Protein Powder

Options
katt742
katt742 Posts: 196 Member
Just wondering what everyones favorite Protein Powder is? I usually use GNC PRO AMP...it has a lot of calories though. Anyone have any other suggestions? I use it for muscle building and recovery immediately following my workout. Thanks!

Replies

• chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I rock the ON Whey most times.

I have also heard good things about the new ISOPURE that is super low in carb/cal I believe. Its called FREE or something like that.
  • ONESCOUT1976
    ONESCOUT1976 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I refuse to buy at GNC....way to expensive. I like Myoplex. I get the ready to drink but have had the powders in the past and they are excellent. The 42g of protien RTD is 300 calories.
  • Butterflynma
    Butterflynma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use Raw Protein Powder. It's a little pricey, but has all natural ingredients. Also has only 80 calories per serving.
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I drink Shakeology. It has protein plus everything else you need!!!!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I love Syntha 6. The chocolate flavor is delish.

The premeire nutrition chocolate shakes from Cost co are pretty good as well.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    My favorite is from a little unknown brand called Biochem Sports Whey Protein Powder - I have tried chocolate fudge, vanilla, and natural flavors. All are tasty!

Check out the reviews on Amazon.com (also where I purchase it) - it qualifies for free super saver shippping too! :)
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I refuse to buy at GNC....way to expensive. I like Myoplex. I get the ready to drink but have had the powders in the past and they are excellent. The 42g of protien RTD is 300 calories.

Where do you buy?
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition (ON) Whey Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor.
  • SuperWoman910
    SuperWoman910 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like Aria-Vanilla Whey Protein
  • dfunk06
    dfunk06 Posts: 56
    Options
    I like Planet Smoothie's Protein powder and Body Fortress Vanilla
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    93 calories per scoop a lot??? The serving size is 3 scoops but you don't need all that.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I use many depending on what I need it for. One of my favorites is Full Circle Organic. It has 90 calories, 19 grams of protien, 0 sugar, 2 grams of carbs, potassium and sodium only 90mgs.
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Reflex instant whey in raspberry for me. 90 cals per serving and 24g of protein. It's also quite cheap!
  • sandytoes3
    sandytoes3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use a Soy isolate protein powder... chocolate flavor. I think its 130 calories a serving. But it tastes pretty good.
  • freeradicals
    Options
    I never really understand the point of protein supplements. Per gram of protein, they're so expensive compared to real foods (eg. tuna, low fat yogurt, cottage cheese). Is there something I'm mis understanding? Is the powdered protein better in any way. I could maybe understand it if it had a mix of different amino acids or something, but most of it seems to be made from whey, so I can't imagine it's any better than eating low fat dairy products.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Dymatize: Elite Gourmet Milk chocolate. Best tasting chocolate on the market I think. It's a whey Casein blend. I buy online.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I never really understand the point of protein supplements. Per gram of protein, they're so expensive compared to real foods (eg. tuna, low fat yogurt, cottage cheese). Is there something I'm mis understanding? Is the powdered protein better in any way. I could maybe understand it if it had a mix of different amino acids or something, but most of it seems to be made from whey, so I can't imagine it's any better than eating low fat dairy products.

Sometimes you can only eat some much chicken and tuna in a day. Dairy causes issues for some people so they can get protein that way.

Edit, but your point is well taken, protein from real food is always the preference in my book.
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Swanson vanilla whey from Swanson.com/90 cals per scoop/20g protein/1g carbs/ $18.00 for 2.28lb container. I usually order 2 or 3 at a time get monies worth for $4.99 shipping cost for entire order.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Syntrax - Matrix 5.0 Cookies & Cream
  • massmech8111
    Options
    Protein is a very touchy subject, with a lot of variables...
    whey and soy are great choices for post workout and/or between meal snacks..
    casien/egg protein is used mainly for prebedtime since it is slow digesting..
    depending on your specific protein needs ,the general rule of thumb is

1Gram per Lb of body weight -to maintain muscle..
    1.25-1.5Grams per Lb for body building/muscle building (this includes endurance atheletes)

Personally I prefer Optimum Nutrition Whey(double chocolate)
    2 scoops =240 calories
    2gr fat
    6gr carbs
    2 gr sugar
    48 gr protein
    I would recommend trying several brands due to different allergies,personal tastes,tolerances..ect..
    good luck and happy trimming..