bump so I can read it later
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    read the blog-- Julia sent it to me-- makes sense-- I am trying it now
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I usually eat approx 1400 cal a day and workout with Insanity/Spinning/weights....I mix it up on different days. I started zig zagging my calories and am into my 2nd week of it. So far, I like it a lot b/c there are 2 days a week I can eat 1800 cal and 2 days a week I eat 1200 cal. Other days are still about 1400. I have lost 3 lbs in 1.5 weeks, which makes me happy b/c I am almost to my goal. What you can do is add up your calories for the week (1400 x 7) and the split that total up throughtout the week. My heavy eating days are Saturday and Wednesday......I like to drink my wine on Saturdays, so that makes me happy too!! I had a friend who helped me figure out the amount I eat throughout the week, but so far it is working. I am still nervous on those 1800 cal days, and definitly work out on those days......but so far, so good!!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love this - and the article!!
    Who would have thought that I had to eat more. I was of the mentaity of "Wait, I exercise to get the weight off and you want me to ADD calories on the days I work out??? I think not!!" Wow has that changed! I get it now! When I work my body, it needs to be replenished with good food.
    Great job on all that you have accomplished and all the places your success will take you!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I am putting that blog in my signature for others to read! I hope the writer doesn't mind! it is genious! so well explained!
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Lets keep in touch if you dont mind, I need all the support I can get!
  • meidson
    meidson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    FYI, whenever I increase my calories in, I gain weight. So, whenever I hit a plateau, I increase my exercising, both cardio and weights (calories out).