Why is everyone writting "bump"?
  • skinnyb450
    skinnyb450 Posts: 288
    Options
    Bump :)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    to either throw the thread into their "my topics" to find it later, or to 'bump' it back to the beginning so more people can see it to post.
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    bump
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Bump! I love chicken, but my husband gets sick of it, so hopefully I'll get some good ideas!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Chicken & Broccoli...
    ( this is my throw together recipe - no nutritional values)

1 head of broccoli - cut up - or a bag of frozen
    1 pkg - boneless skinless chicken breast - (I like mine cut up, but works as a whole
    1 can Cream of chicken soup - mixed with 1/2 can milk
    3/4 to 1 cup bread crumbs
    Parmesan or Mozzerella cheese to top - optional

Put broccoli at the bottom of 9x13 pan - put chicken in next. Mix soup & milk pour over chicken & broccoli - top with bread crumbs & cheese - bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. (brown & bubbly) Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.

(if I don't have bread crumbs I will mix 1 cup uncle bens brown rice with soup mix & increase milk to a full can)

another note - if it seems like alot of chicken/broccoli - add an extra can of soup to cover completely.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Dorrito Ranch Chicken
    2 Servings | 195 Calories

2 Bags (snack size) Nacho Cheese Dorritos
    1 pkt Ranch Dressing Dip Mix
    1 Egg
    2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Preheat oven to 375° F. Pound chicken breasts to 1/4" thickness. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg with a little bit of water. Empty the contents of the ranch dressing dip mix into another shallow bowl. Crush dorritos in a bag with a rolling pin or heavy can or use a food processor. Place the dorritos in another shallow bowl. Coat each chicken piece in the ranch dip mix, then egg, then dorritos. Place on a greased baking sheet and cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.

dorritoranchchicken.png
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I make what I've named "Mediterannean Chicken"

You can design this to fit whatever calorie count you want by dialing up and down on the amounts.

In a big bowl combine:

Grape tomatoes cut in half (or chopped bit tomatoes, fresh ones)
    Diced white meat chicken
    Crumbled feta cheese
    Walnuts
    Dried basil
    Olive oil
    Lime or lemon juice (a fair amount, not just a dash)

Mix, mix, mix. Put into a baking dish and bake in oven at 350 degrees for about half an hour. I eat it on its own, but it could be a topper for spaghetti or rice.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Parmesan Hawkstrider Legs
    6 servings | 200 Calories

6 Chicken legs
    1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
    1/2 tsp Rosemary
    1/2 tsp Chili Powder
    1/2 tsp Basil
    1/2 tsp Sage
    1/2 tsp Oregano
    1 Chicken Bullion cube, crushed
    1/4 tsp Salt
    1/4 tsp Pepper

Preheat oven to 350°. Remove the skin from the chicken legs/thighs. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and mix them well. Roll each piece of chicken in the Parmesan mixture and place in a 8 x 8 casserole dish. Cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes.

ChickenParmesean.jpg
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jestbiteme
    jestbiteme Posts: 2
    Options
    Here's my favorite... I got the idea from Men's Health but kinda customized it. I usually make these two at a time in the toaster oven, but there a only two in my household.

2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
    Garlic salt or garlic powder
    Dried basil (or Italian seasoning)
    Low-fat mozzarella cheese (shredded or cut thin slices from the typical 12-oz block from the grocery store.)

Once you've got the chicken butterflied, lay it "open" on your work surface, with what was the interior facing up towards you. Sprinkle the whole thing lightly with garlic salt or garlic powder, then the basil or Italian seasoning. (I am very liberal with the herbs... use as much as you like.)

Place a little cheese on one side of the butterfly, then close it back up. You'll almost have a stuffed breast.

I usually do a little more garlic salt on top, followed by more basil, to pretty things up. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes (until the juices run clear, yada yada yada).... And serve!

This usually produces the most juicy chicken breast I've ever made, and the mozzarella and the basil go together so well. Plus the extra calcium and protein in the cheese can't hurt.

I usually pair it with fresh green beans, cooked with chopped onion and a teeny bit of lemon juice with black pepper... Or if I'm feeling lazy, Uncle Ben"s garden vegetable ready rice.

HTH!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    ohhhhhhh, here is the most easy and delic chicken recipe ever. Got it from a friend but modified it to be healthy.

3-4 lbs chicken breast
    2 cans white beans drained and rinsed
    1pt cherry tomatoes
    1/4-1/5 cup white wine
    salt, pepper, and garlic, to your tasting.
    a few rosemary sprigs and a sprinkle of thyme (really I there isn't an amount, just go with what you like)

Place beans in a glass baking dish, add chicken on top, add wine, tomatoes then spices and cook at 350 until juices run clear. I think it took about 30 min last time I made it. This is so great the next day too! <<drool>> It's a good base for adding other things too (like bell peppers if you like them).
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I never measure stuff but here goes:

4 chicken breasts
    4 potatoes, cut in half
    1/2 bag of baby carrots
    BBQ sauce

Season the chicken with pepper on one side, meat tenderizer on the other side. I line a baking dish with Reynolds wrap, throw everything in there, and bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 20 min. I mix about 1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce with water, enough to get my desired consistency, and pour it over everything, and bake again for another 20 min or until the chicken is completely cooked through.

Sorry so vague!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    some good ideas here :)
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    There are some great ideas - I'm going to try the med one!!

Put a chicken breast on top of a piece of foil
    Place minced garlic, sliced cherry tomatoes, basil, a dash of balsamic vinegar and lots of black pepper on top.
    Bring the foil over it and make a loose packet then bake in the oven, I usually open the foil for the last few minutes.

Sometimes I add black olives or dried chilli flakes too!

Oh and another one is the same but place
    Coriander (cilantro???) crushed ginger, chilli flakes and a 2 slices of lemon and bake in the same way.
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this one:

2 HEB leg quarters, pre seasoned (these are my absolute FAV, but you can use non seasoned leg quarters and season how you'd like)
    Your fav BBQ sauce brushed on top.

Bake for 45 mins - 1 hr @ 400 degrees, or until the chicken is ready. You can take it out every 20 mins to add some more BBQ on top. I LOVE this with a big side of green beans and some brown rice and a huge salad. Hmmm...I think I'll be making this tonight!
  • mommacitab
    mommacitab Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    Bump