OT: What men aren't telling you!

Options
2»

Replies

• Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Does she like/appreciate gift certificates so she can buy whatever she wants???

I'd LOVE a gift cert as long as it wasn't to a sporting good or Auto parts store. :laugh:

That works, it's just so impersonal (IMO). Part of the problem is that, while we are not $$$ by any means, we do well enough that we have most of the stuff we really cared about when we were younger (i.e., I have 5 motorcycles in the garage). Also, we're both fiscally smart so no BMW's or Tiffany tennis bracelets ever make the list. Still, I know she has her eyes on stuff. Hell, I always have a list of new crap I'd like. WTH!?
  • Emdicio
    Options
    My b-day is next week too... Usually a nice dinner( where they don't have paper napkins or yellow & red in the signage), flowers (which my man is great about) and anything bath & body works is a safe bet.

Happy early Birthday to you, then! I hope you have a great day and get what makes your heart warm. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Juliebean
    Options

I'd LOVE a gift cert as long as it wasn't to a sporting good or Auto parts store. :laugh:

That works, it's just so impersonal (IMO). Part of the problem is that, while we are not $$$ by any means, we do well enough that we have most of the stuff we really cared about when we were younger (i.e., I have 5 motorcycles in the garage). Also, we're both fiscally smart so no BMW's or Tiffany tennis bracelets ever make the list. Still, I know she has her eyes on stuff. Hell, I always have a list of new crap I'd like. WTH!?

Could you maybe get her a basket and fill it will stuff you know she'd like? Like for a relaxing evening for herself. A bottle of wine, some bubbles or bath stuff, a small box of chocolates, a good book... Or you can quickly turn that into a basket of things you can both enjoy for a romantic evening. Just replace the good book with some candles and maybe a... gift certificate to Victoria's secret or something.

And for the record, it really is the thought that counts. :wink:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    My b-day is next week too... Usually a nice dinner( where they don't have paper napkins or yellow & red in the signage), flowers (which my man is great about) and anything bath & body works is a safe bet.

Happy early Birthday to you, then! I hope you have a great day and get what makes your heart warm. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    You could set the house up like a nice restaurant and cook for her. Go get cloth napkins at TJ Max or Ross if need be. Bottle of wine or bubbly, nice music, ..... you get the idea.... :tongue:
  • Emdicio
    Options

Could you maybe get her a basket and fill it will stuff you know she'd like? Like for a relaxing evening for herself. A bottle of wine, some bubbles or bath stuff, a small box of chocolates, a good book... Or you can quickly turn that into a basket of things you can both enjoy for a romantic evening. Just replace the good book with some candles and maybe a... gift certificate to Victoria's secret or something.

Thanks for the idea, that would work pretty well. See - right there; why can't I think of something creative like that. Oh, that's right - I'm a dude! :laugh: :embarassed:
  • Emdicio
    Options

You could set the house up like a nice restaurant and cook for her. Go get cloth napkins at TJ Max or Ross if need be. Bottle of wine or bubbly, nice music, ..... you get the idea.... :tongue:

Great idea, but I've already played that card a few times. Doesn't mean as much any more. Damned expectations! :laugh: :wink:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options

Thanks for the idea, that would work pretty well. See - right there; why can't I think of something creative like that. Oh, that's right - I'm a dude! :laugh: :embarassed:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's what your buddies here are for!:flowerforyou: