Bathroom Etiquette

Options
Seeing how Im in the bathroom peeing so much now that they have given me my own stall I thought I would share some common sense

1. a courtesy flush is always appreciated
2. when you flush, make sure EVERYTHING goes down
3. I really dont need to hear your phone conversation, Im sure the other person doesnt need to hear you pee
4. please leave all food and drinks in the break room or at your desk... its just gross

and personally for me, please dont brush your teeth in a public bathroom, gross, gross, gross

Replies

• Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have one.....

Don't throw (insert anything that comes into your mind) on the floor in the bathroom stall. That's why there is a toliet and a trash dispenser in the stall.

Thank you,
    Ebbs
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    so guess you're not a fan of "If it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown, flush it down!"
  • nikkie01
    nikkie01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank You!!! This just made my day. I'm sitting at my desk eating my lunch when I read this and I swear I think I spit diet coke out of my nose.

I work in an office with 3 other girls we have one bathroom. One of the women comes in at 11 to wrk til 8. As soon as she comes in she goes to the bathroom. It's aweful and goes at least three more times before I go home. I seriously think she could do her first #2 before she comes to our office.

Thanks for sharing!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

and personally for me, please dont brush your teeth in a public bathroom, gross, gross, gross

disagree here.
    nothing gross about people having good personal hygiene.
    luckily at my office, we have a more or less private bathroom. theres room for 2 people, but we have locks so you get the bathroom to yourself.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I"m a big fan of the rule: maintenance guy don't come to our building where there are 5 ladies sharing a bathroom to drop your daily post lunch duce. seriously, not cute.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Can I add: If the bathroom has more than 3 stalls and its just you and another person in there, how about you give some personal space and try not to take the stall directly next to the other person! I hate if I am in there doing my thing and someone comes in and out of the 20 stalls takes the one directly next to me! I dunno why, but it just bugs me!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options

disagree here.
    nothing gross about people having good personal hygiene.
    luckily at my office, we have a more or less private bathroom. theres room for 2 people, but we have locks so you get the bathroom to yourself.

+1 on that. Certainly better to brush your teeth in the public bathroom than to not brush your teeth!
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The thing that bother me almost as much as pee on the toilet seat are the women WHO DON'T WASH THEIR HANDS after they use the toilet. Ew!!! *

When I read the articles that phones, keyboards and wallets are just as germy as toilet handles, I know whose fault that is.

* 1 second of rinsing the back of your hand doesn't count.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Can I add: If the bathroom has more than 3 stalls and its just you and another person in there, how about you give some personal space and try not to take the stall directly next to the other person! I hate if I am in there doing my thing and someone comes in and out of the 20 stalls takes the one directly next to me! I dunno why, but it just bugs me!

This bugs me too! Or, the first stall they try to enter is the one you're in. I always do a "foot check" to avoid nearly barging in on someone (or slamming myself into the locked door!).

I also don't mind people brushing their teeth in the bathroom (as long as there's more than one sink so they aren't hogging it). When I had braces, I was in the office bathroom brushing my teeth all the time!
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    Men are different we just pee on the toilet , the floor and leave.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    4. please leave all food and drinks in the break room or at your desk... its just gross

It gives me shivers every time I see that.

I've seen guys go to the urinals, but coffee mug on the floor next to their feet and go to town.

The worse was in a movie theater and a guy came in with a large popcorn and large soda and was trying to do some kind of balancing act at the urinals.

Apparently these guys have never heard of "splash".
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    The thing that bother me almost as much as pee on the toilet seat are the women WHO DON'T WASH THEIR HANDS after they use the toilet. Ew!!! *

When I read the articles that phones, keyboards and wallets are just as germy as toilet handles, I know whose fault that is.

* 1 second of rinsing the back of your hand doesn't count.

Seriously, it is so gross to see someone just walk out without washing their hands - I used to work with a woman who did that and I could never look at her the same way afterwards....
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thank You!!! This just made my day. I'm sitting at my desk eating my lunch when I read this and I swear I think I spit diet coke out of my nose.

I work in an office with 3 other girls we have one bathroom. One of the women comes in at 11 to wrk til 8. As soon as she comes in she goes to the bathroom. It's aweful and goes at least three more times before I go home. I seriously think she could do her first #2 before she comes to our office.

Thanks for sharing!

I can imagine that would be really unfortunate, haha. But if she's going that often, it could be a medical thing - maybe IBS or something?
  • MindiKat
    MindiKat Posts: 49
    Options
    And while we all appreciate friendly co-workers, don't comment on someone's shoes, pedicure, etc. while they're in the bathroom stall. That's just awkward.