Do you use this site exclusively or in conction with a diet

Options
2»

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    This site is my alternate main source of online entertainment, virtual social interaction, and calorie tracking. If that were to change it goes back to p0rn, GameFAQs, and LiveStrong, respectively... in that order.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I use this site exclusively... eating healthy is the way to go. You don't need fad diets... you need a lifestyle change that's sustainable.
    I'm pretty much the same way. I use this site to look at all the nutritional info and not just count calories. I want this to be a lifestyle change and by watching that it is helping me to know what good food choices I can make. It also helps me see where exercise helps in working towards my food goals. I'm slowing beginning to know instinctively what I can and cannot eat and also the amounts.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I just try to eat pretty balanced. I use MFP to keep track of my specific numbers for my macronutrients (and of course my calories). Other than that, I'm not on a "diet". :bigsmile:
  • usaeagge
    usaeagge Posts: 4
    Options
    I just use this site. I don't consider this a diet or even calorie counting. I just use it to gain the knowledge of what I am putting into my body. I never realized that I was eating so much, because I only ate three times a day. But I traveled alot and most of those meals were in places like Longhorn, Outback, Applebees(which does have a nice under 550 cal menu). To me this is just about changing my bad learned behaviors and getting back to a sane way of eating.

7467940.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rockthehourglass
    rockthehourglass Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started out with Weight Watchers but I'm not working, so I can't really afford the meeting fees. This site is actually teaching me to eat much healthier. I just hope I can keep up the motivation without the support of WW meetings!
  • DropsOJupiter
    DropsOJupiter Posts: 131
    Options
    I use this site exclusively... eating healthy is the way to go. You don't need fad diets... you need a lifestyle change that's sustainable.
    I'm pretty much the same way. I use this site to look at all the nutritional info and not just count calories. I want this to be a lifestyle change and by watching that it is helping me to know what good food choices I can make. It also helps me see where exercise helps in working towards my food goals. I'm slowing beginning to know instinctively what I can and cannot eat and also the amounts.

I am with both you guys. I've tried, with some success, every "diet" out there. Diets do not work for me. It has to be a total lifestyle change. I use this site multiple times a day and only this site to log exercise, food and to research. I, too, keep up with several nutritional values i.e, sodium, sugar, etc.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i just use the site to help me keep track of my calories and exercise
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I use MFP exclusively and have had fabulous results :) I follow the plan - including eating my exercise calories nearly every day.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I started with Nutrisystem, ...did that for a few months (it's expensive, ...but it works) and I am here! This is keeping me on track to eat healthier all the time. I can see how some people can get obsessive about logging their food, some days I am, but for most of the time it only takes a few minutes to plug in my food, after that you can make what you want of the site> I enjoy chatting it up so it is nice to meet new people!! :smile:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Just MFP. Diets don't work. I am learning how to eat in a more healthful way that I can live with for the rest of my life.
  • angie_pangie
    angie_pangie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I only use this site as motivation. I was previously on Weight Watchers and found it much easier than counting calories. I tried to count calories but I found it overwhelming.
    I like to come here to read success stories and get advice. It really does keep me motivated. :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    very interesting post. I have tried weight watchers and was successful for a little while. But I am currently using MFP exclusively and am seeing results very similar if not the same results as WW...I never used the two of them together..I think that would be like a calorie/point/WW/MFP overload for me :)

ETA: Plus..this site is free and WW is not..and this site offers me more than theirs...I think this site even offers me more than the local meetings did..just in a virtual sense.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I follow a lot of the weight watchers principles...high fiber, lots of veggies (low in cals), but also try to keep my protein intake around 30% since I excercise regularly.

Agreed...I learned a lot about portion sizes and amounts of veggies/fruits/fiber/protein and nutrient consumption via WW...But I brought that to MFP and it seems like it works for me!
  • CurlyVonda
    CurlyVonda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I follow the Weight Watchers Points Plus Program and I also use this site to calculate my calories.
  • Tarah40
    Tarah40 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was using weight watchers and stumbled across this site through one of their message boards. I started using this site to compare my calories to pro points and found I much preferred this site. I've just cancelled my WW subscription today.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else doing another program like weight watchers, atkins, jenny craig etc, in addition to this? Just curious if the majority of users use this site exclusively or in conjunction with another regimented program?

I really just use this as a food journal. I think it's helps me not to overeat and I find it oddly fun. But I don't count calories or follow a specific diet. I just keep it healthy - good fats, good carbs.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm using this site to count calories and herbalife.

Herablife is still around? I used and sold that years ago. Never made any money but I did lose weight. Hmmm, interesting. I just use MFP, this is all I really need.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,281 Member
    Options
    I have never been a dieter and never will be. I never thought I would count calories either and frankly I don't MFP does it for me and it works for me. What I did before MFP was exercise and it didn't do enough. I may stay on here even when I have reached my ideal weight unless this is so second nature by then I do not need to but I suspect you can always get healthier and fitter.
  • MissMoxy08
    MissMoxy08 Posts: 32
    Options

This is what I'm doing. I can't cut out food types. With low calorie I can still eat the foods I want so long as eat light for my other meals or exercise a lot.
  • purplerose421
    Options
    I used Weight Watchers before and I lost a lot of weight and then switched to this. Honestly, I like this more as it's teaching me to eat healthier and taught me more about calories. But this site could be used in conjuction with another program pretty easily.