Hardest Food to Give up?

Options

Replies

• shellyk1979
    Options
    1. Full Fat Cheese, any cheese I just add it to everything!

2. 'Fat' Coca Cola, moved to Coke Zero bleh!

3. Ice Cream!!! They do this great Nardini's ice cream where I stay I miss it soooooo much!
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Bread & butter, and my Pepsi. I gave it up last summer and actually saw a difference in my stomach.... but slowly got hooked on soda again. I really need to give it up again, I'm going slow. I only have a 7oz mini soda now.
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    This thread is making me hungry.. :/
  • alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    Wine, wine! Oh and chocolate but its amazing how you can fit in a bit of chocolate on 1200 cals!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eating healthier has been quite a challenge! What foods do you guys miss the most?
    Mine are:

1. Cheeseburgers! Particularly the Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's Jr, which, if you guys don't know, is a cheeseburger with bacon (duh) and barbecue sauce and delicious crispy onion rings! Oh my god, just thinking about it makes me drool! It's so juicy and meaty and delicious! YUMM. I MISS YOU BACON CHEESEBURGER :)

2. Fries! Again, from Carl's Jr. The Crisscut fries that are so thick and flavorful. My God, I'm craving them so much right now! Why must they be so unhealthy?!

3.Chocolate Chip Cookies! Probably my favorite food ever! I've got the biggest sweet tooth. And those healthy alternatives just won't do. Haha, if I can't have the real thing, I won't have any at all!

So, what are your top 3 favorite foods that you miss? I know there are healthy alternatives to almost everything, but I mean which foods that are unhealthy (but oh-so-yummy!) do you miss? It'll be fun to see what you guys come up with :)

Chicken wings!! I eat them very rarely because I believe them to be just about the most unhealthy food I like. I used to be a huge sugar eater but gave it up so long ago that I no longer crave sweets. Wow, chicken wings is really the only thing I can think of. :smile:
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    bread
  • pinkcess22
    pinkcess22 Posts: 60
    Options
    white cake with berrys ,fried food ,maccas,lollllllllies chocolate, bread, donuts, crossons,coke
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    A REAL fresh everything bagel with butter..

This is NOT to be confused with store bought bagged mini bagels or those bagel thins (which while shaped correctly have no actual bagel type qualities :laugh: )
  • drosario1204
    Options
    hummm...

1) Reese’s peanut butter cups
    2) Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies (the ones you bake yourself)
    3) French fries
    4) Pancakes (I know pancakes aren’t that bad but I tend to load on the syrup and a pancake without a lot of syrup just wont do )
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Mostly starbucks frappes, sesame chicken, pancakes/waffles and.. OREOS. Sniff. :frown:
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I haven't really GIVEN UP foods just modified them

GIANT baked potato soaked in butter, cheese and sourcream with chives and occassionally brocolli and bacon.... ya.... Now its a small baked potato lowfat sourcream with a smidge of butter and lemon pepper (and now that my stomach has shrunk down some its just as satisfying

Dairy foods like Cheddar cheese, I have replaced this with Low fat mozzerella. Almost HALF the calories and I use just a bit not a hand full haha. Also crumble feta goes a long way and has a strong flavor

Pasta with white sauces.... i miss eating alfredo and my favorite seafood lasagna i made with 3 hard white cheese and onions and oohhhh melty goodness... now i eat whole wheat pasta put some seafood on it (crab normally) and sprinkle it with feta and onions and what not and melt in the microwave a few seconds and its tastey (not quite as good haha)

Fast food wise I really miss the Frisco burger every once and awhile. I'll get one cut it in half and give half to hubby, take the top bun off and throw it, and cut the burger in half teh long way... not quite the same... but can eat and feel guilty haha

I do miss french fries I make some at home with Lawry's seasoning salt that are pretty good baked.... just can't have many

Pizza hut and godfather's pizza.... I splurge 1 time a month this is usually where I go haha
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Gonna put the calories on mine to put it in perspective, lol.

1. Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit from Whataburger - 560 calories! Holy crap! Almost 3 times the cals in my morning smoothie!

2. Hungry Howie's Cheezer Bread - 370 cals for just 1/4 loaf, and I never thought about eating ONLY 1/4 loaf, lol.

3. cheese dip at Mexican restaurants - 70 cals/2 tbsp, which isn't AWFUL, it's just a problem with moderation that gets me. :wink:

:noway: I still have cheese dip on occasion, gotta stay FAR AWAY from the others though, lol.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Ok, I gotta stop reading... making me hungry. :cry: LOL
  • Evrgr8tful
    Evrgr8tful Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The hardest for me would be ice-cream and anything fried... but I really haven't given them up... I just eat them in moderation and make sure to get my workouts in to compensate. :bigsmile:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Moose Tracks Ice Cream (I can't eat normal portions, so right now, I can't have it)

Sharp cheddar cheese and Pringles - I no longer eat Pringles, although I do eat cheese. I normally eat lower fat cheeses though.

Tilted Kilt Garlic Cheese Fries - omg, so yummy and so fattening and so unhealthy.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    The only thing I miss is nachos. I really don't deprive myself of anything I love because I'm pretty good and self control. For example, if I want a cookie, I can have ONE cookie. However, if I get a bag of nachos, a jar of queso and a jar of salsa, I will eat every last bite. So, I just don't eat it anymore. I wish I could, I really do, but I just don't have the same restraint I do with everything else!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Soft Pretzels, Cake, Ice cream, Butter Popcorn, Big Baked Potatoes, Bags of Crunchy Potato Chips, Garlic Bread. Oh and Big juicy Burgers and Fried Chicken and French Fries. And Peanut Butter Cups and Coconut Eggs.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Beer (I'm a beer snob and from CO with some amazing microbreweries), french fries and Godiva truffles. But I do allow myself to have a good beer every now and then, and a truffle or two on occasion. Keeps me sane.
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Coffee with REAL HALF&HALF. I do indulge on Sunday mornings, but get a to-go cup to avoid the refill temptation.
  • misste
    misste Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :smile: In an out Burger? Really? Had it in Arizona...wasn't all that impressed.:happy: :laugh: