Starting the 30 day shred

Options
Hey everyone, i am getting ready to start the 30 day shred. i am wanting to lose the baby and water weight. who has gotten great progress or has lost weight.
cw 144
gw 125

Replies

• aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    All together I have probably lost about 15 pounds but this is also my 3rd time doing it and the 1st time I'm actually finishing it. Good luck to you and stick with it! You will feel amazing!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I liked the 30 day shred. I had my 6th baby last July. The Shred helped to tone and get me ready to start running again. I didn't lose 20 in 30 or get shredded, but it was a REALLY great way to start. I have kept doing JM DVD's after I finished The Shred. You can do it!!!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I live the 30 day shred your gonna love it, and if you stick with it you will see the progress!!
  • kbrandl123
    kbrandl123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day shed?
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I almost at the end of level 2, and while I haven't really lost pounds, I do believe I've lost some inches because my clothes are fitting better. I also notice a lot more toned definition in my arms, legs and stomach. I'm pretty pleased with the results- but don't be discouraged if you don't lose the "20lb in 30 days" like the DVD cover says. I've maybe lost 2 or 3 since starting it 16 days ago. It is a KILLER workout though!
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    From my experience, (half way through the shred) I find it painful (the bad kind), I seemed to have gained loads of inches and lost no weight - I wouldn't bother, but i guess everyone is different
  • bacarter18
    bacarter18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In my first overall week with MFP... eating better AND doing 30dayShred, I lost almost 4 pounds. I don't know how much of that is just from the DVD (we also just got a dog, so now I've been doing a lot of walking!), but I FEEL better, and I can see more definition in my legs and arms and even stomach! While there is still fat to burn with cardio, it's nice to get that old definition back :) 30dayShred will be great for losing some extra baby weight and feeling better about your body!
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You may not see weight loss depending on how much you have to lose. You may even gain! But it's all muscle and it looks better than fat :) I am exactly half way through and I have noticed quite a difference, I am adding running into the mix so I won't be doing the shred everyday, I started noticing my knees were bothering me and my back.
  • vickylee26
    vickylee26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hi there I have been doing the 30 day shred for 13days and my kneels are killing me im still doing level one as I have not stuck to it every day I noticed you have mentioned the same thing do you know why this is am I doing something wrong I keep thinking it all the jumping
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day shed?

I wondered that too so I googled it. It is a Jillian Michaels workout program. (From ehow.com below)

Michaels is a fitness expert and a trainer on the television shows, "The Biggest Loser" and "Losing it with Jillian." She is also an author, blogger, life coach and creator of several fitness DVDs and video games. One of her DVDs, "30 Day Shred," claims to help customers lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days. This is achieved by doing one of three 20-minute workouts a day, with each workout increasing in intensity. Of course, sometimes people need to lose weight faster. If you have 10 pounds to lose in two weeks, you can do it using this video and following a healthy diet.

Read more: How to Lose 10 Pounds in Two Weeks With "30 Day Shred" | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7824360_lose-weeks-30-day-shred.html#ixzz1NDoIIy5T
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i plan on starting in June. Alot of the older 30 day shred posts complain of knee pain. I've never had an issue w/my knees but i sure hope it doesn't cause any b/c i'd definitely have to stop. Can't be cute in my 4 inch heels if my knees are bothering me :smile:
  • nevakeelin
    nevakeelin Posts: 10
    Options
    ive been hearing a lot about this and now i want to try it. how long is it? i wanna try finding it on youtube
  • staceyrrad
    staceyrrad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started this 30 day program this morning! I hope it's ok if I follow along and watch everyones progress. I'm excited to see what could happen!
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am going to start it too!
  • princessbrattycake
    princessbrattycake Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got it last Friday, so I did it then. OMG! I have never been so sore from exercise EVER!! So, I took the weekend and yesterday off. I did it again this morning and it was much easier. I am considering THIS my Day 1. My sister has been doing her "Ripped in 30" and saw a difference in 5 workouts. I'm excited!!! Let's go!!!
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am on day 13 and at first i noticed little to no weight loss, but definitely more definition and toned....now i am seeing wieght loss...maybe 3 pounds this week? and i am loving it. For those who say their knees hurt, maybe go to level 2...in some ways i think it's easier....maybe b/c i hate jumping jacks :P Good luck everyone! I think overall it's a tough workout (for people who aren't at P90X or Insanity level) and will give results if you pair it with healthy eating and some extra cardio... I like to do some cardio and some pilates like stuff to helkp with stretching so the soreness is less (Actually i was only sore from level 2 for 2 days..now it barely bothers me).
  • sugartwist
    sugartwist Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 3 days. My arms were so sore yesterday I had to keep massaging them and put a warm compress on them. I'm not going to give up. If I don't lose weight with it I'm sure I'll lose inches. I'm also walking/running after doing it in the mornings and plan to include another walk in the evenings.

Good Luck to everyone!
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    what is the 30 day shed?

I was going to ask the Same Thing

Reminder to all that I openly confess to being Pop-Culture Illiterate
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    Sounds like inviting a lot of Soreness

If I did this I would do it in a Gradual fashion I"m sure!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • staceyrrad
    staceyrrad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

I just thought that I would check in! I have just completed Day 2 of level 1 this morning and feeling the ache in my muscles just a tad.

I will admit that I'm going to try supplementing the 30 day shred with some cardio (running/eliptical etc, at the gym or outside when it's actually nice) to get big results fast. I am headed on a bit of a vacation in 30 days... and I want to look the best I can in the time I have left. Haha (can you say procrastinator? =P )

Two days in I can say that I'm kinda enjoying the video, I find the time just flying by! And am impressed at how much you actually can sweat in 20 minutes if you push yourself like Jillian aims for you to. The only thing I find that is bothering me about the video is how long it takes to get started, my dvd player does not let me skip the intro at all! I feel like I'm standing there for hours!

Anyone else have that problem?

How's everyone's day 2 or 3?!