chobani or danon light and fit?

Options
2»

Replies

• lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Love Chobani.. mango is my fave, raspberry a close second!

Mango! I've never seen the mango flavor! Want! Strawberry is my favorite - if I find mango I have a feeling it will become a new favorite.
  • johnlafitte
    Options
    Not sure where the numbers above came from. This is an old thread, so maybe they changed but these are the two you have to compare:

http://www.lightandfit.com/light-yogurt/light-and-fit-greek/blueberry

http://www.chobani.com/products/fruit-on-the-bottom#blackberry

Dannon is the same amount of protein, but a bit more cholesterol and a lot less calories, carbs, etc. Dannon doesn't contain aspartame, it uses sucralose (Splenda) and ace-k.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Not sure where the numbers above came from. This is an old thread, so maybe they changed but these are the two you have to compare:

Dannon is the same amount of protein, but a bit more cholesterol and a lot less calories, carbs, etc. Dannon doesn't contain aspartame, it uses sucralose (Splenda) and ace-k.

I don't know if they made Light & Fit Greek when this original post was created. Isn't that a newer product?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I don't know if they made Light & Fit Greek when this original post was created. Isn't that a newer product?

I don't know either but as I was reading I was like WTH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have chobani in my fridge and Dannon Fit and light greek...the Dannon is 100x better..I even drive state side to get it...

They don't have Fage in the stores so Dannon will do...but the chobani...ick...even my husband wont eat it. and he eats everything.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    of the two, I would chose Chobani. However, Fage is my favorite.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I find the Dannon greek thicker than chobani...texture thing for me...

I can't get Fage in the town where I have to go ...I live in Canada and can go state side but none of the stores carry it...:sad:

I have heard it's the best.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Chobani has more protein, a lot more protein, 18 grams versus 3 in Dannon. I like to mix plain greek yogurt with berries. It is very tasty. I think Chobani is healthier

My Dannon Light n Fit 80 calories has 12 grams of protein. I like both brands, and buy whichever one is on sale. I don't think it's worth obsessing over 20 calories one way or the other.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I prefer Fage yogurt.
  • marycatherine000
    Options
    Try Skyr! Icelandic yogurt (some consider it cheese). It takes more milk to make than Greek so it is higher in protein and calcium. It's much denser and the same amount of calories or less. Siggis is a good brand. Smari is my favorite. http://smariorganics.com/

You can get it at the fresh market or whole foods if you have one near. It is soooo delicious.

For Greek I prefer Chobani. I've never had Dannon, but I try not to eat artificial ingredients.
  • orgoonian
    orgoonian Posts: 2
    Options
    Just a heads up,Chobani uses milk from cows fed with gmo products according to several anti-gmo groups.
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Love Chobani. Dannon tastes like fake sugar. My favorite is the Chobani peach flavor (have it every day for my afternoon snack before working out) but I also love Voskos Greek coconut flavor... it has 160 calories though so I only eat it once or twice a week.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I prefer Zoi plain Greek. Both cheaper and no additives. I can
    add whatever my heart desires. :D
  • ibjent
    ibjent Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I find the Dannon greek thicker than chobani...texture thing for me...

I can't get Fage in the town where I have to go ...I live in Canada and can go state side but none of the stores carry it...:sad:

I have heard it's the best.

I used to work as a grocery store manager and I would order what my customers request... maybe you could ask the manager (dairy manager if it's a large store) to order Fage for you.
  • ibjent
    ibjent Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Chobani is my favorite and Voskos. Dannon Lit N Fit has artificial sweetener in it and for me that is a no.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Go Greek. Chobani is the best out of all the greek yogurt. Greek yogurt typically contains lower sugar, higher protein (which is a huge plus) and higher amounts of probiotics than other yogurts.

Better than Fage - me think not. But I guess its all about taste.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    My actual favorite is my local store-brand Greek Yogurt (HyVee). They have lots of unique flavors and nutrition info matches favorably to the national brands.

I do like Chobani a lot, but find it to be thinner/runnier than most Greek Yogurts - I prefer the thicker stuff (closer to Ricotta Cheese consistency)

Anderson Erickson makes a pretty good one too (that also might be more local) - I especially like their Almond flavor - it tastes (not surprisingly) just like Amaretto. Haven't found that flavor yet in any other brands.

I got some Yoplait 100 cal Greek last time I went because it was on sale. It's all right - if I need to save 30-40 calories once in a while it'll do in a pinch.
  • TudorRose2013
    TudorRose2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to love Chobani until I tried Fage.

1 cup of plain Fage has 130 calories and 23 grams of protein. I defrost a 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries (35 calories) to stir in. Fantastic and very filling.

Trader Joe's also has plain Greek yogurt that's pretty good. 1 cup is 120 calories and 22 grams of protein.
  • brookemart81
    brookemart81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people like Chobani so much. To me it's repulsive. It has this weird sour "off" taste to it- not like the regular greek yogurt tanginess, but like a funky sour milk nastiness. I've tried it a bunch of times but I always end up throwing it out because it tastes like it's gone bad or something.

Fage is SO much better- way creamier and better flavor. It's hard to find around here though- a lot of stores have 90% of the yogurt area dedicated to Chobani and like one or two Fage flavors, if that. Target has a bunch though, so I make special trips and stock up.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    just wondering which one is healthier. chobani has more calories than danon, but less sugar. I eat plain chobani for breakfast every day, but for an after dinner snack if I'm hungry should I be reaching for the danon because of the lower amount of calories? people have told me that chobani is healthier, but I just don't understand why when it has 100 calories and danon has 80! thanks everyone :)

chobani: 100 cals, 7 carbs, 0 fat
    danon: 80 cals, 15 carbs, 0 fat

Yogurt is a great source of protein. So I usually opt for Chobani or Fage greek yogurt. They have 13 grams of protein a serving. The extra calories are worth the protein boost. "light' yogurts tend to be less calories because they have been stripped of their nutrients for the sake of saving a few calories. I avoid the light yogurts for this fact and also because the artificial sweeteners in them taste gross to me.