Easy Chicken Recipes for the Oven

Options

Replies

• Maree_
    Maree_ Posts: 65
    Options
    Ever tried these http://www.colmans.co.uk/seasonandshake/

just shove everything in the bag along with the seasoning and bake it. i put in chicken, carrots & peas.
  • drakeswife09
    drakeswife09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    I can't wait to try all of these! Thanks everyone!
  • alisonbank
    alisonbank Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is Rice Krispie Chicken.

1. Dip our chicken breasts or tenders into egg and then roll in Rice Krispies Cereal (or corn flakes).
    2. Put on a pan.
    3. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.

You can also add some seasoning to the rice krispies before you coat the chicken to add some flavor.

HOPE YOU ENJOY :)
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I stole this one from another MFPer and have made it twice this week.

I stuff a chicken breast with spinach and goat cheese and then season the chicken with whatever sounds delicious (i.e. garlic powder, Ms. Dash, etc)

Either cut a pocket in the chicken or pound it thin and then role or fold it over. Use about a 1/4 oz of goat cheese per breast and 1/2 to a Cup of raw spinach. Use a toothpick to hold the chicken together and then bake in the over for about 20ish minutes

Simple and Delicious!
  • nhmetsfan42
    Options
    My Current Favorite:

Ingredients

1 tablespoon dried parsley, divided
    1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    2 tomatoes, sliced

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
    Sprinkle 1 teaspoon parsley and 1 teaspoon basil evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange chicken breast halves in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with garlic slices. In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons basil, salt, and red pepper; sprinkle over the chicken. Top with tomato slices.
    Bake covered in the preheated oven 25 minutes. Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I took a package (1 lb.) "Skinny Chicken" (not sure of the brand but Weis carries it - it is just thin sliced and it is really trimmed of the fat well), I already had jasmine rice (1 cup) left over from a previous meal, and I added raw baby spinach (2 cups) and laughing cow garlic and herb wedges (4) and about 1/4 cup Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened.

Mix rice, spinach, laughing cow wedges and milk (you can substitute any liquid you prefer) in a bowl. Rinse chicken and lay flat. Divide the mixture between as many scallopini fillets as you have and then roll up! Bake in the oven at 350°F for about 25-35 minutes. Check the temp of the chicken without hitting the stuffing.

Yum!
  • ldavisdc
    ldavisdc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks! :smile:
  • datherton
    datherton Posts: 1
    Options
    Chicken and Sweet Potato Casserole

1 chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
    1/2 Sweet potato, cut into bite sized pieces
    1/2 Onion
    Handful Mushrooms
    Handful Cherry Tomatoes
    1tbsp flour
    Chicken stock to cover

Quickly fry the onion, add to a casserole dish.
    Brown the chicken then mix in the flour. Add to the casserole dish.
    Slice and half the tomatoes and add to the casserole dish. Cover with Chicken Stock.
    Cook in the overn for 30mins and 200c.
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    BUMP
  • my3doxiesandme
    Options
    Thanks. There are some really great recipes in this post.
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Saving for later. Thank-you!
  • awyler
    awyler Posts: 78
    Options
    bump.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Take a casserole dish, put a bunch of veg in the bottom - kale is good, but for ease, I also like a combo of broccoli/cauliflower and bell pepper strips (I use bags of frozen veg). Add chicken breasts (I use the tenderloins) on top, then season (lemon pepper, garlic, or whatever suits your fancy). Cover and bake for about 30 min (350*), then add some cheese (feta, swiss, parm, cheddar - again - whatever suits your fancy) and put back in the oven to melt. Everyone LOVES this at my house, and since it's a really versatile recipe, it never really gets old.
  • Ramitta
    Ramitta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jackiemarie
    jackiemarie Posts: 111
    Options
    bump always looking for this!
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Bump! And thanks!
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Dorrito Ranch Chicken
    2 Servings | 195 Calories

2 Bags (snack size) Nacho Cheese Dorritos
    1 pkt Ranch Dressing Dip Mix
    1 Egg
    2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Preheat oven to 375° F. Pound chicken breasts to 1/4" thickness. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg with a little bit of water. Empty the contents of the ranch dressing dip mix into another shallow bowl. Crush dorritos in a bag with a rolling pin or heavy can or use a food processor. Place the dorritos in another shallow bowl. Coat each chicken piece in the ranch dip mix, then egg, then dorritos. Place on a greased baking sheet and cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.

dorritoranchchicken.png

OMG! THAT LOOKS SUPER AMAZING!!!
  • chattyKathi
    chattyKathi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have one...but it's not for the oven, but the crock pot. Takes 5 minutes to prep and set it and forget it!

Ingredients:

Chicken Breasts - how many ever you want
    Jar of your favorite salsa (I experiment with different flavors)
    Jasmine Rice

Put chicken breasts in crock pot...dump jar of salsa over. Cook in crock pot 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.

At meal time, prepare Jasmine rice as directed on package. Serve chicken over rice.

This is awesome as leftovers as well. My family loves this dish...and I love that it literally takes me less than 5 minutes to prep.

omg I would love to try this. I don't know if anyone else would eat it though. they're no fun!
  • chattyKathi
    chattyKathi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ohhhhhhh, here is the most easy and delic chicken recipe ever. Got it from a friend but modified it to be healthy.

3-4 lbs chicken breast
    2 cans white beans drained and rinsed
    1pt cherry tomatoes
    1/4-1/5 cup white wine
    salt, pepper, and garlic, to your tasting.
    a few rosemary sprigs and a sprinkle of thyme (really I there isn't an amount, just go with what you like)

Place beans in a glass baking dish, add chicken on top, add wine, tomatoes then spices and cook at 350 until juices run clear. I think it took about 30 min last time I made it. This is so great the next day too! <<drool>> It's a good base for adding other things too (like bell peppers if you like them).
    this sounds so good! I'm saving this one!