(Pics) Loose belly skin. Has anyone looked like this and tig

mcneelymama
mcneelymama Posts: 42
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
So my belly looks ok when I am standing up but when I sit down, it hangs over my jeans. Has anyone looked similar to me and was able to tighten it?

12wpp.jpg
IMG_0815.jpg

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    Mine is worse and I'm hoping to change it...I'm interested in others experiences. Someone please tell me that exercise will help me! I'm not positive if mine is skin or fat, or both, but I want it to go away.
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    I really hope someone answers this!! I have the same problem!! I have had four beautiful children and believe me I am glad I had them but I want the belly gone!!

Michelle
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    How many months post partum are you? Im thinking if you just keep up what your doing with exercise and diet, then it will get tighter. Just takes time. It took 9 months to get that way, may take 9 months to go away!
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    10,000 crunches a day? or how ever many you can handle :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Mine is like that with added caesarean and appendectomy scars, and no, nothing has worked so far!
  • Yes i did and mine was much worse:0( i couldnt tighten it up and there was too much after losing 12stone so my doctor put me in for a tummytuck under the nhs!Now i have a much flatter tummy its still not perfect but is so much better more liveable lol
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    One word, Baby!

My youngest daughter went from 214 lbs. to 135. She had the same issues. I'm a bad parent!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    im right there with you but mine is like a pack of hot dogs!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    How many months post partum are you? Im thinking if you just keep up what your doing with exercise and diet, then it will get tighter. Just takes time. It took 9 months to get that way, may take 9 months to go away!
    My kids are 3 and 1.5 y/o and mine still looks like that sitting down.
  • Nataliethin81
    Nataliethin81 Posts: 315
    I was talking to my trainer about this the other day and he said that the only way to fix the loose skin problem is a tummy tuck, unfortunately. I don't have it quite as bad but I definitely have it. I do abs almost everyday and have very strong abdominal muscles but that skin is still there so you can't see the muscles. I will definitely be getting a tummy tuck in the near future.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Mine are 3 and 5 and mine still looks like that.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    So my belly looks ok when I am standing up but when I sit down, it hangs over my jeans. Has anyone looked similar to me and was able to tighten it?

12wpp.jpg
    IMG_0815.jpg

I had a tummy tuck 3 years ago and mine still does that when i sit down. you just learn to live with it.
  • mcneelymama
    mcneelymama Posts: 42
    Awwwww no good stories yet. I am 3 months PP.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    If it doesn't tighten up on it's own then it probably won't. I think the only answer is a tummy tuck :(
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    My twins are 3.5 and my belly isn't great.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    I'm the mother of 2 boys (12 and 5) and my stomach looks almost identical to your top picture. I am 5'6" and 130 pounds and have been doing at least a half hour of cardio 5 days a week for almost 2 years. Though I've lost 20 pounds and my stomach has shrunk down, it still looks all wrinkled up. I am convinced I'm one of the unlucky women who's skin just does not recover from the pregnancy stretch.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Compared to mine you look good....it's to be expected when in muy case I gave birth to 6 babies. I noticed that it will get better up to a point....then the only thing that will make it better is a tummy tuck
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    It took 9months for that belly to stretch and give for baby it will not jump back in a couple of months. I say its doable I have seen many pics. and I have seen mine shrink very slowly (my daughter will be two wednesday) but then again I just started here about 1yr ago. Sorry I dont have shirtless pics from before I didnt like any of it and didnt like to take pics. I have one pic only from before and its in my profile (feel free to check it out if you want). Im still not where I want to be but my belly is shrinking slowly and I take it as long as it gets there.

Oh it is recomended to do ab exercises 2-3 times a week not daily.
  • litamiller
    litamiller Posts: 2
    Daily massage with vitamin e oil or lotion will help . Part of the problem is scar tissue which can be broken down with this therapy. Don't be too rough though; you just want to get some blood flowing and nurishment into the skin.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    You are not bad that you need a tummy tuck, I did it after having 2 kids 15 months apart, it took, if I could remember correctly close to a year but it was a lot of work. You can do it, just be patient and keep working the abs, hips and the back, ENTIRE core. Pilates helped me. I did however buy a reformer, not use the mat workout. My kids are now almost 15 and 13, while I gained weight last year, when I lost it, it still is not bad. Not easy, not fast, but possible.
This discussion has been closed.