My friend needs your prayers!

Options
13»

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Good news!!!!
    I'm Keeping some positive thoughts/prayers coming her way ....

Kim
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    This was posted on the Facebook group "Friends of Shellie"....it was created yesterday for information and to just show support. Her brother updated with the following:

"Hello everyone, No real changes since last night. They are going to reduce some of the sedation this morning and bring Marley up to see Shellie. They are hoping that the baby makes a connection and Shellie gives us some kind of sign that she is aware. After she visits with the baby they are going to conduct another dialysis treatment. They conducted a catscan of her stomach this morning and also will be doing an EKG. Once I get back results I will let everyone know. Right now I am at Shellies house waiting for the direct TV guy to show up, Shellie wanted it so she could get the football package and watch the Patriots."

Shellis is a HUGE Boston area sports fan! Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox, Patriots!! OMG! INSANE! I told them to make sure to NOT tell her about Brady being out the rest of the season when talking to her while she is in the coma!!

This is Shellie about a month ago when I saw her in Mass.
    n541493549_755844_6090.jpg

This is Marley!
    n1231988247_30126018_3587.jpg

I know you have all been praying! Thank you! I am just waiting to hear any updates and hope to God these two can be reunited!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about her Tam, and I hope she pulls through girl. Such a heartbreaking story that I hope ends with a happy note. Please update us!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    *prayers* *prayers* *prayers* and hugs for you! Is she married? If so, how's he doing with baby?
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Marley is soooo sweet! Hope her visit brings her mum back! *hugs* and prayers for them!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    What a precious baby-- Tam, this is so sad. Please keep us posted-- you have my prayers as well.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    *prayers* *prayers* *prayers* and hugs for you! Is she married? If so, how's he doing with baby?
    Yes, she is married. He is holding up ok. Shellies parents and brother flew to Georgia to help out. Marley just went home today. And his whole family is down there too to help. But my husband spoke with Jimmy (Shellies husband) last night and he said he just sounded sort of numb and in shock still. It just breaks my heart!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    :cry: *prayers for him* *prayers for baby* *prayers for mama* Thanks for being their friend! :flowerforyou:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Prayers for Shellie and Marley.....may the angels watch over both of them and support all the family!
    Ez
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    Done, It's in His hands.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Well, she is fighting her way back for sure! She was responsive today.

Shellies sister-in-law sent me a note that said:
    "she got to see marley for the first time today! they laid her on her chest and michelle tried to hold her...marley cried and michelle even tried to reach out for her. i know she is gonna pull through and come back to us."

The power of prayer is an amazing thing and I am feeling more hope now. She is not out of the woods yet, but dang it..she is fighting.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy there's good news. I'll continue praying for her and the family.

Betty
  • SWEETANDSALTY
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. She and her baby will be in my prayers.
  • SWEETANDSALTY
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. She and her baby will be in my prayers.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Yeay! Shellie's doing better!!! *dance*

Right, Tam?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Yes! I am sorry I haven't updated in awhile!! Things have been a bit nuts!

Shellie seems to be truly on her way back. They have taken her off sedation and respirator. She will be in the hospital for awhile yet with detox from all the crap they had her on and physical therapy.....but she is more and more alert and doing great!!! She even insisted on watching her Red Sox play!

It is truly a miracle!! She is definitely a fighter!! :happy:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    YEA! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear that! PRAISE THE LORD!!! :happy:
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    I ampraying hard for your friend Shellie, her baby, her family, and for you.

May it be GOD's WILL that she will get well !!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    greenbaum9
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Thank the Lord. I'm so glad things are turning around & I will continue to pray for a swift recovery & exit from the hospital so she can be home with her baby...and her Patriots. Gotta love a sports girl. :)