What's your favorite brand of greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    BTW- please don't base greek yogurt off of yoplait or dannon, they don't do it justice! The texture is so gritty and chalky, it should be thick, smooth and tart!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Chobani for me as well.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I like Oikos for plain, which I also use instead of sour cream. For flavored... Chobani is where it's at.

i tried this last night and it was great! I'll probably never use sour cream again!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    BTW- please don't base greek yogurt off of yoplait or dannon, they don't do it justice! The texture is so gritty and chalky, it should be thick, smooth and tart!

I don't really expect the dannon to be as good. Tell ya a secret? I got them to keep my boyfriend out of the other ones!!!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I like either Fage or Chobani!
  • JamieCRodriguez
    JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    chobani is by far the best
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Chobani is the winner for me...my favorite flavors are pineapple and strawberry....have to settle for Dannon brand for the one w/honey...but those are the only 3 I get...
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love ZOI Greek yogurt. I love mixing the Honey Zoi yogurt with Nancy's yogurt to cut the sugar and calories down. It tastes great mixed in oatmeal or as a dessert. I love it with fresh for frozen fruit.
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love the greek yogurt from Trader Joe's. We also mix in a tiny bit of regular yogurt to give it more flavor so that my kids will eat it.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Chobani.....If you can buy the plain or vanillia and put your own fresh fruit, or what ever floats your boat! Those tow flavors have the least calories and most protien!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Chobani, hands down. Non-fat blueberry is my favorite (sometimes I add fresh blueberries). The vanilla is good too (especially if you slice up a pear, apple or toss in some grapes!)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I am poor, so I get the Kroger brand, either strawberry or honey. And they cost almost 1/2 the price of the Chobani around here ($1.39 vs $.89)
  • FabOma08
    Options
    I am poor, so I get the Kroger brand, either strawberry or honey. And they cost almost 1/2 the price of the Chobani around here ($1.39 vs $.89)

I certainly understand that! That's why the boyfriend doesn't get the good stuff! He eats it like it's a pudding cup! I don't think I could really afford it as a daily thing!
  • dikent
    dikent Posts: 24
    Options
    I love Oikos!!! Pure Pleasure on the Bottom - Caramel is da bomb! It is like dessert.
  • FabOma08
    Options
    I love Oikos!!! Pure Pleasure on the Bottom - Caramel is da bomb! It is like dessert.

ooh! caramel? I haven't seen that one! Ugh, back to the store!!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Ok, I just tried the Fage! I now realize there's more to Greece than just gorgeous men!!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Ok, I just tried the Fage! I now realize there's more to Greece than just gorgeous men!!!

Haha! Nice, I too am a sucker for Greek men ;-)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Fage. I buy the 0% plain and add my own toppings.

I occasionally will add a spoonful of almond butter, a bit of cacao powder and 1 stevia packet, stir and freeze for a sort of mock pudding
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    At some point I will give plain with adding my own mix another shoot but before now Chobani Non-fat Black Cherry is the best. By far the best Chobani flavor and also the hardest to find.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    For me right now, it's Chobani Vanilla, but more and more I've been loving the Siggi's yogurt (it's Icelandic) and it's even thicker. Fage plain non fat is pretty good too, but you seriously have to tablespoon honey into that to really make it good.