what shoes do you wear to exercise in?

Replies

• allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    I wear my Brooks Running for everything - even Zumba. I had them on in a fitness class this morning and they kept falling off when I did burpees - LOL.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    fteale wrote: »
    Asics gel Kayano. Interestingly, all the other runners I know wear them as well. I don't know a single person who wears nike airs for exercising in.

That's what I wear for running too. Plus I have an older pair I use for walking or circuit training. For heavy lifting I wear Inov-8s for the wider toe box.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    I have a pair of Nike TR6 for crossfit.

I recently picked up a pair Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81's for walking my dog. I also use them for work where I am on my feet all day long. They replaced a pair of La Sportiva Wildcat GTX 2.0 that came highly recommended and were very expensive but totally sucked balls.

I bought the La Sportivas this past spring and, already, I can feel the waffle of the inner sole through the bottom of my feet and they hurt like a bastid even though they seemed quite cushy at the time of purchase. DO NOT RECOMMEND. The Onitsukas were less than half the price and a much better shoe so far. I am concerned about their durability but can afford to buy them fairly frequently at $80 a pop.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    One of these:

30wt40l.jpg

I need an intervention

OMG :smile: You are def my kind of person!! Goals!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited August 2018
    Currently for powerlifting, I have:
    • Nike Romaelos III for squats.
    • Nike Metcons for bench.
    • Sabo Deadlift shoes for deadlifts.
    In my car I still have (for the rare Crossfit class):
    • Reebok Lifters 2.0 for squats/bench.
    • New Balance Minums (not toe shoes) for deadlifts.
    • Acsics for running — 3yrs old and practically new.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    I walk and lift in Nike Huarache (I like them because they look cool, not for any specific reason) and run in Asics (when I can run).

Might get lifting shoes one day but for now plates under the heels do the job.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I run in Nike Frees.
    I lift in Vans, Converse, Adidas.

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I guess it depends.......

aqp0s9n6ljsc.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    One of these:

30wt40l.jpg

I need an intervention

we're of the same tribe
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited August 2018
    For running, usually Mizuno Inspires. I also have Mizuno Catalysts for shorter runs and they also do well in the gym. For heavy lifting, I usually wear retired running shoes. Nike frees also work well for lifting, as long as they aren't too slippery. I do a lot of my cardio at home, esp kickboxing routines, and I don't wear shoes.
    You don't necessarily have to pay a lot for good shoes. My Mizunos retail for ~$120, but I find them for close to half price on Amazon, 6pm.com, or holabird.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Addidas Aerobounce for treadmill. Truth be told, got them very cheap due to sale and codes. No major issues. When I transition to running my 5k's outside, I'll look for something new.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    I wear Mizuno Wave Inspire. Like DancingMoosie said above, they're fairly pricey but I got mine for £20 in some sales because they weren't the latest season (they were the style from 2 seasons ago, the horror!). They're absolutely fab and provide good support for my reasonably flat feet. I use them outdoors mostly and they work well on both pavements and off-road trails. I've worn them in the gym a few times and they worked as well as any trainer.

I think the best thing you can do is look in the sales for previous season styles or stock that shops are trying to budge because you can get some really good bargains on good trainers
  • alandwyer1978
    alandwyer1978 Posts: 1 Member
    One of these:

30wt40l.jpg

I need an intervention

No, you need a yard sale 😀
  • dcdrogers
    dcdrogers Posts: 3 Member
    Nike Air Max Plus. I just purchased a pair of New Balance 990 and they aren't nearly as comfortable. I require more cushion and comfort when I'm working out.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Chucks for lifting
    Cross trainers for cardio
    Very thick soled althetic shoes for spinning
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Sketchers. I have a pair I just wear to the gym. And 2 other pairs I wear to work. They are so comfortable.
  • kittyluvduck
    kittyluvduck Posts: 15 Member
    I used to buy sketchers then they stopped making the shoe I liked so I bought a different style of sketchers and I have never hated a shoe so much in my life. I got a pair of shoes from Aldi $15 and threw the sketchers away.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Barefoot for lifting (at home, would never go barefoot in a gym)
    Newbalance summit for trails/hiking

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Depends on the terrain; Inov-8 RoadClaws for roads, Race Ultra for light trail, TrailTalon for medium trail and MudClaw for wet conditions.

6mh1a99siopl.jpg
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    90% of my exercise is done indoors at home, so I do it barefoot.