Do you use this site exclusively or in conction with a diet

Options
Is anyone else doing another program like weight watchers, atkins, jenny craig etc, in addition to this? Just curious if the majority of users use this site exclusively or in conjunction with another regimented program?

Replies

• ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just calories for me. I can eat anything that I want as long at it fits in my calories... and I've lost 35lbs in 135days
  • jparis2
    jparis2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use slim fast products and the mobile app.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Just count calories through this site
  • glenna221
    glenna221 Posts: 46
    Options
    I follow a lot of the weight watchers principles...high fiber, lots of veggies (low in cals), but also try to keep my protein intake around 30% since I excercise regularly.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Also just calories for me, also eat everything I want in moderation and within my calories, work out, drink water!!
  • jmafte
    jmafte Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm also using just this site. Mainly to keep a better record of my calories. I lost about 13 pounds before using this site, and have since lost another 19.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Just counting calories via MFP
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    I'm using this site to count calories and herbalife.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb, keep track of portions / carbs using MFP. Generally try to stay within a calorie range.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I use 'me-version' of MFP - MFP along with diet principles I used during my diet and nutrition classes.
  • NanoReefDiver
    NanoReefDiver Posts: 153
    Options
    Only this site and mainly to track calories/exercise.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I only go by the principles of MFP.
  • samiramom
    samiramom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just calories for me...eat in moderation and portions...I stay within my calories and exercise 5 times a week...I go heard with exercise. Using this site and mobile app, I have actually lost the final 10 lbs I needed and have been able to maintain it since Thanksgiving...I love it and recommend it to others and clients all the time.
  • barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    I am using this site to track what I need to track and The perfect ten diet.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Only this site. It is so easy to really just pay attention to calories and lose weight. My DH and I have both reached our goals here. We excercised only a handful of times and I lost 21 and he lost 40.
  • MoniDoug73
    MoniDoug73 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm just calorie counting and exercising...seems to work great! I thinks this site/program is the foundation to those other programs you have mentioned.

MoniDoug73
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with good balanced nutrition and an intense 6 days/week workout regimen. This site is just for bookkeeping, support & motivation, and kicking back with my MFP Peeps.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I use this site exclusively... eating healthy is the way to go. You don't need fad diets... you need a lifestyle change that's sustainable.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just counting calories as that is what has worked in the past. I see the calories as a budget. I can have anything I want to eat -- but it's easy to see what gives you the best bang for the buck after you see how it adds up. My indulgence is flavored creamer in my coffee, normally limited to 2 per day. But I'm now using a sugar free version for one of those cups of coffee because MFP helped me to see how many good food calories I was giving up for the creamer.

I do try to stick with lean meats and vegetables - tastes good, fills you up and best 'bang for your buck' again. :-) Best of success to you! Yvonne
  • FierceFox81
    FierceFox81 Posts: 89
    Options
    This site and lots of advice and tips from trainers at the gym, and friends that compete in Bodybuilding and Fitness! Can never have to much information :)