200 Sit-ups challenge!

Options
Hi!

Is anyone doing or done the 200 sit-ups program? It looks good so I've decided to give it a go. I started it today at got 25 in my initial test.

I'd love to hear from anyone what I can expect, or what results you've had?

Thanks!

Replies

• mk2984
    mk2984 Posts: 36
    Options
    Bump! :smile:
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I also just started this program this week! I'm also doing the 100 push ups and 200 squats programs and am alternating days for all three. We'll see how it goes!
  • mk2984
    Options
    Cool!! Think I'm going to dothe 100 push ups one too. I'm just giving myself a few days before I dive in!! :smile:

Let me know how it goes!
  • JustBreathe418
    Options
    Did today's sit up program...was able to do 50 consecutive situps during the last set! Quarter of the way there...BLEH still a long way to go! Haha
  • MrsSchmidty7
    MrsSchmidty7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Did today's sit up program...was able to do 50 consecutive situps during the last set! Quarter of the way there...BLEH still a long way to go! Haha
    Does it matter if you are doing cruches? Or are you talking full blown true sit ups??
  • mk2984
    Options
    Well done JustBreathe! You're def beating me!!

I started the push ups one last night - only got 6 in my initial test - oh well I suppose at least there's room for improvement!!! :laugh:

MrsSchmidty - it's crunches they say to do, apparently full sit-ups are not recommended as they can injure your back.
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    More info on programs please?? This sounds interesting and always LOVE new challenges. THANKS!
  • mk2984
    Options
    This is the website - http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

There's also iPhone apps (I'm a bit of an iPhone geek!) to keep track of how you're getting on.
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I GOT the IPHONE so I could have fitness apps!! :) I has a bad case of "app envy" when my friend told me about MFP, so I am with you. Thanks! going to get the app as soon as type this.
  • mk2984
    Options
    I GOT the IPHONE so I could have fitness apps!! :) I has a bad case of "app envy" when my friend told me about MFP, so I am with you. Thanks! going to get the app as soon as type this.

Yay!!

I do love my iPhone, and I must say the MFP app does make life very easy!
  • JustBreathe418
    Options
    Haha yep I love the apps too! Although I have a Blackberry :P And to answer your question MJ, I only do crunches and not the full sit up. On the website, they say that their program uses crunches or curl ups instead of the traditional full sit up because of risk of spinal damage. Thank god for that because I could probably only do ONE real sit up haha. I also started the 200 squats program too! Orginally I was alternating days between the 3 but now, I've combined them and spend about 30 minutes doing all 3 programs, 3 times a week. That actually works out a lot better.

Let me know how its going for you girls! Push ups are the hardest for me it seems...never realized how WEAK my arms were haha.
  • mk2984
    Options
    Push ups are def the hardest for me too. I'm trying to do the proper push ups (not the 'girl' ones!) and I am ready to accept it may take a while, but def worth giving a go!!

I usually do my exercise in the evening but I'm awake bright and early this morning so may get on with them soon!!
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JustBreathe418
    Options
    Push ups are def the hardest for me too. I'm trying to do the proper push ups (not the 'girl' ones!) and I am ready to accept it may take a while, but def worth giving a go!!

I usually do my exercise in the evening but I'm awake bright and early this morning so may get on with them soon!!

Good for you for trying to do the proper push ups MK! I am totally still doing the "girl" ones haha. I think after I complete the entire Push ups program once doing the girl push ups, I'll go back and re-do it and do the real, proper push ups.

You should start the Squats program too! It might seem like a lot doing all three but it's really not because you are working completely different parts of your body. If you just spend 20-30 mins doing all 3 it's like a whole mini-strength training session.
  • mk2984
    Options

Good for you for trying to do the proper push ups MK! I am totally still doing the "girl" ones haha. I think after I complete the entire Push ups program once doing the girl push ups, I'll go back and re-do it and do the real, proper push ups.

You should start the Squats program too! It might seem like a lot doing all three but it's really not because you are working completely different parts of your body. If you just spend 20-30 mins doing all 3 it's like a whole mini-strength training session.

Hmmmm... JustBreathe you might have just convinced me! I just tried the initial test for squats and managed 35! I'll give it a few days and think about doing it! :smile:
  • JustBreathe418
    Options
    35 squats, not bad MK! Let me know how it goes :)
  • mk2984
    Options

Is that good?!
  • JustBreathe418
    Options

Is that good?!

Well it's definitely not terrible! haha
  • mk2984
    Options
    He he! Thanks!! Rest day today - think my shoulders will be happy not having to do any push ups!!!
  • mikeast
    mikeast Posts: 16
    Options
    wow this sounds really good! your posts have inspired me! hehe going to have a look at this website.
    :smile: