Round 2--30 Day Shred Challenge (Closed Group)

Options
wanna_be_fit
wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
Okay ladies, time for Round 2! So just as a reminder, we're going to do each level for 10 days over a 2 week time per level, so our total time frame is 6 weeks. Day 1 starts tomorrow 5/23. Here are the dates for the challenge:

Level 1: Monday 5/23 through Sunday 6/5
Level 2: Monday 6/6 through Sunday 6/19
Level 3: Monday 6/20 through Sunday 7/3

I think that Moxleymama, Dayzeerock, tbrown5 and maybe Better_Balance are in for Round 2. Since we are such a small group I think that we can have a couple extra people join if there is interest. So for those of you reading this who weren't part of Round 1, post your interest in joining the group on here, or send me a message. We'll take the first 5 newbies.

Okay, so we can go ahead and post our starting measurements and weight. Don't forget to check in a few times per week to let us know how you're doing, and then we'll post our final measurements and weight at the end of the challenge.

I hope that everyone is ready to rock Round 2!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm psyched to get back to it! My daughter is shredding with me this time. ;)
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Figured I'd go ahead and post my starting measurement and weight for round 2. Actually I'm just using the end measurements and weight from Round 1. :smile:

Measurements at Day 1:
    --Chest: 37.5"
    --Under bust: 32.5"
    --Waist: 30"
    --Lower abs: 33.5"
    --Hips: 37"
    --Thigh: 22.5"
    --Arm: 11"

Weight Day 1: 151.4 (just used my official weigh in weight from the end of last week)

I'm glad that we're allowing some flexibility in the 30 days this time around. I tossed and turned half the night so I couldn't get up this morning to Shred, and I have Physical Therapy this evening, so I may have to skip today. Fortunately we have 14 days to complete the 10 days of each level!!!
  • tbrown5
    tbrown5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am excited to get back into it again! I'll repost my measurements from the end of round 1 (no weight loss this week).

I'll be going to Disney in 2 weeks (during Level 2, darn!) and am not sure how much I'll feel like doing. But I will take the DVD with me in case I feel like it back at the condo.

Good luck everyone!

Hope you get some rest tonight Heather. Between a sick kid and a severe storm, I didn't get much sleep either!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. So I think I am going to bail on round 2 after all. I've just got too much going on. You all have fun though! Good luck!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Day 1 complete! I had my 6 year old tagging along today beside me on one side and my 20 year old on the other. I also hit the elliptical for 30 min. I'll post measurements and weight soon but will probably just cut and paste from the end of the last shred which I can't do on my phone. So, I'll have to wait until I get on the pc.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 1 complete for me! Moxley--that is too cute that you've got your girls working out with you. Wish me 2 year old was able to do that!

I only burned 150 calories this morning with level 1, so I'll definitely need to get the extra cardio in. I've got Zumba tonight, so that should help!!

Hope everyone is doing well. One day closer to the weekend! Ugh, I can't believe I'm already thinking that and it is only Tuesday! It's gonna be a long week.
  • Allie0006
    Allie0006 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I hope I can still join in on this! I haven't been on much lately, I've been going through a very rough time in my relationship so I'd love to get my mind off of things and focus on me :) I am back on track now!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I hope I can still join in on this! I haven't been on much lately, I've been going through a very rough time in my relationship so I'd love to get my mind off of things and focus on me :) I am back on track now!!!

Welcome back Allie! Sorry to hear that you're going through a rough patch but we're happy you're back here with us and on track!!
  • Kera885
    Kera885 Posts: 59
    Options
    My measurements before starting are:

Chest: 40
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 45
    Weight: 172

Hopefully the shred will help with some of those inches lol, I know it's late but I'm about to start the first workout of level 1. Good luck to everyone!
  • tbrown5
    tbrown5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Monday we had no electricity but I shredded yesterday. Level 1 is going much better after being through all the levels, no modifications except push-ups, I tend to lose good form when I do the boy kind.

Hope everyone is doing well! Keep it up!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 2 complete for me today. I agree, Tiff, that Level 1 is easier this time. I too am opting to do the modified pushups. I can do the boy kind but my form isn't great. I was hoping to get on the elliptical this morning, but had to be to work at 6:45 this morning so I just didn't have time. And I have meetings until 7:30pm tonight, so not gonna happen when I go home either. :( Maybe tomorrow morning!!

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 3 complete for me, plus an extra 15 minutes on the elliptical (finally!). Total calorie burn of 354. I knew that I had to get a little extra burn in since the parents are coming to town tonight, and I know there will be at least 1 or 2 glasses of wine. :)

Looking forward to the long weekend but unfortunately I'm on call so I'll have to work about a half day. Blech! Oh well, at least it's not a full day! I'll do Day 4 and 5 on Friday and Saturday.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Day 5 complete! My daughter has been with me every day. I did 30 girl pushups today with good form. I've moved up to 8 l.lb Weights on many of the exercises (except anterior raises..stil need 3, & shoulders...5 lb.)

My cardio today was taking my kids to park Quest and then a 20 min. Walk with my 9 & 17 year olds.
    Hope everyone's Memorial Day weekend is safe, fun and healthy!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I wimped out on Friday--I haven't been sleeping well lately and just couldn't force myself to get up at 5;00a.m. I did complete Day 4 today, plus 40 minutes on the elliptical for a total calorie burn of over 620. Moxleymama--I'm so happy your daughter is doing this with you. What a great bonding experience.

Better run, gotta sign some records then off to bed! Happy Saturday everyone!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    I'm pretty upset! I injured myself yesterday hiking on the Appalachian Trail with my son. We were only about a mile in when I felt something pop in my calf. Luckily, we had just passed a place where a road crosses the trail. Then went and got the car to pick me up. I did rest, ice, compression, and elevation all evening but this morning it still hurts.
    I'm so mad that I've been working so hard and now this happens. And so scared that Im going to gain because of the injury!
    I'll try to keep doing what I can of the shred (punches, crunches, etc.) but I won't be able to do most of the cardio moves. Argg!! I'm so bummed!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 5 complete for me! Plus I did 35 minutes on the elliptical. Moxleymama--I'm so sorry to hear about your injury!!! I hope that you heal quickly.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Modified Day 6 - Complete! I did all the cardio with punches hold 2 lb weights and alternating thigh lifts. Couldn't do the squats or lunges so I just did upper body for those. I did work up a sweat but I'm not going to log the exercise because I'm sure I didn't burn the amount of calories MFP would give me. Have a great Memorial day!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 6 complete, plus 45 minutes on the elliptical. Off to go do some yard work. Happy Memorial Day!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 7 complete! Also have a Zumba class tonight--yaaaaay!!! Can I just say how much I LOVE Zumba?!! It is so fun and I alway burn 500-600 calories.

Only 3 more days of Level 1 for me and then on to Level 2--not so fun! I do really like how much stronger I'm feeling.

Seems that we've lost some folks. Is it just you and me, Moxleymama??
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    I'm still here! Punching my way through the cardio but I've come too far to give up now!