At goal weight...now what? with Pics.

Options
13»

Replies

• marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look great! I definitely look at you and think "I wanna look like that"

You gotta love yourself no matter where on the journey you are, though. That's not something anyone can teach usually. It can be a daily effort of pushing down the negative thoughts and just enjoying being you!

I wish you all the luck and congratulations on all the weight loss! Thanks for posting, I get really inspired when I see results like yours :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic, personally. :smile:

But don't get too intimidated by weights or machines. My main strength training is from the EA Sports Active 2 game, using just 5# weights, four times a week, and I'm seeing muscle definition where I had none. It doesn't take all that much to get results, and you will get them.
  • AmyKessler
    AmyKessler Posts: 15
    Options
    I felt the same way about the machines. I still do. I take a weights class (like Body Pump) 2x per week at the gym and have seen amazing results. You can also try doing some squats, lunges, push-up type exercises at home until you feel comfortable trying something out at the gym.
  • chile_chicken
    chile_chicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I feel like I have been in a rut with watching what I eat and doing cardio, and yes it has worked wonderfully in dropping the weight but I am ready for that next step. I will definetely look into some of your suggestions about Yoga, and my husband bought me the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred this morning (he is so supportive!) so I am keen to give that a go too.

I never thought I would be like this after having two major hip surgeries at such an early age (11 and 13) and being told I could never walk, run, have babies etc. I love to prove people wrong and so I will continue on my journey and get toned up! MFP is such an amazing support and you are all wonderful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!