salad dressings.....

Options
pmad37
pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
I made a beautiful healthy salad for my lunch today, then input the dressing I had planned to use (it was all I had at home). When I saw the calorie count, I scrounged around in the office kitchen and found a bottle of kroger lite balsamic - saved well over 100 calories

I'm curious, what are your favorite dressings....

Replies

• lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Ken's Asian Ginger (Lite)--70 calories for 2 Tbsp and it's great!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse farms creamy yogurt dressings, I use them all the time. Honey mustard has 45 calories in 2 tblsp, ranch has 70 cals in 2 tbsp, blue cheese has 50 calories in 2 tbsp and caesar has 80 calories. And they are yummy! Some low cal dressings are tasteless or have a funny after taste. These are fantatstic. and they are all natural, no added sugar or preservatives. They are sold in the refrigerated produce section at my grocery store.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse farms creamy yogurt dressings, I use them all the time. Honey mustard has 45 calories in 2 tblsp, ranch has 70 cals in 2 tbsp, blue cheese has 50 calories in 2 tbsp and caesar has 80 calories. And they are yummy! Some low cal dressings are tasteless or have a funny after taste. These are fantatstic. and they are all natural, no added sugar or preservatives. They are sold in the refrigerated produce section at my grocery store.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Kraft Light Creamy Caesar by Kraft is my FAVORITE
    Kraft Caesar Parmesean Viniagrette is great
    Kraft Greek Vinaigrette Salad Dressing W/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Feta Cheese, and Oregano is delish AND it was on clearance!

I also made my own with olive oil and balsamic vinegar...it was rather tasty...

I would also love to hear some suggestions and/or recipes...
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Hidden Valley makes a lite ranch that is made with sour cream and dosn't taste lite at all!! Even my hubby loves it! I also like a lot of Kens brand lite dressings. The lite olive oil vinaigrette is amazing!
  • gavin03
    gavin03 Posts: 39
    Options
    newmans own light balsamic 45 cal. 4 grams of fat for 2tbls
  • tuppertracy
    tuppertracy Posts: 14
    Options
    I just bought some fat free Hidden Valley Ranch and a bottle of raspberry vinegarette. I really like both. I put lots of veggies in my salad there are different flavors going on with the dressing.
  • aesquivel47
    aesquivel47 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have two favorites both from Trader Joes. Their Lite Champagne Vinaigrette has something like 50 calories per 2 Tbsp. and the Champagne Pear and Gorgonzola has 45. They taste good too.
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like the ones made by Seeds of Change. They're all around 60 calories for 2 Tbsp and all natural.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms of Vermont :
    No-sugar Raspberry Vinaigrette (5 cal/1 T.)
    Low-Fat Honey Dijon Vinaigrette (35 cal/2 T.)
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    I've been using Walden Farms Ranch and Honey Mustard. 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs...tastes like diet dressing, but I'll put up with that to save everything else
  • sammyjj53
    sammyjj53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    All of the light dressings especially the vinagerettes are EXTREAMLY high in sodium so you have to watch that as well. Not jus the calories.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Lately, I’ve been topping my salads with some fat free cottage cheese and some salsa, it turns it int a pretty good meal, a lot less sodium too!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips ladies! I'm my way to store after work to pick up some healthier dressing. I ate Hidden Valley (full fat) Ranch and it was 160 calories for the dressing alone! I like to drizzle (instead of saturate) it on my salads but I'm always looking for something healthier :)
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    Kraft Roasted red pepper and parmesean 40 cal 2 tablespoons or greek yogurt with powdered ranch dressing mix and thinned with a little water quarter cup is about 50 cal or so plus 0 fat and about 10 gms protein
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Lately, I’ve been topping my salads with some fat free cottage cheese and some salsa, it turns it int a pretty good meal, a lot less sodium too!

I've been doing that minus the salsa and I'm quite satisfied. When not dieting...I LOVE Hidden Valley Ranch! Yum!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Ken's steakhouse bleu cheese.
    Raspberry vinagerette
    Creamy poppy seed

I don't care much for the "lowfat" dressings. I prefer to have a bit less, or just compensate for the calories elsewhere.
  • sammyjj53
    sammyjj53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

You should be careful with that too because salsa is loaded with sodium as well.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great Value Fat Free Italian 15 cal. 2 tbsp and Wish bone Light blue cheese 30 cal. 2 tbsp.
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hmmmm, may try some of these, thanks!