Question for the ladies.

Options
13»

Replies

• Febgirl
    Febgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on your figure type. At my slimmest when I was a US size 4, my bust was 32DD. I'm currently about 40 pounds heavier (and two babies later) and wear a 34E so not that much different! I'm 5'8 if that helps.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Can I add a question to the topic...
    Is it really worth buying "intermediate" bra sizes during weight loss or, given how expensive they are and how AWFUL bra shopping is, can it wait til the loss is all done?

It's worth it to buy intermediate bras becausse you will look SO MUCH BETTER in your clothes! I'm not saying go out and buy a full trousseau. Just get one or two good, skin-toned, basic bras as you change sizes. You'll be out of them in a few months, so it really doesn't make sense to buy more than 2--one for regular clothes and one sports bra. But you can make do with just 1 if you wash them before bed so they're dry in the morning.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It really depends what they are composed of! I know that sounds weird, but some people's are mostly fat, so they shrink, some are mostly breast tissue (milk ducts and stuff) and so don't. I have dropped from a 32GG to a 30FF/G with about 11 lbs of weight loss, so they are still big by most people's standards, but small for me! They have probably lost about a third of their volume with that. I don't see them getting any smaller with further weight loss, as there's not a lot of fat.

Sorry, that's rather a too much information response!