JUNE MILES CHALLENGE!!!

Options
Hey everyone,

Welcome to a new month! Let's kick off SUMMER with some good ol' fashioned MILES COUNTING!

Every 4 people to sign up before June 1st are a team and each time is competing against EACH OTHER. The team with the most miles this month gets to decide the following month's challenge!

We'll be using this formula to track the group's progress:

____(My PERSONAL Miles) + ______ (Previous TEAM Miles) = _______ (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)

Example: 2.50 (My PERSONAL Miles) + 50 (Previous TEAM Miles) = 52.50 (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)

RULES:
1. Group names are a MUST! It's fun!
2. You can post after each workout if you'd like but every group should post their totals every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Some things to keep in mind:
It's basically like every other challenge we've done so far except you're only keeping track of YOUR miles and adding them to YOUR TEAM.
It's just for fun so don't worry about "bringing your team down", this is all just encouragement to keep everyone moving their bodies!
Unfortunately, bike miles don't count because it effects the curve between running/walking miles too much.

Runners, Walkers, Swimmers and Eliptical(ers?) all welcome to join.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    This sounds fantastic! Count me in!
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Cool, I'm in too!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!

Sue :smile: x
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oh, me too! I need some motivation!! :)
  • myanko
    myanko Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I would love to join! This sounds motivating to me!:happy:
  • rhondaredhead
    rhondaredhead Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just in time for my transition from 5K training to 10K training. Thanks for putting this together!
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I just started c25k this week. But this will keep me motivated
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I'm doing the C25k and I walk everyday I'm not running. Fun
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'd love to jump in! I've never done a challenge, so this should be fun (and motivating). :)
  • Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm down for this challenge! Will you be formatting the teams so we know who we are with?

please give more info. Thanks
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm interested. How does this work? Need more info.

1Horsetown
  • Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45
    Options
    So to me it looks like peachykeene, beetleche13, and 1horsetown are on a team?

Is this correct?
    Please let me know so we can get things together!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    So to me it looks like peachykeene, beetleche13, and 1horsetown are on a team?

Is this correct?
    Please let me know so we can get things together!

Ideally, I'd like to do teams of 4. We did teams of 3 in a past challenge and eventually people drop off and it's difficult to log miles with just two people.

I'll be counting and listing the teams. I'll post the list June 1st to give more people time to find us and sign up! ***THE CHALLENGE DOES NOT OFFICIALLY START UNTIL JUNE 1st!***

As soon as the teams are posted, please start logging your miles starting with June 1st (if you get any miles in that day, that is) using the formula listed in my original post:

_____ (my PERSONAL miles) + ______ (Previous TEAM total) = ______ (New TEAM total)

Does that make sense to everyone?
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Count me in...i am happy to be on any team. Thanks.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    BTW...How did you get the mileage ticker on your signature line
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm a go! Sounds like fun! btw, do I get to log my pups miles too? he usually comes with on my outdoor running days

Is someone compiling the teams?
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm In! I'll check back to see what team I'm on!
  • BeanieB21
    BeanieB21 Posts: 31
    Options
    count me in :)
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Running my first 5k in June :)
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm a go! Sounds like fun! btw, do I get to log my pups miles too? he usually comes with on my outdoor running days

Is someone compiling the teams?

I'll compile teams and post them June 1st!