Tattoos

Options

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I have a celtic eagle about 4" wide in the middle of my back - I got it to celebrate getting my motorcycle riders license and my first Harley - the celtic design represents my nationality, and the eagle represented freedom (on a bike).

My co-worker, on the other hand, got a 'Thumper' Tattoo across her lower back. She wants her next one to be an anchor (as in "Hope is an anchor").
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Tats are the best!
    I agree with what the other girl said, get something that means something dear to you. Both my tats are something I like so it means something to me regardless of what other people think of them. haha I have an anklet with my name in Korean with tribal lines. In that I always have wanted to adopt lil Korean girl, and I still do, so it's kinda my tribute to "her". The other one that I started and never finished is for my kids. Right now it's just one butterfly on my arm because I got pregs then gained weight and I'm not ready to finish it. haha I want it to be a 1/2 sleeve of butterflies(my fav insect) and tulips(my fav flower) and Jerimyah's name and who ever else I spit out. It's to my children because without them I'd be nothing so to speak. Now to other people they don't get the 1 butterfly but it does mean something to me and that's what matters.. I was thinkin bout gettin a rose with my mama's initials over my heart, without her making the decision to keep me when others said she wasn't ready for a baby, i'd be nothing!
    I thought bout gettin my nose pierced and changed it to my tongue and vajayjay.. I love piercings too! I'm so into body art!

Good Luck on findin something! You will find it, don't worry.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    [Knew a guy who had "I love Patty" (his wife at the time) and asked him what would you do if you broke it off... His reply "add a d to love"

Could do that with Colts

:laugh:
  • lifesaver
    Options
    I think tattoos are a great way to express yourself. I want to get one in Arabic calligraphy. It's in the shape of the dove and the two words mean 'peace' and 'love'. In Arabic because I lived in the Middle East when I was young and it had a significant impact on my life... and it is beautiful scripture!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i think a really cool cross would be awesome. Have you considered a celtic cross? thats my FAVORITE and id like one myself! so i just wanted to suggest that style of cross because there are some awesome dainty ones, and awesome knotty ones!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    OK - don't know where you want one, but my son has one on his wrist (inside of the wrist and where it can be covered with a watch - 'ya know for jobs).... His says Yaweh in hebrew
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    make sure it means something to you, just in case you realize you don't want anymore tattoos after that one.... money has always been an issue for me on getting tattoos and i wanted my first one to mean alot, so i have my boy's handprint on my chest, now i want a ton of tattoos and i ain't got the cashflow for it, and i don't have any tattoo artist friends lol
    IMG_0273ghhghg.jpg
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    make sure it means something to you, just in case you realize you don't want anymore tattoos after that one.... money has always been an issue for me on getting tattoos and i wanted my first one to mean alot, so i have my boy's handprint on my chest, now i want a ton of tattoos and i ain't got the cashflow for it, and i don't have any tattoo artist friends lol
    IMG_0273ghhghg.jpg
    Love your tat!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i have three, a butterfly on right ankle, a hummingbird on a viney flower wrapping across left foot, a small rose on left boob. now i want an angel with the saying give me strength on my shoulder... maybe for my 50th next year....
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, choose to put mine at the base of my spine. Figured that way it wouldn't be effected by weight gain/loss and the ravages of old age:grumble: ....Plus it can be either public or private.

Some of my family don't even know I have one! My sister occasionally rocks on at length about what kind of people would do that to their body....I just smile....:bigsmile:

Mine is a :heart: and waves/water....and yes, it is special to me.Took awhile to find the right design as well as someone who I felt comfortable with to do it.

Do enjoy!

Ezzie
  • alifelessevident
    Options

Love your tat!
    thanks, the guy did an awesome job, couldn't have asked for better:happy:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Get a peal and stick tattoo...You can go from Batman to flowers weekly. If you have to ask us :tongue: You don't want one now. LOL :laugh:
  • ShanIsRad
    Options
    Good idea. (not so much the anchor) I am kinda leaning towards a really cool cross.
    You could maybe do that cross with your son's initials on it, or under it, that would be nice!

I've been putting this off for years, but I plan on getting 3 stars on the inside of my wrist, for my parents and my brother. And on the other I want to get a pink pointe (toe) shoe ribbon (because I've been dancing for 17 years) with the words "laugh, cry, live, die" going around my wrist. The quote is from a Good Charlotte song, when I was 15 I heard it and immediately decided that was going to be a part of my first tattoo.
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    I got a celtic 4 leaf clover. I really wanted a clover but it is something everyone has so I decided to give it an Irish twist as that is my heritage. It is in the small of my back. I love it. I never thought I wanted one and then one day I got it in my head to do it. It hurt bad!!!!

