• Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would :) but not many people on here from aberdeen I dont think xxx
    Aberdeen Scotland? I'm in Stonehaven :)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    same reason don't post height, or relationship status, or the hundreds of other things they don't post.... they just don't want to.

I, on the other hand, will let you know that I am on Hoth right now. :laugh:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    i have mine posted so people can realize how much more Awesome i am. i mean... who doesnt want to meet someone from the lone star state?!?! and Houston at that?!?! EVEN BETTA! :laugh:

Oh neat, I am headed there for business sometime this summer :D

<3 Texas. If they ever succeed from the Union like they keep threatening, I'm totally moving down there.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Well now I feel like a creeper. I just searched for members within 25 miles of me ... and there are 25 pages worth. :huh:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    My location is posted as the nearest city, Toronto when actually I am in a suburb town.

It's just out of habit I say I'm from Toronto b/c the only people who ask me are when I'm on vaca which is in the US and at least Toronto they understand. My FB account has my real town but my FB friends are people I actually know.
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't post my location because I have no desire to have local meetups, and I have no desire to advertise to the world where I live. It's not important to me, and I don't want people sending me friend requests just because I happen to live near them.

What she said, plus my dance card is full. I have workout buddies when I want, but I mainly like to work out by myself. It is the quintessential "me time".
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Ladies I am in CHicago................feel free to stalk this big brown man!
  • barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    nothing wrong with- like previously stated you can actually just google people and find out more information about them then this website :)
    That and I have no problem with the internet (as long as you are careful) I met my hubby of 6 years (together 11) on AOL :)
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    some of us are probably embarassed about where we live LOL
    It's not like i'm from the OC, LA, MIAMI, HAWAII
    im from .......chatham.

this place doesn't exist to half the world, and it probably shouldn't LOL

Chatham is just down the road a bit....LOL

It's a beauty isn't it? lol

Come on! After Summer Catch everyone knows where Chatham is, don't they? JK ;) I don't share where I"m from most of the time until I comfortable with people, and even then, I prefer it to only be with people I correspond with daily. You two will get a kick out of this. If you read I live in "Brockton" you'd probably create a very different picture of me than my reality. Often I just put MA and leave it at that.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Well now I feel like a creeper. I just searched for members within 25 miles of me ... and there are 25 pages worth. :huh:

Hadn't thought about it. Now I'm creping the search. :smile: Looks like 25 pages is the maximum results. I have my location, Albuquerque, posted. I've been online in some form or another since 1984 - think BBS's. I've been stalked once from it but I have also meet my husband (17 years and going strong) and some fantastic friends so I'm careful but not hidden. No matter how careful someone thinks they are being it's easy for a determined person to track things down. I respect others that want the privacy but for me I'm pretty open online.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Mine location is posted, I have met several people from online over the years, even some out of state. My most recent "online meeting" resulted in meeting my boyfriend, I met him on MFP...He is in my profile pic. :heart:
  • kjmil
    kjmil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Location Location Location...Rapid City, South Dakota
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I set up my profile months ago and never went back to do it I guess. But now with everyone searching for local people I did it too and I have 25 pages worth! Lots of people in the PNW on MFP.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada, from my understanding there aren't many people here who would know of the city where I am from anyway. I live close to Toronto, the most recognizable city I can think of near me.
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    nothing wrong with- like previously stated you can actually just google people and find out more information about them then this website :)
    That and I have no problem with the internet (as long as you are careful) I met my hubby of 6 years (together 11) on AOL :)

I met my husband on AOL too! Met him in 1998, married in 2000 :)
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    I would love to meet people in my area, but unfortunately I do have to watch what I put on the internet. I found out the hard way on Facebook. I work as a mental health therapist, and a client found me on facebook and set up a fake profile to friend request me. Fortunately I never posted my address/phone number on my facebook profile, but just by accidentally adding him (I play the stupid facebook games from time to time, so I thought that was why a stranger requested me), he had access to my husband's profile, my sister....
    The client ended up feeling guilty for his actions and fessed up. Needless to say my profile settings in various accounts have been VERY restricted since that time.

My Facebook is locked down. I don't friend anyone I'm not related to, friends with in real life, or have known online long enough to trust them. If I had been you and that person sent a friend request, I never would have requested it. That's just the way I am, partly because I have 3 kids and I use Facebook to post pics and keep in touch with family who is 3000 miles away.
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    some of us are probably embarassed about where we live LOL
    It's not like i'm from the OC, LA, MIAMI, HAWAII
    im from .......chatham.

this place doesn't exist to half the world, and it probably shouldn't LOL

Chatham in Kent? If so, I used to live there for a short while... I kind of liked the place... :)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Cause no one outside the UK knows where Cornwall is unless they've been here. It's no where near London btw.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Cause no one outside the UK knows where Cornwall is unless they've been here. It's no where near London btw.

Or Scotland. Don't forget Scotland. It's nowhere near there either.