FireRunners (closed C25K group) week of 5/23 :)

Options
HaleyAlli
HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
Post away my dears!!

Replies

• _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

So I did finish Week 2, Day 3 this past Friday, for which I am very proud of myself. But it's killing my knees. The hard truth is that I am just too heavy right now to do something as high impact as jogging, even in intervals. And the irony of it is that my legs - while sore - were holding up just fine, my endurance was building, and I think if my knees could take it, I might have even tried to go on to Week 3 without repeating Week 2. Also, I am the type of hardcore go-big-or-go-home personality that would end up pushing through the pain to prove that I coud do it, and I really don't want to end up injuring myself and not being able to exercise at all. Ah, well. The good part is that I really did love it, and I am excited to take it up again when I have dropped another big chunk of weight. I have run 5K before, and I know I'll do it again - it will just have to wait a few more months.

To that end, I decided that I wanted to keep the "interval" aspect of the C25K program without the impact part, so I'm committed to doing High Intensity Interval Training every other day (when I would have been C25K-ing). It's pretty hardcore - and without the impact on my knees, I'm able to exert higher efforts during the intervals, which is a great calorie burner. I'm hoping this will help me to get to a "jogging" weight soon.

So that's my plan, FireRunners. I'll keep checking in on everyone, and cheering you on.

Happy C25K-ing,
    Amy :)
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    only did one day because my phone got all messed up on me over the weekend and I couldn't use it and didn't remember the program. Oh, how I love my apps! Tried to get off the couch last night when we got home (went out of town last Thurs night) and I hurt my back! OW!!! So now I am sitting with a heating pad and not sure if I should run. I will have to see how it feels in the morning. Ugh!
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    getting out for my run in a few mins and praying it wont start raining immediately as I set foot outside!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I did manage to burn 700 calories so I met my goal for the day, but I didn't do what I had planned. I am really hurting today. I went to the gym to work out but running was so hard I decided to bag C25k for the day. It was supposed to be W3D3 but I just couldn't do it. :(
  • Margot18904
    Margot18904 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hang on in there everyone, we will all get there in our own time, just do what is right for you and your body.

W3 D2 here today, and it felt pretty good, managed an extra 3 minute run at the end too - definitely easier as it was cooler today. Really looking forward to W4 now, although still a bit daunting! We're off on holiday on Friday but I'll be taking my iPod, HRM and running shoes with me so I can keep going.
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    W3D1-DONE!

I was really not feeling like I could run today, but I did it! I didn't eat well over the weekend and had some wine, so I paid for it today. Weds run will be easier for sure!
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    We'll miss you Amy, but do what you gotta do!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I think I am part of this group...ignore my post if I'm not :wink:

I am still on W1. had to cut 2 sessions short due to a massive shin slint in my left leg, and now my knee is hurting but not when I run, it hurts for the next few days. I did another W1D1 on Friday and it was good and I was proud of waht I did and the cardio is getting easier but my legs and shins are not too happy with me. The shin splint was not too bad this time, I finished 25 minutes.
    I may be on W1 for a while, I need to build up so I can do the C25K 3 times a week, instead of having to recover for 3-4 days before doing the next session.
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    hello everyone! hope we are all having FANTASTIC days!

completed my W3D1 this morning. was QUITE windy outside, which was fine. nothing like a little extra work, right? :)

i feel like my technique has been off lately, not sure why! don't know if it's my shoes or that i'm just thinking about it too much or what but.. definitely something i need to work on!

stay strong everyone, we're all doing GREAT!
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    hello everyone! hope we are all having FANTASTIC days!

completed my W3D1 this morning. was QUITE windy outside, which was fine. nothing like a little extra work, right? :)

i feel like my technique has been off lately, not sure why! don't know if it's my shoes or that i'm just thinking about it too much or what but.. definitely something i need to work on!

stay strong everyone, we're all doing GREAT!
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    ahh, sorry for the double post everyone!!
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Completed W3D1 yesterday. Will try to complete W3 this week, lots of committments going on but I will find the time. :-)
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    We'll miss you Amy, but do what you gotta do!

Thanks so much Tatiana! I'll be rooting for you! :)
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    ran today doing my own thing (warm up then just running for as long as I could at a slow sustained pace) and ran 10 straight minutes. Previously I had been doing 16 mins on average before puttering out but my knees have been sore this week. I'll be taking it easy since I think aggravated an old injury but I still being doing light jogs...just watching how hard I push myself.
  • Tarah40
    Tarah40 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I completed wk3 d2 today. My 12 year old daughter wanted to join me so I gave her a lecture about seeing it through to the end etc, etc. Well I have to say she whooped my backside without breaking into a sweat, lol.
    My knees are a bit sore this week but I'm starting some strength training at the gym tomorrow so hopefully that will help xx
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    LOL blame the app :P

I went out to do walk/speed walk yesterday, set the program up but forgot to turn on my location service (so no GPS), got to end knowing I had actually gone further and faster than before just to be told 0.00 everything - DAMN!!!! - oh well that won't happen again :)
  • Yary
    Yary Posts: 28
    Options
    Just finished off week 3. Will be starting week 4 on Wednesday- a bit nervous. Today's run was pretty easy, the only thing that bothered me was that my pants kept on wanting to fall off so I was pratically holding them up the whole time. :( Good luck to everyone on their runs tomorrow!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 - DONE!!!

I was a bit nervous about the 3 minute run especially as I found W2D3 hard on Sunday, but it was --good :bigsmile:
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I did W2D3 again today... I took it easy on myself because I woke up with a sore throat. So I burned 225 cals in 27 minutes (alot of that was walking moderately). It was a nice, pleasant pace :smile:
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So I fell like a slacker but I didn't do c25k last week due to being kinda sick. So I just started over at w1d1 last night. Its still killing me so I guess thats ok. Im slow but still trying.