what shoes do you wear to exercise in?

Options
i went to get some shoes yesterday - shopping on a budget!

What i wanted was nike air max as i am used to them but they are soooo pricey!

I settled onasics with gel soles which do seem very comfy but the majority i tried on were very hard. I thought i needed to protect myself from the joults of my fat wobbling about!:laugh:

What do you wear on your feet?

Replies

• glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I wear Asics gel soles too, and they are the best shoes I've owned - especially at my weight!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i wear Nike Airmax Zooms on the treadmill but when i walk outside I wear Asics Gels. The Asics really make my calves hurt and slow me down on the treadmill for some reason, but for outside they are ok. Crazy...:huh:
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    clothes!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Asics gel Kayano. Interestingly, all the other runners I know wear them as well. I don't know a single person who wears nike airs for exercising in.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I wear my Vibram Five Finger shoes. They simulate being barefoot and are more natural. Not cheap though. I think I paid about $100 for them, but that's about what most running shoes go for. :love:
  • philiphirons
    philiphirons Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Asics Gels for me too, a great shoe :)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    new balance something or others. they were under 50 bux..you can get the on brand shoes..you just gotta get last years model dont buy the new ones that just came out they can be over 100 bux
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    New Balance mainly because they do a wide fitting and I have big wide feet.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    brooks!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I use to wear ascis but they are wide at the toe. I have narrow feet. I went to a running store and tried on a lot of shoes and left with some adidas and they are perfect but just as costly.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I like Reebok Runtones.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    my preferences are New balance or Brooks or Asics... asics in australia are ridiculously expensive and are known as being one of the best shoes for your feet.

i know someone who is a podiatrist, and he and both of his kids wear New Balance sneakers every single day i've ever seen them. have never seen either of his kids in anything but their new balance sneakers, even in the middle of summer.... so they obviously are good for your feet.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I like the Nike Air Citius - Luckily they are really cheap at the Nike outlet, so that is always where I go and get and can usually get 2 pairs for under $100.
  • coolkat17
    coolkat17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like the Nike Air Citius - Luckily they are really cheap at the Nike outlet, so that is always where I go and get and can usually get 2 pairs for under $100.

oooogh - do they post to England?
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    I wear Vibram Five Fingers as well. I used to wear regular cushioned gym and running shoes for working out, but using the VFFs have helped me develop better balance, especially in my martial arts class.

They cost as much as your top of the line running shoes, but since there's no cushion to wear out, you can use them for a very long time.
  • MarsMum
    MarsMum Posts: 11
    Options
    I wear New Balance to walk in (I have a bad back and thoes are my Orthopedic shoes - and needless to say, they were pricey!) and I just got some Champions (29.99 at payless Shoes!!!!) to Wii in (they are light and comfortable!)
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I usually wear New Balance sneaks, because I like their philosophies and the neutral grey colors. In the summer, I will wear my Keens (Newport or H2?), because they're sort-of sneakery and they let my feet breathe.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Some cheap pair from Sports Direct, Lonsdales I think. Comfy as hell though.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Converse for lifting (picked up a pair at outlet for $11 last weekend)

Nike for cardio...paid more than $11 for those, but I like the extra support.
  • Logistiks
    Logistiks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Reebok Nano 8, definitely recommend them.