what are you thankful for?

Options
When I was younger (and sometimes still) I would say things like "gosh I just HATE my legs, they're too big for my body, they're giggly, to stumpy...etc. Until one day my grandmother simply said.."well dear, why don't you just be thankful that you have them".

When you think of it like that, its hard to complain about anything on your body, arms, stomach, legs, bottom, because we're fortunate enough to have something to complain about, where as others may not be so lucky!

what are you thankful for on your body??

Replies

• shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When I was younger (and sometimes still) I would say things like "gosh I just HATE my legs, they're too big for my body, they're giggly, to stumpy...etc. Until one day my grandmother simply said.."well dear, why don't you just be thankful that you have them".

When you think of it like that, its hard to complain about anything on your body, arms, stomach, legs, bottom, because we're fortunate enough to have something to complain about, where as others may not be so lucky!

what are you thankful for on your body??
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Big chest - it hides my belly!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    LOL...that it still gets outta bed and moves:wink:

I think I'm thankful that I have a strong and healthy body...even w/ the little extra padding here and there....it still gets me around and I still feel good most of the time and I'm working on that extra padding... again thanks to the strong healthy body LOL. :drinker:

hugs!!! good post girl!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I would have to say my boobs as well because they do make my stomach appear smaller, and also my calves because they are muscular.
  • GoGetterMom
    Options
    I would have to say my boobs as well because they do make my stomach appear smaller, and also my calves because they are muscular.
    Yaah! Calves here too - especially in heels
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    My lower legs are HOT! I love wearing capris and skirts to show them off. Would still like to lose some on the thighs, but the lower legs look great! Now that I run pretty regularily, I have some great muscle definition!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Yaah! Calves here too - especially in heels

Definitely! And we KNOW how guys love heels...LOL!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    my spleen.:ohwell:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

I'm glad for you spleen too honey...it makes you who you are hutchy poo!!!:love:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Mostly for my husband who always thinks I am beautiful. I have great strong shoulders as well.
  • SoupNazi
    Options

I'm glad for you spleen too honey...it makes you who you are hutchy poo!!!:love:

Aww. Shucks.

It really is purty though. I seen it once.:bigsmile:
  • GoGetterMom
    Options

Aww. Shucks.

Mr. Soup: "Show me some spleen, honey!" :tongue:
  • MarineBugler
    Options
    On my body I'm thankful for...

my eyes. When I was younger I had the nickname "bug" because my eyes are very large. But now I think they are not only beautiful but they let me see all of the beautiful work God has created.:smile:
  • SoupNazi
    Options

Aww. Shucks.

That is why he married me.:bigsmile:
    Anyone else have a sexy spleen? Uh? Anyone?
    I didn't think so.:smokin:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Inasfar as body parts go:

I'm thankfully my lungs are so forgiving.
    We're moving past the asthma.
    We're keeping the smoking to a minimum.
    We're moving forward with stamina and endurance to run.
    I'm glad they aren't seizing up on me anymore.
  • monica5237
    Options
    I am very thankful for my boobs as well (they seem to be shrinking though) I am also thankful for my lips they are one of the most beautiful things on my body and my eyes.

Soup, I would have to say my spleen is kinda cute, I think:wink:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I am very thankful for my boobs as well (they seem to be shrinking though) I am also thankful for my lips they are one of the most beautiful things on my body and my eyes.

Soup, I would have to say my spleen is kinda cute, I think:wink:

Well....don't be flauntin no purty spleens around my hubs missy.:laugh:

He's a one spleen man.:love:

I think.:embarassed:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I am not thankful for my boobs.
  • alifelessevident
    Options

Aww. Shucks.

That is why he married me.:bigsmile:
    Anyone else have a sexy spleen? Uh? Anyone?
    I didn't think so.:smokin:
    not my spleen but my pancreas is hot :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    but really what i'm thankful for is that my body hasn't shut down on me after the things i have put it through. i can't really think of a great feature so that'll be what i'm thankful for, a body that puts up with a lotta BS and still sticks with me lol
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    wellll.....my spleen went byebye along with my uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, ovaries and gallbladder 25 years ago so can't be thankful for it anymore :wink: I'm thankful that my body has been forgiving of me and sticking with me all this time. For an short, fat old bird, I have long, strong, slender legs that I can count on to give me something to say "OK, so there IS something not totally gross about you" about during those periods of frustrated self-bashing.