40 pounds (18 kg) gone - with pics - and a smile...AGAIN! :-

Replies

• AussieFirebird
    AussieFirebird Posts: 76 Member
    Girl, you have nothing to be ashamed of for posting those older pics - you should be PROUD!!!!!!! You look AMAZING! So throw that "big girl" self consciousness out the window and be the confident, THIN woman you are! You are inspiring to others and I can't wait to get to my goals so I can post my "Success" story as well. Keep up the excellent work !!!!! :):):)

Thank you for your kind words! I find it hard sometimes to be the slim chick! But you know that is all part of the weight loss journey - learning how to love yourself again! I can't wait to read your success story here when you choose to share it! I know you'll do great!
  • AussieFirebird
    Wow you look great!! You inspire me to keep going strong.
    What exercise routine do you do?
    I've lost 40lbs, n I'm probably at your start weight right now.
    What was ur start weight?
    U look awesome!!

If nothing else, that my pics helped someone else to think about things positively makes me extremely happy!!
    I started out just slow walking on the treadmill - in fact, I couldnt go any faster than 5km per hour because I would get sore calves and have to stop. I gradually was able to increase speed, and then length, and then I introduced incline little by little, and finally interval training. I recommend buying and using an HRM - positively the best thing that I could have done for myself!! After about 3 months my body got used to the treadmill (even on an incline of 20 - which is as high as mine goes), so my hubby bought me a X trainer (elliptical) for my birthday last month which has really helped me to rev things up again. Currently I am alternating between that and the treadmill. Any movement is good - but don't forget to keep challenging yourself! If all else fails - get MAD at it!! Works for me! :-)
  • AussieFirebird
    You look so good. I can't believe you were even nervous because you have accomplished SO much, be proud and stand tall girl :)

Thank you so much! Every day I get better! Its not just a body game, but also a head game for me :-)
  • AussieFirebird
    this is amazing - well done! I have just started up again on mfp after a 2 month break and all my 10lbs back on again! I have 40 to lose and would love to know how u did it and how u maintained

Thanks heaps. I'm not in maintenance yet, still losing! Another 7kg to go yet, and then perhaps a bit more depending on how that turns out.

That's the million dollar question - How did I do it? I guess all I can really say is, I got my head in the right place (if that isn't happening for you - the rest wont follow), I decided to put me first, and I GAVE IT HELL! I had friends trying to sabotage me at work even, and you know what - it felt FANTASTIC to beat them! LOL In a word - you need to be DETERMINED, be your own defender - go out there and WIN!! The more wins you have, the more you will want - it's a cycle - and YOU CAN DO IT! :-)
  • AussieFirebird
    You look terrific! I am so happy for you. You definitely look like you have lost more than 40 lbs. So glad you are my buddy on here. 

Julie thank you so much!! If I remember correctly we started around the same time, and I have had nothing but support from you! You've been there for all of my ups and downs, plateus, whinging, laughing - and winning! You are a complete inspiration to me - you NEVER quit, and I LOVE that!! I even visualise you cheering me on when I am kicking that X-Trainer's butt!! THANK YOU girl!! You're a great friend! xxxxx
  • AussieFirebird
    Wow you look great..your very pretty..

And YOU are very sweet! Thank you for making me smile :))
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    wow ! you have done amazing ! well done x
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    You look fantastic Croz...you deserve the look and the admiration we all have for you..you ahve exercised your butt off (literally) - you are always so good and dedicated - Im hoping to be a little more like you from now so I can get to my goal too. Well done again xx
  • ktieman
    ktieman Posts: 45 Member
    You look great. Congratulations. Keep it up!!!!!!
  • Do you mind sharing some of the things that helped with your success( exercise # of days for # of hrs) etc, Thanks.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    Wahoo :drinker:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Incredible; you look AWESOME!!!!! Looks like you've lost way more than 40lbs, great job!
  • patty_cakes1957
    patty_cakes1957 Posts: 10 Member
    You look Amazing, Congratulations. Can you share how you did it.
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Wow!! Such an inspiration! Looking totally amazing! :)
  • That is incredible! You are looking amazing. Keep up the good work.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Great job, you look awesome!!
  • chaobabie
    chaobabie Posts: 64
    you look awesome! keep up the great work.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    great job!!!!!! :-)
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Wow Congrats!!! You give me great motivation!
  • You look great!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!