How old is too old to wear a bikini?

Options
13»

Replies

• mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    man I better hurry up with this weight loss so I don't make the too old list....just once I would like to wear something without a skirt to hide the thighs before I croak!
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    Maybe i am too fat for a bikini, but neeever too old ;)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If 61 is too old for a swimsuit then how do 61 year olds swim? Naked.

I better hurry and do PX90 to get in shape for when i'm 61 then!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of this today, as I went shopping in my Happy Bunny t-shirt and purposely ripped denim capris...

It depends on your lifestyle. I'm an artist. I'm supposed to be a little weird. A little quirky. I can get away with stuff that the new Duchess of Cambridge or Michelle Obama should probably not wear. People might judge me for how I dress, but it's not going to affect anything because I'm just an anonymous person. I'm no one's mom, or on the school board, or any other lifestyle where being "respectable" is of utmost importance. No one is going to be embarrassed or scandalized if I wear a miniskirt four years past my expiration date, or if my shirt rides up when I reach something on the top shelf and my tattoo and pierced naval shows. I'm nobody.

And I like it that way.
  • vauleese
    vauleese Posts: 75
    Options
    So apparently when I'm 75 I'm not supposed to want to go swimming? That's just garbage!

Also, I'm 32 years old and WORKING out to get into a 2 piece!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    How silly.

There's "too fat for a bikini" and there's "too skinny for a bikini" but there's definitely no age at which a body cannot look great in a bikini - or anything else.

I say, if you've got it, flaunt it! (I don't have it but I'm determined to get it back :bigsmile:)

P.S. Just noticed this was reported in the Daily Fail - why am I not surprised... *rolls eyes*
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Can I still wear my thong?

Only if you post pictures!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    Interesting article, but utter rubbish IMHO. Great thread though, and lots of funny comments!! This website cracks me up:laugh: :laugh:

This thread has inspired me, though, to go out and get a new wardrobe for the new skinnier me!! Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • dawntillery
    dawntillery Posts: 11
    Options
    I am not near most of these ages, but there are times that some people do look kind of funny in things.
    I still wear mini skirts and if i quit my husband would probably have a FIT and I am 39.
    You can tell when an older lady is trying to wear her daughters blue jeans. Some common sense must be used.
    Now i will be honest i shop with my 21 yr old daughter and we share clothes, jewelery etc, but I also know my limits.
    I like to look nice and feel good. I get MANY compliments on how i dress from guys of all ages.
    It just depends, you can tell when someone dont feel comfy in their clothes. If u look good, feel comfy wear it.
    If people stare -- just say don;t you wish you looked that good.
  • dawntillery
    dawntillery Posts: 11
    Options
    Hmmm... I think it's funny that at my advanced age, I can't wear a miniskirt, but I can bare so much more of my body in a bikini for years to come.

Generally speaking, I always thought if you wore a trend the first time around, it's best to avoid it the second time. Then I saw how good I looked in skinny jeans. :laugh: Now I say, if you feel good in it, wear it with pride.

(This message is brought to you by a nearly 39 year old in a Michael Jackson t-shirt, getting ready to tease her hair and get into a frilly dress for an 80s Prom Party.)
    STILL WEARING MINISKIRTS OF ALL LENGTHS AT 39 MYSELF. heads turn
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! What a wonderful outlook on life.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    When my mom goes to Greece every summer, she always brings her bikinis, she has no other type of bathing suit. She and her sister go to the beach everyday wearing their bikinis and always get compliments or at the very least, no complaints, lol. Oh , did I mention that they are 70 and 73 respectively and both look amazing in them ?

I live in Greece and I'm a guy. It's normal for women of all ages to wear bikinis and nobody seems to care. Like bjerkins said, how are they supposed to go? Naked?

Rileamoyer I like your attitude :smile:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing, I'm too old to give a hoot what anyone thinks.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    How's the saying go?

"In my 20s, I cared what other people thought of me. In my 40s, I stopped caring what other people thought of me. In my 60s, I realized they never were thinking of me." :laugh:

We're our own worst critics. So if we're happy with how we're dressed or how we look, that's all that counts.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    In my 60s, I realized they never were thinking of me." :laugh:
    Oh dear, I'm older than I thought!

I've always thought it was a bit bigheaded of people to be so concerned about what others be thinking of them, my natural reaction is (though I'd never say it) "Why do you think you're important enough that people will care what you look like?" :bigsmile:
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I have two words in response to that article:

Valerie Bertinelli!!!

It's not a matter of chornological age, it's a matter of body age.
  • LTD1853
    LTD1853 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well...I'm 57, I wear a bikini and I'll go ask the 42, 47,and 45 yr old men respectively, that have been wanting to date me how I should continue dressing... Please.....if a woman takes care of herself and feels young, fit, and still looks young...why not enjoy looking elegant and sexy with class,,,I said elegant and sexy with class...