do you dress up to exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I signed up with curves and i start on Tuesday.. but as the day gets nearer - i have found myself wondering 'what do i wear'?

Its a common girl thing i guess - its supposed to be about the fitness and weight after all but i think i will be more confidant if i have a nice fitness outfit!

What do you all wear?

I bet that this is more common than most people think for both genders.

Its not so much about vanity or wanting to put on a fashion show, but most people don't want to look like a dweeb or scream "I'M A NEWBIE!!" when they go for a work out. And for a lot of people, 'not having something to wear', becomes a source of procrastination when they hit a bump in the road.

One solution to this is to go to walmart or Target and buy yourself 5 days worth of workout clothes in easily matching colors like black, gray or blue and avoid a bunch of trendy items that can make you feel self conscous if your body is perfect.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't "dress up." I wear pretty standard workout clothing, but I do make sure the clothing fits (nothing baggy) and that there are no holes or stains. It's not that I think people are checking me out; I just feel better about myself when I think I look good. BTW, I will never spend $100 on workout pants or $60 on a t-shirt, no matter how "cute" they are or how much money I have to blow.
  • PrincessBTits
    PrincessBTits Posts: 198
    Options
    I spend as little as possible, save for sports bras, because I am just going to have to be smaller workout clothes every few months. It can get really expensive as it is, the idea of shopping at lululemon at the time is ridiculous for me. Maybe once I've reach a maintenance level, but not while I am dropping 100 lbs.