Tattoos

Options
Well guys and gals....my darling little 18 year old sister just called to inform me she got a tattoo. We were supposed to go get them together but I guess I kinda chickened out and it is so hard to decide what exactly you are going to have put on your body until you die. *sigh

We went and got our noses pierced together (something I thought I would never do) but just woke up one morning saying "I really want to do that." So I did and I love it.:heart:

Here's my question. What are some opinions/suggestions on the subject?

I want a small one on my left shoulder blade but have no idea how to decide what it should be.

*deep breath

I'm going to do this one way or the other.:bigsmile:

Replies

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Well guys and gals....my darling little 18 year old sister just called to inform me she got a tattoo. We were supposed to go get them together but I guess I kinda chickened out and it is so hard to decide what exactly you are going to have put on your body until you die. *sigh

We went and got our noses pierced together (something I thought I would never do) but just woke up one morning saying "I really want to do that." So I did and I love it.:heart:

Here's my question. What are some opinions/suggestions on the subject?

I want a small one on my left shoulder blade but have no idea how to decide what it should be.

*deep breath

I'm going to do this one way or the other.:bigsmile:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    a ladle?
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    a ladle?

:laugh:
    Not sure I want that one forever.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    a ladle?

My name in a :heart: ???

:bigsmile:
  • GoGetterMom
    Options
    Sorry - heart with your son's initials in it?
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    a ladle?

I draw that with a sharpie every morning my sweets.:blushing:
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    LOL

if you're into astrology you could always get the animal or sign representing your astrology sign...

me personally, I have sunflowers - which respresent my sunshiny personality and a seahorse - which represents my perception of myself as an exotic creature...

just make sure whatever you get is representative of yourself and you'll love it forever :-)
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: OH GOSH I LOVE TATTOOS!! i HAVE A RATHER BIG ONE ON MY BACK, its a cross with my sons name underneath it!! lol here in a couple of weeks i am going to get one on the inside of my lip, well me and mu husband are, that says ::mine:: will say "EYE LOVE" and ::his:: "YUR FACE"
    lol its a saying we always say to eachother " i love your face" so we are getting them on our lip.... to decide what to get for a tattoo..

ALWAYS make sure its personal, you dont want something pointless just cuz it was pretty, I make sure mine always have something to do with me, or my family, or something close to my heart, that way i can never regret it!!

Get creative, make sure its original, and not something that EVERYONE else has,,, (not cool)

&& make sure you have "the one", and dont just settle for something because you wanted a tattoo, you may find something that next day that is perfect, but OOPS!!

have fun with the decision making!! thats the first step, i think its funnn!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, I'd pick something that incorporates your faith, your son and maybe even your nephews initials.

You can always choose a anchor on your forearm for your 2nd. :laugh:
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    a ladle?

agreed but with mine:happy:
    or just get something that is really personal to you, thats what i'm doing!
    i plan on getting a tattoo for my birthday next year the design for it is going to be a fat little cute duck (after my great-grandmother, whom i nicknamed Duckie) with "Rachel" written on its belly, if it can't fit then just underneath it - Rachel in my family stands for, well, the people in my immediate family (Ryan, Alex, Cheryle, Heather, Erin and Lauren) and i might put Eva in there somewhere - after my nana
    i'm either going to get it over my heart or on my left arm - coz of that saying 'wear your heart on your sleeve'
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey Soupy,
    What about a picture of a bottle of lotion and a whip and the words "Pit Master" :wink:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    :bigsmile: OH GOSH I LOVE TATTOOS!! i HAVE A RATHER BIG ONE ON MY BACK, its a cross with my sons name underneath it!! lol here in a couple of weeks i am going to get one on the inside of my lip, well me and mu husband are, that says ::mine:: will say "EYE LOVE" and ::his:: "YUR FACE"
    lol its a saying we always say to eachother " i love your face" so we are getting them on our lip.... to decide what to get for a tattoo..

ALWAYS make sure its personal, you dont want something pointless just cuz it was pretty, I make sure mine always have something to do with me, or my family, or something close to my heart, that way i can never regret it!!

Get creative, make sure its original, and not something that EVERYONE else has,,, (not cool)

&& make sure you have "the one", and dont just settle for something because you wanted a tattoo, you may find something that next day that is perfect, but OOPS!!

have fun with the decision making!! thats the first step, i think its funnn!!
    On the inside of your lip? Owie! Good luck girl...that is awesome and so very sweet what you and hubby are doing.:smooched:

Yes...good points. I will look and look until I find the right one. That's why it is taking me forever.:embarassed:

I'm never one to do anything that everyone else is doing....so that is good.
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Hey Soupy,
    What about a picture of a bottle of lotion and a whip and the words "Pit Master" :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • GoGetterMom
    Options
    Colts logo? Wasn't that one of your pics a while back?
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    In all seriousness, I'd pick something that incorporates your faith, your son and maybe even your nephews initials.

Good idea. (not so much the anchor) I am kinda leaning towards a really cool cross.
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    a ladle?

agreed but with mine:happy:
    or just get something that is really personal to you, thats what i'm doing!
    i plan on getting a tattoo for my birthday next year the design for it is going to be a fat little cute duck (after my great-grandmother, whom i nicknamed Duckie) with "Rachel" written on its belly, if it can't fit then just underneath it - Rachel in my family stands for, well, the people in my immediate family (Ryan, Alex, Cheryle, Heather, Erin and Lauren) and i might put Eva in there somewhere - after my nana
    i'm either going to get it over my heart or on my left arm - coz of that saying 'wear your heart on your sleeve'

Awww that is so sweet Lauren!:smooched:

*notes to self to write Lauren's name in sharpie on my other arm.
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I thought about that too....but if they keep playing the way they do.:grumble: :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have a few and most mean something (minus one....what was I thinking).
    I have Kanji writing on several and they are cool and private since only me, the translator, and anyone who knows how to read it can....if they can see it.
  • GoGetterMom
    Options
    I thought about that too....but if they keep playing the way they do.:grumble: :laugh:
    Knew a guy who had "I love Patty" (his wife at the time) and asked him what would you do if you broke it off... His reply "add a d to love"

Could do that with Colts
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Good idea. (not so much the anchor) I am kinda leaning towards a really cool cross.

Here's the link to my cross w/ my sons name... and yes,, it was supposed to be higher, but again, living in korea,, there was a language barrier!! ALSO, my back was twisted.. lol its not crooked!!

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll274/RME_wyfe/Tattoo023.jpg