter too much.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Hell, Chobani tastes better, has better ingredients, and has that protein that I need to keep my macros in line...

WAR Chobani!!! (in my best Jim Rome voice)
  • theresalizotte
    Options
    I switched to chobani quite some time ago. I like it because it is organic and in the six ounce container it is 140 calories and has 14 grams of protein. Protein helps you to burn fat. I love the pineapple it is so good. I hope I was helpful.
  • cdalt24
    cdalt24 Posts: 55
    Options
    ah wow! never expected this many responses, you guys are awesome thank you!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Love Chobani.. mango is my fave, raspberry a close second!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Love the Black Cherry Chobani. Love that I get so much protein from 140 -150 calories of something I consider a dessert!!!

I, like others, will never go back to Dannon Light and Fit --- the extra calories are so worth it!
  • georgiajuly
    georgiajuly Posts: 126
    Options
    Chobani if I can afford the calories, Dannon or homemade with fruit if I can't. Sorry, I gotta Splenda the plain. Don't think I could meet my goals without yogurt.