Round 2--30 Day Shred Challenge (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    So I slacked on the Shred yesterday morning because I stayed up too late after Zumba Tuesday night and was sooooo tired Wednesday morning, then had Physical Therapy and didn't have time to get the Shred in. This morning I was fully planning on Shredding but I got down to my gym and one of my 5 pound weights was missing! I can do the 8 pound weights for some of the moves but not all of them--especially those darn side lunges with front raises. So I just did 45 minutes on the elliptical instead. I was planning to do the Shred tonight when I get home, but I am starving so I don't think that's gonna happen! Oh well--looks like I'll have to finish Level 1 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    We shredded today before we left for Park Quest at the beach. I look like a spider that has been flipped on it's back when I do my modified cardio but its all good. I work up a sweat and I'm still doing all the strength except lunges.

Hope your plan for Fri, Sat & Sun Shreds works out!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Way to improvise with the cardio! I hope your injury heals soon. Is it feeling any better?

I did Day 8 yesterday and Day 9 this morning. One more day of Level 1 and then we're on to the dreaded level 2!!! I think I'll take Monday off, so planning to do Level 2 Tues through Sat.

I wonder where our fellow shredders are. Hopefully everyone is okay!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 10 of Level 1 completed this morning. Plus I worked out in the yard from 9:00 am until about 5pm, digging, hoeing, shoveling mulch, planting flowers, etc. I am exhausted, but my yard looks fabulous! Definitely taking tomorrow off from working out!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    We continued with Lev 1 yesterday and today and will begin Lev 2 tomorrow!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I was planning to do Day 1 of Level 2 this morning, but I am still just exhausted from killing myself this weekend!!! I have Zumba tonight, so I won't get a chance to Shred today. My new plan is to do Level 2 on Wed, Th, Fr, Sa, Su and then take Monday off and do days 6-10 of Level 2 on the following Tu, Wed, Th, Fr, Saturday so that I can take Sunday off before starting Level 3 the following Monday. Hopefully I can stick to that plan!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I had Zumba last night which means not getting home until 8:45 and I usually have some difficulty falling asleep. I didn't feel like getting up at 5:30 this morning......but I DID IT!!! Yay me! So Day 1 of Level 2 is officially complete, and it isn't quite as bad as I remember, but definitely NOT a piece of cake. I had forgotten how much I despise the chair squats with anterior raises. Ouch!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 2 Level 2 done! Day 3 here I come!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Okay, so Day 3 didn't happen quite like I had hoped for today. My 2 year old woke absolutely SCREAMING at 2:00a.m. and hubby couldn't console her so he let her come in our bed (we NEVER do that!). She didn't fall asleep until about 4:00am (therefore neither did I!) so there was no way I could get up at 5:15 this morning to Shred. I have to work all day, and then we have graduation for my residents tonight from 6-8. Definitely not gonna have time to Shred today. :grumble: So looks like Day 3 will be postponed until tomorrow, and I'll basically have to go straight through to next weekend in order to finish in time for the start of Level 3. Some day maybe the stars will all align and my plans will actually work out!!!!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    We're behind on Level 2 also. At the end of next week maybe we should reassess and see if we need more time in Level 2. It's a killer! All those planks!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 2 complete today, plus 35 minutes on the elliptical, and about 5 hours of yardwork shoveling mulch and moving railroad ties--lots of fun!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    We're behind on Level 2 also. At the end of next week maybe we should reassess and see if we need more time in Level 2. It's a killer! All those planks!

I definitely agree--I think that it's fine to extend by a few days to a week if needed to complete everything. I didn't Shred this morning because I knew I had about 6 hours of digging, hoeing, shoveling and spreading mulch, and moving dirt--and I am BEAT, but my yard is starting to look good! Planning for Day 4 of Level 2 tomorrow!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Okay, Day 4 of Level 2 finally completed! I was SOOOO sore from all the yardwork I did this past weekend that I was out of commission for workouts on Monday and Tuesday. I'm back in the game now, though!

I was hoping to finish this round of the Shred before 4th of July weekend because I'll be out of town, but it's not gonna happen! I'll finish up the week after the 4th instead.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    This is the First day I've been able to shred since last Thursday. Argg! I really need to get my butt in gear.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    This is the First day I've been able to shred since last Thursday. Argg! I really need to get my butt in gear.

Just get back at it, you can do it! I'm impressed that you're sticking with it despite your injuries!

Day 5 of Level 2 complete for me today. I did not want to get up this morning, I was so tired, but I did it anyway! I really can't wait until this week is over. We have been super busy finishing up our screened in porch and deck before we have a big party at our house this Saturday. I'm looking forward to Sunday and sleeping in!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 6 of Level 2 complete, YAAAAAY!!! Only 4 more days until Level 3 which I actually enjoy more than Level 2. Moxleymama, I know you're still getting it with the modified cardio bits. You will be the boxing queen!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Wow, I've taken a huge break from this! I have Zumba tonight so I didn't shred this morning. Looks like Level 2 Day 7 will be tomorrow, and I'll keep going and finish our level 2 on Saturday so I can rest on Sunday before starting level 3.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Today was Day 7 of Level 2, plus I did a 1 mile run this morning to test out the hip. I'm getting kind of tired of Level 2 and looking forward to Level 3.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Did Level 2 today. I haven't been consistent this go round and am trying to get back on track.