Replies

• embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sounds logical. Unfortunatly for me being perimenopausal I never know if it will be 2,3, 4 or more weeks between.... :ohwell: Guess I stick with the same all the time.

I feel your pain. I'm peri-menopausal too, and now get that dreaded visit every 3 weeks. What is up with that?????
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This actually did work for me. Ate extra calories during my TOM and resumed my normal deficit when finished, dropping both the water weight after and an additional extra. I'm going to try this method again for my next TOM to see if this method continues to work. *fingers crossed*
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh....this is so complicated. Are you saying you are eating more then during TOM and that is helping? I don't understand all of the scientific information. Can you spell it out for me? I am so glad you have figured this out! :)

You got it, actually. I'm eating at a regular 500 cal deficit before I ovulate and then up to maintenance (though I was nervous so I actually went with a 100 cal deficit) between ovulation and TOM (luteal phase).

Phases -
    menstrual phase (menstruation) - obvious {Ate at 500 cal deficit}
    proliferative phase (some sources include menstruation in this phase) - between menstruation and ovulation {Ate at 500 cal deficit}
    ovulatory phase (ovulation, 2 - 3 day time frame) {Ate at 100 cal deficit}
    luteal phase (between ovulation and menstruation) {Ate at 100 cal deficit}

Other sources include more phases, but these are the one's I'm using.

heck YEAH!

I knew I wasn't going crazy! I usually crazy hungry during those times. I will be trying this.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • Valley83
    Valley83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. May have to try the experiment.
  • shadoeprincess
    Options
    bump
  • KCharron20
    KCharron20 Posts: 105
    Options
    Bump! I will definately have to try this. I have the same problem. Thank You for posting this!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    TOM experimenting can be.... messy.
  • RussetBrunnette
    RussetBrunnette Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    Ahhhh....this is so complicated. Are you saying you are eating more then during TOM and that is helping? I don't understand all of the scientific information. Can you spell it out for me? I am so glad you have figured this out! :)

You got it, actually. I'm eating at a regular 500 cal deficit before I ovulate and then up to maintenance (though I was nervous so I actually went with a 100 cal deficit) between ovulation and TOM (luteal phase).

Phases -
    proliferative phase (some sources include menstruation in this phase) - between menstruation and ovulation {Ate at 500 cal deficit}

Thank you so much for the info!!
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is very intriguing to me ....I started TOM yest and literally gained 3 lbs that day. I was sooooo hungry yest but stayed on plan...today im so hungry im way off plan eating too many snacks. Ill have to try to keep tabs on this and try a similar experiment.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • emshair
    emshair Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    interesting!! I've bumped this in case I end up with this problem thanks for the info :)
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Very interesting!!! Way to go!!! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    The infamous TOM strikes again!!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options

Phases -

Mind if I ask you to get slightly more specific? I'm getting confused between net goals, RMR and deficit.

Right now my goals are set to lose 1lb per week, like you. That means I have a 500 calorie deficit. My net calories consumed goal with this weight loss plan is 1450 per day.

If I were modeling my eating plan like yours, would this be how it works out?
    menstrual phase (menstruation) - obvious {Ate at 500 cal deficit -- 1450 calories for me)
    proliferative phase (some sources include menstruation in this phase) - between menstruation and ovulation {1450 calories for me)
    ovulatory phase (ovulation, 2 - 3 day time frame) {1950 calories...or 1850 calories if still eating with 100 calorie deficit}
    luteal phase (between ovulation and menstruation) {1950 calories...or 1850 calories if still eating with 100 calorie deficit}

How scary to go all the way up to 1850 or 1950! But I'm definitely going to try it and see what my results are!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    bump for great justice!
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I love how scientifically you approached the whole thing. Great job in figuring it out!