Amy
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said make sure that it is something you want personally.

I have a small tattoo on my right breast, just high enough that I can choose whether or not to show it. Because I am a total geek/nerd, I have a video game character. It is adorable though. lol And I will never regret it.

I really want one on my back of my favorite singers logo, but it is going to be really expensive at the size I want it. Working on saving up for it.
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    :laugh:

My name in a :heart: ???

:bigsmile:

agreed but with mine:happy:
    or just get something that is really personal to you, thats what i'm doing!
    i plan on getting a tattoo for my birthday next year the design for it is going to be a fat little cute duck (after my great-grandmother, whom i nicknamed Duckie) with "Rachel" written on its belly, if it can't fit then just underneath it - Rachel in my family stands for, well, the people in my immediate family (Ryan, Alex, Cheryle, Heather, Erin and Lauren) and i might put Eva in there somewhere - after my nana
    i'm either going to get it over my heart or on my left arm - coz of that saying 'wear your heart on your sleeve'

Awww that is so sweet Lauren!:smooched:

*notes to self to write Lauren's name in sharpie on my other arm.

i have my moments for being girlie:smooched: and if that gets me immortalized on your shoulder, its worth it:laugh:

also forgot to mention all my siblings have one
    Heather - a smiley face on her ankle with blue flames coming off of it
    Erin - has "Jubilee" on her right wrist in running writing - its because when we first moved to Queensland that was the name of our street
    Ryan - has the superman symbol on his left upper arm:sick:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Tatts are awesome!! When I reach 15% body fat, I'm getting one. :bigsmile: Granted, that will probably take a year or so, but that gives me time to save up for it hehe.

My stepmom has an ankh tattooed on her left boob (up high) and a dragon that covers her ENTIRE back, and it looks so cool! It's a European style and it's rearing up on its hind legs. My dad has a red/orange/yellow/black tribal on his left shoulder, small enough to be covered by a golf shirt lol. I want to get a tatt that looks like a stamp, and it's gonna say "Fortified with Iron" hehehe :laugh:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I knew for a very long time that I wanted a tattoo...like since high school. I didn't actually get one until I was 27. And even then it took me almost a year to find and redesign the one I wanted. A friend of mine is a very talented artist and she took a tribal tat that I found and redesigned it for me so that it was more personal, my son's name. The cool thing is...that if you look at it you don't see his name, so that makes it even more special and personal. Now that I've had my daughter I will get one with her name as well...but I haven't even started that search yet.

Good luck to you in your search.
  • kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have 5 tats and love them all... each with a special meaning about me or the stage i was at in my life. I found this suggestion list online and it follows pretty close to what i go through myself everytime i get a new one (going through the decision process right now actually)

1. Consider the reasons why you want the tattoo in the first place.
    2. If you want to be expressive, think about things that you enjoy or have meaning to you.
    3. If your tattoo is to honor someone else, think about the things they enjoy(ed) and have meaning to them.
    4. Look at other tattoos, but don't limit your imagination to what someone else already has.
    5. Look for designs in stationary, books, posters, stickers, and everything else you come across.
    6. If you find something similar to what you want, ask your artist to make whatever changes you want.
    7. Keep in mind the image you choose will be a reflection of yourself.
    8. Be creative. You don't have to draw yourself, but take your ideas to your artist.
    9. Keep in mind how your tattoo may or may not affect your employment.
    10. Decide whether you want your tattoo in black and grey, or full color.
    11. Take your time. This is not something to rush into.

Good luck
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have 5 tats and love them all... each with a special meaning about me or the stage i was at in my life. I found this suggestion list online and it follows pretty close to what i go through myself everytime i get a new one (going through the decision process right now actually)

1. Consider the reasons why you want the tattoo in the first place.
    2. If you want to be expressive, think about things that you enjoy or have meaning to you.
    3. If your tattoo is to honor someone else, think about the things they enjoy(ed) and have meaning to them.
    4. Look at other tattoos, but don't limit your imagination to what someone else already has.
    5. Look for designs in stationary, books, posters, stickers, and everything else you come across.
    6. If you find something similar to what you want, ask your artist to make whatever changes you want.
    7. Keep in mind the image you choose will be a reflection of yourself.
    8. Be creative. You don't have to draw yourself, but take your ideas to your artist.
    9. Keep in mind how your tattoo may or may not affect your employment.
    10. Decide whether you want your tattoo in black and grey, or full color.
    11. Take your time. This is not something to rush into.

Good luck

Totally agree