Hardest Food to Give up?

Options

Replies

• exfatty89
    exfatty89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    mexican buirritos from the taco truck next to my work. i use to have one daily. its been 3 weeks though :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Wow, living in Sacramento makes it tough to eat right. There's too much good stuff there. I'm visiting my family there next week & will be hard pressed to not screw up too bad. I've already planned all the places I HAVE to go while I'm out...

Jimboy's Tacos
    In & Out Burger
    Round Table Pizza
    Hof Brau on Watt (used to be Sam's) The best ever!

Since I've moved to a small town in western NY without any of those choices, it's much easier to stay in & make healthier food. But I'm definitely looking forward to falling off the wagon (hopefully not too far) next week!
    You're going to SacTown and NOT hitting the Tower Cafe for French Toast? WHATWHATWHAT???!!! I don't even LIKE French Toast, and have major feelings for theirs.... OMG, getting kinda tingly, you know.... gottago!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    The thing I miss the most is plain white rice, Japanese style. Too hard on my blood sugars, and I am trying to avoid diabetic medications.
  • LowCarbAmanda
    LowCarbAmanda Posts: 129
    Options
    -Sushi!!! (Now I just have sashimi.)
    -French Fries
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    STARCHY WHITE RICE with salt and butter. I never ate it a lot anyway, but OMG when I DO eat it, I CANNOT STOP!
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    I have to add that I will also miss Chicken Parmesan. It's the meal I cook best and it is so frickin delicious! Sigh. It'll be worth giving it up when I see a thinner me in the mirror.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    1.) BLTs. I actually had one the first week of this diet, and that was when I knew that would be the hardest thing to give up. I'm not even that big a fan of bacon, but there's something about BLTs. I'm going to try my hand at a fake-bacon BLT, at some point, but I know it'll never be the same as the real thing.

2.) Pepperoni pizza. My coworkers are eating this ALL THE TIME, and I always want some. Again, I'm not really a fan of pizza, just pepperoni pizza. I think I'll try either a fake-pepperoni pizza if I ever get a REALLY bad craving, or I'll just make/buy a really awesome veggie pizza.

3.) Gummy candy. The first week without this was HORRIBLE. I go for the dried and/or fresh fruit, now, when I want something sweet and chewy, but I still want some. It's going to be hard to resist them.

I've also had some trouble giving up convenience food, but I solve that by cooking several days worth of food. I also didn't completely give up sweets, but I now stick to only dark chocolate, honey, and dried fruit. I also absolutely refuse to give up coffee, but I've learned to drink it black or with a small amount of regular milk. My dad would be proud of that one.
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    STARCHY WHITE RICE with salt and butter. I never ate it a lot anyway, but OMG when I DO eat it, I CANNOT STOP!

I have that SAME problem. I had to switch to brown rice. :(
  • LowCarbAmanda
    LowCarbAmanda Posts: 129
    Options
    Oh, yeah! Starbucks Frappuccinos, especially the coconut mocha one!
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    1. Starches (pasta/bread/rice/potato chips/fries/etc). Once 75% or more of my diet. Sooooo not good for a diabetic, lol.
    2. Unmoderated Bacon consumption. Now if i want a piece of bacon, i find myself weighing whether it's worth the calories - and there is no way I am going to adjust my diet to eat more than one, i'll starve. haha.
    3. Fried Breaded/Battered x. Be it tempura, chicken nuggets, orange chicken, corn dogs, etc. Again, just so not worth the impact of the calories.

Some of them i can work in a 'taster' so I am not completely deprived. I allow myself half a cup of rice occasionally (as measured cooked, not raw)...or a slice of bacon in my breakfast on the weekend...but some I can't moderate well enough to trust myself with them (potato chips, fries...)
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You're going to SacTown and NOT hitting the Tower Cafe for French Toast? WHATWHATWHAT???!!! I don't even LIKE French Toast, and have major feelings for theirs.... OMG, getting kinda tingly, you know.... gottago!!

Crap, another place I'll have to try to make it to. ; ) I'm only gonna be there 4 days, so I've gotta do my best to satisfy all my cravings in those 4 days. I'm also hoping to hit the Squeeze Inn if I have time.
  • tammywho327
    tammywho327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Gringo style chili rellenos- OMG I haven't had them in over a year!
    Ice Cream and cake (although I actually eat it whenever I want- just a lot less of it!)
    French Fries (the thought of them makes me miss them, but how they actually taste and feel later I do not miss)

I guess the only one I really miss is the Rellenos and boy do I miss them, but I bet they don't taste like they used to. . . I think I will keep the memories!
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Alcohol :ohwell:
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    Alcohol :ohwell:

This has actually been a GREAT excuse for me to give up alcohol. It's the only way my family will take "no" for an answer.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    1. Salsa & Chips
    2. Nachos
    3. Nachos with Salsa

:laugh:

... and we all know that the salsa isn't the problem... but I've made some killer mexican salads and loaded burritos to still get my mexican fix in
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This is how I feel about giving up my FOODS!

http://lol.escoflip.com/
  • thisishowwepray
    Options
    I am finding it IMPOSSIBLE to give up chocolate, and I cannot eat just one little square.

Also hard:
    -Homemade cookies
    -Pastry-type things you get at coffee shops
    -Any other kind of candy
    -Ice cream
    -Frozen yogurt with lots of toppings

So basically just sweets for me.
  • eviepeasey
    eviepeasey Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm with you on moderation. I don't miss stuff, I just have it only occasionally and in smaller quantities and with lots of exercise!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Creamy Italian salad dressing, french fries, and beef (I've cut out red meat due to high cholesterol). Oh yeah...I have a 4th...pasta!! It just has too many calories and carbs so I have eliminated it. That was probably the hardest. I used to dream of noodles!
  • gyrox1992
    gyrox1992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. Mozzarella sticks

2. Garlic Bread

3. Cream cheese bagels.

:(