JUNE MILES CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    GO TEAM SIX! Woo hoo! Though I forgot about the challenge over the weekend, I've been running and can't wait to bring it in June!

I'm running a half marathon on Sunday so that will help get us started!!
  • idnam182
    idnam182 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    YEAH GO TEAM 6!!!! This is awesome motivation! I'll have to be sure to run every day - I don't want to be the team slacker!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Ok Team Five, I have sent you all friend requests so I hope you are still in it! If you want, message me with some team names and lets get this party started!!!!

TEAM FIVE-
    JustJenn419
    redfroggie
    Starr126
    Missloser

Let's do this!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Team 8

Hi. I just sent each of you friend requests. Please send me a message if you have ideas for a name. Our team consists of

alifer
    alanamorles
    bmw4deb
    tgburkert

We can do this!
  • britt8507
    britt8507 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!!
  • britt8507
    britt8507 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!!

Well looks im to late! I guess i will have to start my own personal miles alone :)
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
    Let me know if I can or should I look for another Challenge
  • heatherlfulton
    heatherlfulton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A friend requests sent out to TEAM NINE- heatherlfulton, lyla29 , Bethaniek , missoik

Any ideas for a team name?
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Team 11: What should we call ourselves? I will send friend requests later, OK?:glasses:
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    Team Six is now Sisters with Blisters!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hey team 4, I have the perfect name for us
    The Runaways...what do you guys think?

Love it! I think our name should be The Runaways! Thanks for coming up with the idea! I'm really looking forward to this challenge!
  • Nico0211
    Nico0211 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this and i would love to join a team... how do I do that???
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Are we doing walking/elliptical miles and not all day miles right?
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    TEAM 12 MILES (still need a name!!)

3.1 (My PERSONAL Miles) + 0 (Previous TEAM Miles) = 3.1 (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)

Ok next team member use this formula by adding your own miles to mine and total them:

____(My PERSONAL Miles) + 3.1 (Previous TEAM Miles) = _______ (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)

Sorry I am training for a 5k which is 3.1 miles so I am always going to have bits of miles kicking around!

Mandy xx
  • LoraEllen
    LoraEllen Posts: 81
    Options
    _3.0___(My PERSONAL Miles) + 3.1 (Previous TEAM Miles) = __6.1_____ (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)

Here are my miles for today! I'm going to try and do some more this evening after work to add to it....yea!!! Haven't come up with a name to suggest but will think on that today! Good luck with your 5K.......I trained all last year to complete a marathon and although I'm not fast I did complete the Disney Marathon in January. It was amazing and I started with doing a 5K and working my way up. Keep going, Mandy! I'm cheering for you across the pond. LOL
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    TEAM 12 MILES (still need a name!!)

3.1 (My PERSONAL Miles) + 0 (Previous TEAM Miles) = 3.1 (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)

Ok next team member use this formula by adding your own miles to mine and total them:

____(My PERSONAL Miles) + 3.1 (Previous TEAM Miles) = _______ (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)

Sorry I am training for a 5k which is 3.1 miles so I am always going to have bits of miles kicking around!

Mandy xx
    :huh: Are we suppose to post our miles like this or message each of our team members or captain and post once or twice a week with total miles for the team? There will be a lot of posting on here and way to hard to keep up with what's going on, like this. Don't you think?
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Amelia, does each 'individual' sending you their miles each M/W/F?

I've been getting a lot of emails with questions. To answer a few:

*There's no set goal for any person or team. The sky's the limit!

*Teams are definitely closed at this point. There are just too many things to keep track of. However, newcomers-please keep watching the thread in case any teams lose a member for whatever reason. You can pick up where they left off!

*Though it's totally cool to communicate with me or your team through email, please post any progress and team names to this thread.

*You may post your personal miles as often as you want to this thread (either right after you clock some miles or a weekly total) but you must post at least once a week.

REMINDER: TEAM NAMES MUST BE IN BY FRIDAY.
    Please post something to effect of "TEAM ONE is now TEAM AWESOME" so we all know.

Again, LOVING all the responses and energy. Best of luck to everyone! MOVE THAT BODY!
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    _3.0___(My PERSONAL Miles) + 3.1 (Previous TEAM Miles) = __6.1_____ (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)

Here are my miles for today! I'm going to try and do some more this evening after work to add to it....yea!!! Haven't come up with a name to suggest but will think on that today! Good luck with your 5K.......I trained all last year to complete a marathon and although I'm not fast I did complete the Disney Marathon in January. It was amazing and I started with doing a 5K and working my way up. Keep going, Mandy! I'm cheering for you across the pond. LOL

Hey Lora way to go!! Just arranging with my 16 year old son to go for a 7.5 mile hike tomorrow!! Hope my knees are ok after the gym today! I am doing the C25K podcasts but not sure I am going to be able to jog the whole 5K but will do my very best, its a charity race for Cancer Research. They do them all over the country for women and we all dress up in pink and "run" for loved ones who have lost their fight with the disease. I am very lucky and have never lost anyone but you never know, the sooner we find a cure the better.

Mandy xx
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    TEAM ONE!!

3 (My PERSONAL Miles) + 0 (Previous TEAM Miles) = 3 (New TEAM Miles TOTAL)
  • Kraziekay89
    Options
    Team 3:

PeachyKeene, BeetleChe13, 1Horsetown, and myself Kraziekay89

I'm really liking the WTF (witness the fitness) team name. What do you all think?
    Please respond so we can get something figured out.

Do any of you WANT to be the captain? I will be more than happy to take charge if need be. It may be what I need to keep focus, unless one of you others is organzied, because I am not the greatest but am willing to take on the challenge.

Let me know what you think and if you could quote this when you would reply I would GREATLY appreciate it