Replies

• 2cBill
    2cBill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kick *kitten*!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Great job! (I love your quote "There is no such thing as a cheetos tree!")
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's been surprisingly easy in certain ways -- when I stay "on plan". The hard part has been not putting the box of Debbies in my shopping cart. That was my snack / binge / emotion food of choice. But if I don't buy them I don't eat them!

I love "Cheetos Tree" too!! LOL I wish I could take credit for that, but I can't. I don't have this first-hand (since I don't have TV and don't watch the show), but I believe Jillian Michaels said it on Biggest Loser.
    lisastrom:
    GREAT JOB!!! Dedication does pay off. I'm glad that you added that you aren't starving yourself. Too many times on this site I read about people who are starting out at the lowest calorie level, trying to lose as much as they can as quickly as they can. It's not about speed, it's about distance. Keep up the good work! Now have a great holiday weekend:)
    Yes, exactly! One of my operating philosophies is "Slow and Steady wins the Race!" It took me 20 years of slowly creeping up and up the scale to get from 150 (senior yr of high school) to 240. I think I can give myself 20 months to get back down!!
    emilysebastian:
    AWESOME!!! What a great feeling on a Friday :happy: Please post a picture when you're so tiny you can fit you and that little one in the second picture into the pants with you... I did that this weekend but didn't get a picture. HILARIOUS and super inspiring, so hold onto those pants if ONLY for that!!!
    LOL! You're on! I was planning to do that with the jeans from the first picture, but I think these pants will be more "meaningful".
    ales1979
    Wowzers!! What an amazing achievement!! You have done so well!!!

Thankyou so much for posting about your walking (the 22min mile etc) because thats about where I'm at right now, but I DO like to see people improve from the numbers they started at (like I'm doing) because then I know I can do it too!!

big congrats!!!

xx
    In this run/walk group there are folks training for 10K and half-marathon. It has been so discouraging to have folks going twice as far finishing at the same time! It is painfully obvious they are twice as fast! But was it Woody Allen who said "90% of success is just showing up" ? I keep showing up and today I did 5 miles at 16 min mile! :bigsmile: I am going to have some sort of celebration when I hit 15 min/mile (4 miles an hour).

Thanks again for the encouragement! I still have 30-50 (+?) pounds to go (I'm not really sure since I havent been that weight since high school!!), but I am now totally confident that I can go the distance. :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!