Joplin, Missouri Tornado and MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    The Joplin Globe has begun to publish obituaries for the 142 people killed in the tornado last Sunday. It is one thing to read a number but quite another to read names and the stories of the lives that went with them. Especially heart breaking to read of a father who was found along with his young son and daughter clutched in his arms under a collapsed wall at a big box store leaving a wife and mom alone to grieve and cope. I had to stop reading there, my own tears making it impossible to see the computer screen.God bless us all.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I live in Joplin. We are so lucky the tornado missed us by 3 blocks! I can see a couple streets down there are parts of roofs missing and another couple streets from there... piles of rubble. I was at my mother-in-laws house when it hit... windows gone, trees in the yard, my car is effed up, but we are alive!

Thank you for the continued support of Joplin! We have a long way to go to rebuild.. so much is just gone. It doesn't even look like Joplin anymore.
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump