New puppy!

Options

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I still think she looks like our Boxer mix pup......Fiona is just precious!!!!!!
    She could be :-D
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    She's a cutie! Love those eyes! Congratz, puppies are so fun! ^..^
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Webbed feet could be lab. We have a half lab half boxer - and the face shape is very similar (ours is brindle though).
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    here is a somewhat side view :-D
    2011-05-17_18-20-52_420.jpg
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Webbed feet could be lab. We have a half lab half boxer - and the face shape is very similar (ours is brindle though).
    I agree that the webbed feet could be from a lab. I was speaking generally when I said a retrieving dog of some sort- lab being part of that group.
    hmmm soo many possibilities!
  • afordham
    afordham Posts: 22
    Options
    Very pretty puppy! It kind of looks a little like a pitbull in the face..and boxer..but she's super cute!! I love dogs!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Suffering cats, that's one cute puppy!!! :love:
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    husky pit mix? LOL and i have both so good luck to you and yes she will always keep you on your toes mine are 110% trouble hehehe
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Today at her play date. :-D Big ol' baby! She has something BIGGER in her for sure.
    fionaatmymoms.jpg
  • waterfallaus
    Options
    I would NOT do the test as I know many people who have purebreds that have done them and been told off the wall different kind of breeds. I believe I read somewhere it is a scam for money. I would certainly look into it better if I was you before doing it. It really doesn't matter what breed she is does it?
    It doesn't really matter what breed she is to train her. In one breed alone the dogs are so different to train. I have 5 australian Shepherd puppies right now that are 5 months and 6 months and trust me they are all very very different and their sire is the same dog.
    It's a matter of figuring out what works for you and the dog.
    I say Pit/boxer/ and... that may really be it!
    She is cute and the name fits very very well!!
    Have fun!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new little one! I absolutely adore dogs. I am going to be a part of a pet assisted therapy team in a few years (after I finish school) Dogs are such great friends! :0)
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I would NOT do the test as I know many people who have purebreds that have done them and been told off the wall different kind of breeds. I believe I read somewhere it is a scam for money. I would certainly look into it better if I was you before doing it. It really doesn't matter what breed she is does it?
    It doesn't really matter what breed she is to train her. In one breed alone the dogs are so different to train. I have 5 australian Shepherd puppies right now that are 5 months and 6 months and trust me they are all very very different and their sire is the same dog.
    It's a matter of figuring out what works for you and the dog.
    I say Pit/boxer/ and... that may really be it!
    She is cute and the name fits very very well!!
    Have fun!
    I am not planning on doing the mouth swab kit myself. We are looking into the actual DNA test at the vet. And it will of course say many things because dogs all kind of came from somewhere down the line they are some how related. But with the blood test they can test with more detail and pick out the most prominent breeds. It is mostly for my curiosity...
    Also, she must be something more than boxer/pit although I see it as well. But she has very large paws that are significantly webbed..... neither boxers or pits have webbed paws, so there is something else somewhere. It doesn't REALLY "matter" and she won't be raised differently, but it would be fun to find out. That's all.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Congrats on the new little one! I absolutely adore dogs. I am going to be a part of a pet assisted therapy team in a few years (after I finish school) Dogs are such great friends! :0)
    That is really awesome. Dogs really are great friends :-D I know both my dogs make me feel better when I get snuggles and kisses. They are magic! ;)
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Cute!!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    She's adorable! I would say she's pitt/field trial lab mix :) Field Trial labs are huge dogs lol
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    have to agree with everyone else...definetly some Pitt in there. She is beautiful. Looks like my boy when he was a pup.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    she is now 12 weeks and 21lbs! :) seriously thinking american bulldog/mastiff. she is looking more and more mastiff in the neck.and profile everyday! :)
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    OMG that is one of the cutest puppy's i have ever seen! I love her eyes!!! So bright and bold!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Thanks! I think She is pretty cute too! I think being cute saves her sometimes! HAHA
    Here are a couple from yesterday....
    She has grown soooo fast!

2011-05-28_15-08-03_747.jpg
    2011-05-28_12-43-45_225-1.jpg
    2011-05-28_15-07-38_185-1.jpg
  • mred93
    mred93 Posts: 100
    Options
    She looks just like my pup!